Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Peter Vecsey's interview with MJ from July '94

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    When you take the supposed GOAT out of a team and replace him with Pete freakin Myers, you expect a big drop-off.
    You must be young.

We didn't expect a "HUGE drop off" ... we just knew as Bulls fans we probably wouldn't win the ring again.

As a Bulls fan we knew we would still be a playoff team, we knew we'd still be good.

We won our fair share. No one is saying Jordan didn't have a solid team. They developed a core of guys that stuck together for three championships. They were battle tested so of course expecting them to get to at least the 2nd round wasn't improbable, and of course that first season they had the emotional response of wanting to PROVE people that they weren't just the "Jordanaires" ...

So they played really hard all year. They had three guys make the all star team just for that one season. BJ played lights out that year. Grant was playing for a contract, and Pippen upped his game.

The very next season they came back down to earth, though.

I don't get why using what the Bulls did in '94 like diminishes Jordan? lol ...

With Jordan they won 3 straight championships, the first team to do it since Russell's Celtics.

But in '94 they went out in the 2nd round. Regardless if it went 7 games, they lost. Period.

There is a huge difference in a team winning 3 straight championships and a team losing in the 2nd round.
    Last edited by Samurai Swoosh; 06-20-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    And don't try to even begin to say that kukoc was equal to pippen. And a rookie kukoc no less.
    The hell are you even talking about?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    You must be young.

We didn't expect a "HUGE drop off" ... we just knew as Bulls fans we probably wouldn't win the ring again.

As a Bulls fan we knew we would still be a playoff team, we knew we'd still be good.

We won our fair share. No one is saying Jordan didn't have a solid team. They developed a core of guys that stuck together for three championships. They were battle tested so of course expecting them to get to at least the 2nd round wasn't improbable, and of course that first season they had the emotional response of wanting to PROVE people that they weren't just the "Jordanaires" ...

So they played really hard all year. They had three guys make the all star team just for that one season. BJ played lights out that year. Grant was playing for a contract, and Pippen upped his game.

The very next season they came back down to earth, though.

I don't get why using what the Bulls did in '94 like diminishes Jordan? lol ...

With Jordan they won 3 straight championships, the first team to do it since Russell's Celtics.

But in '94 they went out in the 2nd round. Regardless if it went 7 games, they lost. Period.

There is a huge difference in a team winning 3 straight championships and a team losing in the 2nd round.
    They fell back down to earth? Losing Grant their 2nd best player had nothing to do with that right? Regardless, Pippen still had that team over .500 before Jordan returned and that itself is an accomplishment considering how shitty that team was.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    They fell back down to earth? Losing Grant their 2nd best player had nothing to do with that right? Regardless, Pippen still had that team over .500 before Jordan returned and that itself is an accomplishment considering how shitty that team was.
    I don't disagree. But yes, they came back down to earth. Was BJ an all star? No. That's what I mean by coming back down to earth. The scrubs on the Bulls played SUPER motivated ball in 1994.

I don't disagree. But yes, they came back down to earth. Was BJ an all star? No. That's what I mean by coming back down to earth. The scrubs on the Bulls played SUPER motivated ball in 1994.
    Uh...Bj was better in 95 then he was in 94... but he was NEVER an all star to begin with and never belonged on the team, but his 95 season was better than his season in 94. The Bulls mostly won with defense in 94 after Jordan left as they were not a great offensive team obviously. When Grant left that left a big hole in the defense which Pippen tried to fill up by himself and practically almost did. Either way, I don't see how its coming back down when you lose your 2nd best player. You are supposed to win less when you lose good players...that's kind of how it works.

Root Of All Evil

You are supposed to win less when you lose good players...that's kind of how it works.
    As evident with the Bulls losing Jordan, and then Grant. That is how it works.

BJ wasn't "better" in 1995.

He averaged a point and assist more per game in 1994.

C'mon, son ... don't just run your mouth off.

Peter Vescey?

sorry, not reading that bum.

dude is a Skip Bayless/Sam Smith/Jay Mariotti style pull it out of your ass and throw it up against the wall bullshit artist.

And he had a .577ts% to 94's .547ts%...more efficient = better...this isn't rocket science, try to keep up.

What are you even talking about?
    You know exactly what im talking about. How many times have you checked a kobe fan for saying jordan didn't win in his first few years while kobe did, by saying jordan didn't have a capable team?

But then turncoat and say pippen should've won in 94

The hell are you even talking about?
    In your 1st post you said pippen help in 94 was better than jordans in 93. So in essence, your saying kukoc was pippens pippen so to speak. Cuz all the other plyers were there already.

Whatever you want to call it. Scottie pippen will that team just like anyother. I mean, can you at least acknowledge that the bulls lost grant and scott williams and replaced him with dickey simpkins,lerry krystowiak and corie blount? All drastic downgrades. If wade, kobe, james, magic whoever you wanna name were in pippens position you'd be singing praises to that player.

Root Of All Evil

And he had a .577ts% to 94's .547ts%...more efficient = better...this isn't rocket science, try to keep up.

I didn't know people were guarded at the free-throw line.

TS% ... haha

What a clown

Root Of All Evil

But then turncoat and say pippen should've won in 94
    Where did I say Pippen "should've won in 1994"? I'll wait.

Root Of All Evil

In your 1st post you said pippen help in 94 was better than jordans in 93. So in essence, your saying kukoc was pippens pippen so to speak. Cuz all the other plyers were there already.
    No I am talking about the entire team outside of Jordan was better than they were in '91, '92, and '93.

Root Of All Evil

Whatever you want to call it. Scottie pippen will that team just like anyother. I mean, can you at least acknowledge that the bulls lost grant and scott williams and replaced him with dickey simpkins,lerry krystowiak and corie blount? All drastic downgrades. If wade, kobe, james, magic whoever you wanna name were in pippens position you'd be singing praises to that player.
    Where did I say Pippen wasn't playing great?