Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
majorgoose
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 90
Default do you guys think that the mavs could have

swept the miami if caron butler was available?
majorgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Kiarip
High School Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 759
Default Re: do you guys think that the mavs could have

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorgoose
swept the miami if caron butler was available?

Only if he was their 6th man on the floor at all times.
Kiarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
asdf1990
College star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,169
Default Re: do you guys think that the mavs could have

If caron was playing would they have started Barea? Would terry get as many minutes? Would marion get as many shots? Would Stevenson even get playing time?
asdf1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
majorgoose
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 90
Default Re: do you guys think that the mavs could have

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
If caron was playing would they have started Barea? Would terry get as many minutes? Would marion get as many shots? Would Stevenson even get playing time?

if caron was playing as the 7th guy? instead of stevenson..
do you think dallas could've swept the heat?
majorgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
asdf1990
College star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,169
Default Re: do you guys think that the mavs could have

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorgoose
if caron was playing as the 7th guy? instead of stevenson..
do you think dallas could've swept the heat?

no cuz stevenson hit key threes down the stretch that crushed the heat in most of the games.
asdf1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,154
Default Re: do you guys think that the mavs could have

I know on paper he makes them look very good, but the team played as a real team and got contributions from role players who may have not had those looks if Butler was playing. I honestly feel they dont even make the finals because their role players and team chemistry was so in sync. If you threw Butler in there, it could have disrupted everything.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste
 
creepingdeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tempe, AZ / Heidelberg
Posts: 4,518
Default Re: do you guys think that the mavs could have

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I know on paper he makes them look very good, but the team played as a real team and got contributions from role players who may have not had those looks if Butler was playing. I honestly feel they dont even make the finals because their role players and team chemistry was so in sync. If you threw Butler in there, it could have disrupted everything.
Pretty much. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise.. maybe not. We will never know. And who cares? We are the champions of the world, man!
creepingdeath is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy