Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #1831
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 6 thread: Mavericks at Heat

lebron only deserves the ring when his piggybacking w/ one of the greats of the next decade
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #1832
nbacardDOTnet
Ubuntu !! V18 !!

nbacardDOTnet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers_forever
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Dallas. And I won't stop until I get it."

Next season:

nbacardDOTnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 AM   #1833
Bogus_Sting
Old School Cool

Bogus_Sting has decent reputation

Finally we can put this season to bed. Congrats to all the Dallas fans.

Good finally triumphed over evil!

JKidd finally got his ring, and should be recognized as one of the best PG's ever.

Dirk is the best player on this planet.

And the Heat? I don't think anything else needs to be said.... all I know is I really like that Flow Rida song about the Heat already winning, I could listen to it all night!

Cheers Insidehoops

It has been a pleasure. hope you all stay safe.

And Go SIXERS!
Bogus_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #1834
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

I want to see Nashy go back to Big D next season or even the season after.
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #1835
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

my final thoughts on this series/game:

- first off, wow, just an incredible series. strange but incredible. different role players stepping up, tons of runs, close games, etc. please no lockout!

- second, lebron shied away from the moment. there was a sequence on offense with about 5:00 left where lebron barely moved, got the ball twice and immediately chest passed it out. earlier in the quarter, haslem was battling for a rebound and lebron was basically just watching. i almost couldn't believe it. i hate to pile on lebron like this, but c'mon. you claim you just want to win...well show it! at some point, you have to abandon getting everyone involved. you have to put your head down and make something happen. even if you dribble it off your foot, at least you tried.

- continuing on with lebron, but somewhat OT: i really think it's something psychological. whether the media gets into his head, opposing players, combo of both, i don't know...but there's something off there. physically, he has it together for the most part. he seems to overthink and question himself late and for a guy that talented, being a glorified PG who doesn't want to shoot just isn't enough. dumping the ball to a 40 year old juwuan howard late isn't gonna cut it. lebron was aggressive early on. 5 points in less than 3 minutes and it looked like it was going to be one of those 30 point triple double games. instead, he was a minus 24 (-24). yo, i don't always follow that as a hard rule but when everyone else is at least a 0 and you're pulling a damn -24?

- miami are frontrunners so when dallas were up 9 going into the 4th, i had a hunch that dallas would win. sure enough, hero shots starting to pop up on miami's side.

- missed FT's and TO's late really did miami in. even when they cut it to 7 late, they kept shooting themselves in the foot and couldn't get closer.

- but man, i have a feeling the media onslaught for lebron is gonna reach fever pitches. crank it up a couple more levels and i think i'm gonna start to tune out in a major way...kind of already have. it's just...there's other players in the league worth talking about. lebron, man, just ignore all the media. you get nothing out of it unless it's gonna drive you. don't try to answer everything, vindicate this or that, or whatever.

- i thought carlisle outcoached spo but at the same time, i'm not gonna say spo is a bum. i think he's got a fairly bright future ahead of him. i can just see plenty of people using him as a scapegoat and making him out to be one of the worst coaches in the league. let's see what happens next season first.

- it's hard to avoid the miami narrative, but enough about that. time to focus on the deserved champs, dallas. they battled throughout the playoffs. just a really gritty team that played like...a team. they made the extra pass most of the time and never gave up.

- i was impressed with kidd's poise. he just manages that offense so well. i don't think he hardly ever took an early shot even if he was open. he'd always go through his options and hell defensively, he's still one of the better PG's in the game. he took turns guarding wade and lebron. he also guarded durant during stretches. dude is 38...i don't think you can ask for more than that. we need to stop making fun of players who struggle vs. kidd and recognize that he's an all-time great on ball defender for his position. period. it's not an insult to be slowed by kidd. he took NJ to two finals and i think this win is just as sweet as one of those could have been.

- terry was huge this series. as much as i've criticized him in the past, he backed up his words. he hit big shot after big shot and wasn't ready to go away with a loss.

- dallas hit 45% of their contested catch and shoot jumpers. now that is just gonna win ball games.

- i don't think there's a team that played like a TEAM like dallas did since '04 pistons. you can still win with a full team today. i also believe dallas' defense was kinda underrated all season. chandler, marion, stevenson, kidd and even terry can play above average defense. chandler's energy was great. his ability to help, then recover was awesome. chandler is yet another player teams gave up on (chicago, NO, OKC). this is just a team full of veterans and team players. great spacing on both sides of the ball. when they go into zone, they mostly know their assignments. i'm not sure there's many teams at all that can play zone like dallas currently. not crucial but a nice mix up at times. maybe the media will focus more on teams instead of superstars but i doubt it. superstars sell and teams are looked upon nothing more than a 'feel good' story or 'we'll talk about eventually' thing.

- so on that note, congrats dallas fans. well deserved FMVP for dirk. long time coming as a 13 year veteran with one team. pop the champagne. stop reading this and celebrate. sorry if this isn't organized...straight off the dome though. live it up

$hit mavs have already done it...100 bottles of rozay at a miami club. this after dirk and terry showed off that larry o'brien: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxct8h54J4U

miami = not a sports city. strictly parties.

- to the bandwagon miami fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmUi0qXdFCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGk...ature=youtu.be

- to the true miami fans...i think ya'll will be back. just keep those fool bandwagoners in check. the obnoxious ones who posted incessantly all season in a self-serving, righteous way

ehh OT again: how money was barkley in these playoffs. first off, he was saying dallas was the best team in texas for a couple months. then right before the playoffs said they were the best team in the league. he also called grizzlies beating the spurs. outside of chicago vs. miami, he was almost right every time. you win some and lose some but it his winning season for chuck. now that fool is gonna go straight back to gambling

mo williams said 'dallas healed my heart' on twitter

Last edited by blacknapalm : 06-13-2011 at 07:14 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #1836
nashwade
High School Varsity 12th Man

nashwade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
I want to see Nashy go back to Big D next season or even the season after.

neh, Nash can't guard Kobe like the way Kidd did

congrats to Marion, Dirk and Kidd... well done. I can't stand Terry but I'll have to say he won Game 6 for the Mavs. Good job

onward to the next season...
nashwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #1837
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

actually, on a related note once again...nash to miami? danger zone. imagine the lobs. then you can have bosh and lebron double screen? either one can roll to the basket or spot up. i don't know if nash will do that. kidd tonight said he'd like to play 2-3 more years and i do think nash wouldn't be a major upgrade. kidd has composure and is simply the far better defender. but on miami? nash could certainly tip the scales. we'll see. new CBA. i just hop there isn't a lockout. figure it out, NBA.

the new CBA is huge on the plans of teams. there's a lot of teams that might not have as much flexibility as we all think. that's aside from the fact there's a potential lockout (which i am getting more fearful will last until last january if not more)

Last edited by blacknapalm : 06-13-2011 at 08:39 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #1838
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats Mavs fans
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #1839
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats Mavs as well... very much deserved and it was great to see Dirk finally rise to the next level.... that is what made the Mavs so much stronger....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #1840
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Heatles dont have ringO
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #1841
ThaSwagg3r

Old 06-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #1842
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Macy's ad declares Heat world champs:

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/1...Heat-champions
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #1843
fillmont
Can barely lace up my sneakers

fillmont has an OK reputation so far

fillmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #1844
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude
Dallas Mavericks are on a NBA Finals high 2 game winning run after running out victorious against Miami Heat in their last home game. Miami Heat are however on a two game slide and look to end that at home against the Dallas Mavericks. The Dallas Mavericks are the only team to have won 50% of away games in the NBA Finals this season, having lost one and won one of their 2 matches away from the American Airlines Center. Miami Heat are 1-1 in the American Airlines Arena in the NBA Finals so they should stop that slide if LeBron gets a good game.

Projected starting line ups:
Dallas Mavericks have coach Rick Carlisle (Carlisle a name not Carlisle a football club http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlisle_United_F.C.)

Miami Heat have owner Micky Arison.

I think it will be an exciting game especially looking at the battle between Chris Bosh and Dirk Nowitzki, two of the hottest players in the league IMO. Maybe Jason Kidd will be retired soon, so he is on the down. I will predict a 122-88 blowout for Miami. Mike Bibby (#3 draft pick) will have assists. And meybe Ian Mahinmi who was in a France recently.

EXTRA INFO!!!!: These teams have played each other before in the NBA Finals, with Miami Heat led by Shaq and D-Wade beating the Mavs, led by Dirk and JET 4-2. This time round, the Dallas Mavs, led by Dirk and JET, lead the Miami Heat, led by LeBron and D-Wade 3-2. Also Chris Bosh is a Dallas native so maybe he is biased.

Miami Heat have three All-Star worthy dancers, pictured above. They will give their fans a big lift for the game. Their names are Katrina Lovehart, Bianca Mills and Shalaina Aldridge. Katrina Lovehart if she was a WNBA player she would be #1 draft pick probably better than Maya. Bianca is just Bianca and Shalaina was a Miami native and has lived there for all of her 24 years

D&D's expert analysis:

Turn's out neither me or Done & Done predicted the right numbers (I apoligize for that) but congratulations to Dallas and especially to Dirk, if you read this, something he deserves.
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #1845
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
lol...ya but just Kidd

Yep.....Lebron sure hates on Dirk....couldn't congratulate him...LMAO at the hate and jealousy.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: