Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Halo 4 and Halo CE anniversary edition announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
b/c it would be harder to justify charging you $60 for it
Early rumors are that it'll only be 39.99. And those should be confirmed later this week. Given that there's Halo 2 maps in the game...I'm positive that it's worth close to 40. I'm not a huge Halo guy, but I'll get it when it drops to 30 or so. Might get it on release date, depending on my Amazon discount.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #17
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sorry but watching Halo 4's trailer of 1 minute and 33 seconds, it shows 10 seconds of actual visual. I don't see any reasons why people love this game, although I do see the reasons people really do love their Halo, their loyal to that title.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
Kobe24Clutch
Banned

Kobe24Clutch has an OK reputation so far

Why don't they just bring up the servers for halo 2
Kobe24Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24Clutch
Why don't they just bring up the servers for halo 2
thats like bringing up all the old xbox's server
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #20
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

There is no reason to have a 360 at this point unless you really love Live. I would trade it if I wasn't so lazy,

Halo 4 are you kidding me Microsoft? YUNO give me anything fresh?

I really want to make an argument for Gears of War here, but you're probably right.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #21
az00m
bet purple 3/05/11

az00m has decent reputationaz00m has decent reputation

Halo 2 > any other halo game ever made.

The only thing that would of made me happier with halo 2 was if they brought the pistol from halo 1 too halo 2.
az00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #22
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Stagnation.

This is a sign a franchise or a company is on the verge of downfall.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #23
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

Hopefully 343 doesn't **** Halo 4 up like Bungie did with H3 and Reach. Loved H1 and H2, but H3 and Reach were not fun.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #24
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by che guevara
Hopefully 343 doesn't **** Halo 4 up like Bungie did with H3 and Reach. Loved H1 and H2, but H3 and Reach were not fun.
lolwut

H3 was on par with halo ce
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #25
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Microsoft needs some new gaming franchises, BADLY.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #26
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Microsoft needs some new gaming franchises, BADLY.

Yeah, I guess they have sort of exhausted that approach?

They've tried to launch a lot of new franchises over the years and very few of them were successful.

You got stuff like Blinx, Perfect Dark Z, Sudeki, Shadowrun, Tao Feng, Ninety-nine Nights, Kameo, etc, etc. Just a whole bunch titles ranging from mediocre to intensely awful. They just don't have more than one or two talented development teams on their payroll.

Their new thing seems to be to focus mostly on third-party and then try and negotiate some small form of exclusive content.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #27
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Their new thing seems to be to focus mostly on third-party and then try and negotiate some small form of exclusive content.

and it continues to work well, i think this halo nonsense will hurt them though.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #28
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
and it continues to work well, i think this halo nonsense will hurt them though.

Oh it's a good business decision. Anyone who owns both consoles is going to continue to buy every multiplatform title on the 360 because they usually get some additional content and their Live service is so good.

But as a consumer it pisses me off that they spend all their money on map-packs instead of on development. They are simply riding the third party wave, and it's doing a very bad job at keeping me (and I'm sure many other users) loyal to their company in any way.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #29
Rose
Moon Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yeah, I guess they have sort of exhausted that approach?

They've tried to launch a lot of new franchises over the years and very few of them were successful.

You got stuff like Blinx, Perfect Dark Z, Sudeki, Shadowrun, Tao Feng, Ninety-nine Nights, Kameo, etc, etc. Just a whole bunch titles ranging from mediocre to intensely awful. They just don't have more than one or two talented development teams on their payroll.

The problems is ALOT of those games appeal more towards the PS3 or Nintendo market.

Xbox 360, isn't really an RPG console. The only exception was really mass effect which is on the PS3 now. KOTOR was as well, but they abandoned that franchise. I can't think of any other exclusive RPGs. Most of the xbox games are really...shooters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...osoft_Xbox_360

Let's be real. Perfect Dark was originally on the N64. It's not a 360 title, sure it came out for the 360, but that's not Microsoft's franchise.
Sudeki? It got positive reviews. Not sure why they abandoned it either.
Shadowrun came out first on the PC, and then moved over to the 360.
Tao Feng never heard of it.
Nighty-nine nights? it's cool but I think developer went under not sure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to see them come up with something new. Something really really creative. I thought Prototype could be that type of game. And Sony's answer was inFAMOUS which I'm pretty sure was a bigger success. But I'd love to see more of that out of the box style that xbox once had.

I'm also pretty sure the Kinect will come back and bite them in the ass, because how many hardcore gamers actually have/want the kinect? I don't know any whatsoever. Sure immediately it boosted the sales because it stole some off the wii's market...but I really think they're gonna regret sinking more into it, than their own non-Kinect games.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #30
BuffaloBill
Blue Bomber

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: