Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #1411
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
Trout should have thrown more power punches. He was expecting a completely different fighter according to him.

Canelo got cornered numerous times and used only his head to avoid the punches, that was awesome to see. He has mad power but I think he got tired very quickly. At this stage I think he wouldn't do anything to Mayweather.

Sergio Martinez would destroy both.
Trout doesn't seem to have power, or at least didn't work on it during his training camp.

This is my first time seeing Trout fight.

Canelo/Chavez Jr and Trout/Sergio to set up Canelo/Sergio.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #1412
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Trout doesn't seem to have power, or at least didn't work on it during his training camp.

This is my first time seeing Trout fight.

Canelo/Chavez Jr and Trout/Sergio to set up Canelo/Sergio.

Chavez won't make 154. He's huge. I don't think Canelo is ready to move up. He'd be a really small MW. There are still guys at 154 he could face like Angulo, and Lara. Even Golovkin said he could make 154.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #1413
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Chavez won't make 154. He's huge. I don't think Canelo is ready to move up. He'd be a really small MW. There are still guys at 154 he could face like Angulo, and Lara. Even Golovkin said he could make 154.
Chavez wont make 154 but Canelo will make 160 easily. He came into the fight at 173 tonight.

Angula and Lara are fighting in June, I guess the winner could face Canelo and loser gets Trout. Canelo and Trout would whip either/or though. They are the top two of that division by a long shot.

Ishe Smith, Carlos Molina, James Kirkland?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #1414
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation here

Trout made Canelo look small next to him fighting at 154lbs. And Chavez Jr looked 2 weight classes above Sergio martinez when they fought at 160lbs. If Canelo was to face off again Chavez Jr i wouldnt be surprised to see a 20lbs to 25lbs difference on fight night
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #1415
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
Trout made Canelo look small next to him fighting at 154lbs. And Chavez Jr looked 2 weight classes above Sergio martinez when they fought at 160lbs. If Canelo was to face off again Chavez Jr i wouldnt be surprised to see a 20lbs to 25lbs difference on fight night
How much does Chavez usually come in on fight night?

Canelo might look small but he weighted more than Trout at the weight in yesterday and tonight.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #1416
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
How much does Chavez usually come in on fight night?

Canelo might look small but he weighted more than Trout at the weight in yesterday and tonight.

He refused to tell his weight on fight night the last few fights but many analysts said he looked to be about 185 on fight night against Sergio.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #1417
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Chavez wont make 154 but Canelo will make 160 easily. He came into the fight at 173 tonight.

Angula and Lara are fighting in June, I guess the winner could face Canelo and loser gets Trout. Canelo and Trout would whip either/or though. They are the top two of that division by a long shot.

Ishe Smith, Carlos Molina, James Kirkland?

Kirkland would need a tuneup fight first. He's been out of action for a while. He's got ridiculous power, but he has a bad chin himself so Canelo would probably knock him out.

Smith is a scrub.

Molina is really crafty and clever, but he's so boring and rarely ever KO's anyone. He'd be a high risk, low reward fighter.

There's also Martirosyan (sp?) but he's overrated.

Maybe Cotto? He would lose to Canelo but it'll bring in a lot of money.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #1418
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Showtime put on a pretty nice production. I haven't watched a Showtime Boxing match in like 4 years (the last time I had Showtime.) Ray Lewis is joining the team also.

I think they have a better card next week than HBO's card.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #1419
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

I thought it was pretty clear that Canelo won?

Trout was far more offensive but he wasn't connecting. Canelo was toying with him after that knockdown, hands down and just dodging with his head.

I really liked the post-fight interview from Trout, he knew he lost and accepted it like a man instead of talking smack.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #1420
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

I actually think Mayweather fights Canelo next May, I think it happens. Mayweather fights again in September, probably vs Devon Alexander or Lucas Maythesse. He'll than have three more fights left on his contract before he retires. Those final matches could be Ahmir Khan in the UK possibly at the O2 Arena, Manny Pacquiao at Cowboy Stadium and Adrien Broner at the MGM Grand for the passing of the tourch match.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #1421
PistonsFan#21
College star

Quote:
I actually think Mayweather fights Canelo next May, I think it happens. Mayweather fights again in September, probably vs Devon Alexander or Lucas Maythesse. He'll than have three more fights left on his contract before he retires. Those final matches could be Ahmir Khan in the UK possibly at the O2 Arena, Manny Pacquiao at Cowboy Stadium and Adrien Broner at the MGM Grand for the passing of the tourch match.

i dont see this happening. they both publicly stated they are like brothers and wouldnt fight each other.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #1422
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

and Canelo fight will not hapen either trust me...

Alexander/Khan I can see that happening
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #1423
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
i dont see this happening. they both publicly stated they are like brothers and wouldnt fight each other.
Floyd and 50 Cent were considered brothers too ... never know what happens in the next 2 years. If they were really close, Broner would be under Mayweather promotions not with golden Boy.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #1424
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
and Canelo fight will not hapen either trust me...

Alexander/Khan I can see that happening
Alexander and Khan, will happen eventually. Canelo has to happen within the next year that 14 year difference will only grow larger the older Floyd gets. Canelo looks to have a better shot than Manny at this point. The Manny fight can happen anytime, they are the same age.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #1425
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Alexander and Khan, will happen eventually. Canelo has to happen within the next year that 14 year difference will only grow larger the older Floyd gets. Canelo looks to have a better shot than Manny at this point. The Manny fight can happen anytime, they are the same age.

I know that's why the fight will never happen...
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: