Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #991
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri
Obviously he had great power, but he seemed one dimensional, I don't remember him beating anyone with a notable name.
He went into Vicente Mosquera's hometown and knocked him out when Mosquera was ranked the #3 best junior lightweight in the world behind Pacquiao and Barrera by Ring Magazine.

He went into Antonio DeMarco's hometown and stopped him despite suffering a brutal cut in the 2nd round. He won practically every round and outboxed the Mexican.

Valero blitzed Antonio Pitalua in two rounds when Pitalua was a top 5 ranked lightweight at the time by Ring Magazine. Pitalua had recently knocked out Santa Cruz after Santa Cruz was robbed against the lineal lightweight champ of the world.

Bottom line is that Valero was the real deal. He faced some solid competition and rarely lost a round. He would've been a star if he hadn't been badshit insane. And I do believe that he would've eventually defeated Pacquiao had his career continued.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 AM   #992
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XfgFopbiRg

Depends on my promoter.

Love this posts

The fight is gonna happen next year! - Bob Arum 2008

The fight is gonna happen next year! - Bob Arum 2009

The fight is gonna happen next year! - Bob Arum 2010

The fight is gonna happen next year! - Bob Arum 2011

The fight is gonna happen next year! - Bob Arum 2012
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #993
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One of the best counter punchers today. It sucks that Danny Garcia's dad is a douche bag.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #994
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sounds like Arum/Top Rank might not want a Donaire/Mares fight...

Quote:
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2JTw3nPRl
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Things have got very interesting in the last couple days in negotiations between Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank over a possible Nonito Donaire-Abner Mares fight. Golden Boy made both a verbal and written offer of 3 million dollars to Top Rank for the services of Nonito Donaire for a fight to take place no later than June 30, 2013. Rick Reeno has since posted a copy of the 13 page contract on BoxingScene: http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-v...evealed--61876

Top Rank and Donaire’s manager Cameron Dunkin have acknowledged receipt of Golden Boy’s contract but turned down the offer and will continue with a proposed April 13th fight with possible opponents WBA Super Bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux and Vic Darchinyan. Donaire also cited there were details in the contract he was not on board with.

Abner Mares was on the most recent edition of BoxingScene’s official radio show - The Boxing Lab - and shared his thoughts on the situation and Top Rank not accepting the offer his promotional company sent over. Mares felt if there were issues in the contract that Donaire and his team did not agree with, they should have submitted a counter-offer and tried to negotiate to reach an agreement.

"Nonito is complaining about the details on the contract and making excuses. Okay, Nonito could've easily counter offered in writing. It got me to the point of frustration and mad too and that was the only reason I was responding on Twitter because he is making it seem like we weren't doing anything. Like we were all bluff. And we weren't” said Mares.

“My promotional [company] said 'here's 3 mil' and Nonito said 'no, that's just bluff, put it on paper'. What did we do? We put it on paper. [Then they said] 'Oh, that's not a legitimate contract'. What did we do? We put it out there, 13 pages. And now what's his excuse? 'Oh, it’s not a good contract'. Well send your counter offer and we'll make it happen. But that only lets us know he's not trying to make the fight happen. I'm not saying he's scared of me, a lot of people are saying he's not scared of me. Of course he's not, he's a fighter but let's make that fight happen for the fans”.

Another underlying problem is that Donaire has already said he would be taking time off for the birth of his first baby with his wife Rachel Donaire and would not be boxing from June to August. Golden Boy’s contract stated they had up until June 30, 2013 to make the fight happen.

Mares said that would not be an issue as not only would he be ready to go April 13th when Donaire is looking to fight, he’s fighting in April regardless if Donaire accepts the fight or not.

“I've been working out. That's why when they said they didn't want to fight in June because of his baby, and congratulations to him and his family, and I understand, [but] April 13th is there. I'm willing to fight April 13th because I'm training. I'm staying active and I'm training. If this fight doesn't happen, I'm [also] fighting in April” Mares would tell The Boxing Lab.

Mares feels he and his promoter have done everything possible in order to try to make this fight a reality. Abner is open to revisiting the fight again later this year but feels things could get done now if Donaire and Top Rank send a counter-offer and reach a middle ground.

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 AM   #995
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
One of the best counter punchers today. It sucks that Danny Garcia's dad is a douche bag.

Almost broke Khan's neck lol. I think Khan whoops him in a rematch though...unless he gets "necked out" again haha.

In that gif, after he gets punched Khan is like, "After you, Mr. Garcia!"

Last edited by lefthook00 : 01-31-2013 at 01:49 AM.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 AM   #996
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
He went into Vicente Mosquera's hometown and knocked him out when Mosquera was ranked the #3 best junior lightweight in the world behind Pacquiao and Barrera by Ring Magazine.

He went into Antonio DeMarco's hometown and stopped him despite suffering a brutal cut in the 2nd round. He won practically every round and outboxed the Mexican.

Valero blitzed Antonio Pitalua in two rounds when Pitalua was a top 5 ranked lightweight at the time by Ring Magazine. Pitalua had recently knocked out Santa Cruz after Santa Cruz was robbed against the lineal lightweight champ of the world.

Bottom line is that Valero was the real deal. He faced some solid competition and rarely lost a round. He would've been a star if he hadn't been badshit insane. And I do believe that he would've eventually defeated Pacquiao had his career continued.

Valero was a true savage. Imagine him fighting Lucas, Danny Garcia, Gamboa, Broner, Guerrero, Khan, Peterson, Maidana, Rios, Bradley, Zab, etc.!!!!
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 AM   #997
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not sure if anyone cares but Mundine got his ass handed to him by Geale. Quite a big Australian fight. Mundine is really outspoken and hated here in Australia but to deny his boxing skill is ridiculous, which most people over here have due to the overwhelming hate. I guess that's what happens when you talk a lot. Now hes old and people can finally talk shit about him and his career.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 AM   #998
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Valero was a true savage. Imagine him fighting Lucas, Danny Garcia, Gamboa, Broner, Guerrero, Khan, Peterson, Maidana, Rios, Bradley, Zab, etc.!!!!

Boxing fans may not realize it, but his death was one of the biggest blows to boxing within the past decade. I would've favored him against all the fighters you just listed.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 AM   #999
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Not sure if anyone cares but Mundine got his ass handed to him by Geale. Quite a big Australian fight. Mundine is really outspoken and hated here in Australia but to deny his boxing skill is ridiculous, which most people over here have due to the overwhelming hate. I guess that's what happens when you talk a lot. Now hes old and people can finally talk shit about him and his career.

Hes a alright fighter Mundine but hes not amazingly skilled, im sorry anyone who losses to Garth Wood (via KO) a guy who has poor boxing even by kickboxing/MMA standards is really not an above average fighter. Mundine if he wanted to prove he was a good fighter would have gone to the USA and fought solid comp other than picking off bums here in Australia. Than saying hes the best boxer in the world and all this, he got famous through mainly propaganda and really hes a average/solid/entertaining fighter nothing more nothing less. What is amazing tho is how he went from being a elite Rugby player to a solid boxer I respect him for that.

Geale on the other hand has really been good since losing that fight to Mundine hes in prime form imo.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #1000
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Hes a alright fighter Mundine but hes not amazingly skilled, im sorry anyone who losses to Garth Wood (via KO) a guy who has poor boxing even by kickboxing/MMA standards is really not an above average fighter. Mundine if he wanted to prove he was a good fighter would have gone to the USA and fought solid comp other than picking off bums here in Australia. Than saying hes the best boxer in the world and all this, he got famous through mainly propaganda and really hes a average/solid/entertaining fighter nothing more nothing less. What is amazing tho is how he went from being a elite Rugby player to a solid boxer I respect him for that.

Geale on the other hand has really been good since losing that fight to Mundine hes in prime form imo.

Hes easily the best boxer we've had since Kostya, and that's quite a big deal I guess. He certainly isn't top notch, world class, but he is a great fighter in terms of what Australia has produced recently. He would be a middle of the pack fighter if he came over in his prime, which is solid.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #1001
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kimbo Slice is now fighting tomato cans trying to become a legit heavyweight contender.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...2870--box.html

I don't know if I should be impressed that he is still trying or sad that this seems to be the only way he can make money.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #1002
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Hes easily the best boxer we've had since Kostya, and that's quite a big deal I guess. He certainly isn't top notch, world class, but he is a great fighter in terms of what Australia has produced recently. He would be a middle of the pack fighter if he came over in his prime, which is solid.

100% agree with you, to be a middle of the pack fighter in a sport like boxing you still have to be a beast. I would like to see him and Green part II tho as both there last fights.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #1003
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

RIP Omar Henry (1987-2013)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...2182--box.html

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...1759 63527437

My condolences to his family, friends and fans.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #1004
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation here

''The negotiations for my fight are almost done. The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight.''

Floyd Mayweather posted that on his facebook and twitter. I dont really like this choice
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #1005
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
''The negotiations for my fight are almost done. The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight.''

Floyd Mayweather posted that on his facebook and twitter. I dont really like this choice

The IBF said that they won't approve of this fight because Devon still needs to fight Kell Brook. I rather see FMJ fight Robert Guerrero or Timothy Bradley.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: