Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-02-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

We have repeatedly stated in several of the event specific threads that we should make an all purpose boxing thread. I haven't seen one and I also haven't seen any discussion about Khan/Judah which is at least important enough to deserve mention relative to some of the other fights weve mentioned. Khan is imo one of several people competing for 3rd in the p4p rankings behind Pac and Martinez(I don't rank Floyd because I consider him retired until he at least schedules another fight but he would be in the top 2 if ranked) Zab isn't quite what he once was or could have been but he is still a talented veteran fighter with the skills to be dangerous to anyone. I see Khan taking this by UD in a pretty exciting fight. What does everyone else think? Also obviously any other boxing discussion is welcome.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

I really like the Amir vs Zab fight. Much better matchup than Amir vs Bradley. They had a nice little twitter beef going on in which I have to say that Amir won that round .

You know what, I might have to put BHop at the top of the p4p list. Although, I think these list are nothing more than mental *********ion for fans. Just give me good matchups anytime over these imaginary list.

Froch vs OG Johnson could be a nice little war. It's fight to watch this weekend. I'm going for Mr Johnson to win this one and the whole thing.

JCC Jr is also fighting in which should be his biggest test as he goes for his first major title. Interesting stat I read, JCC Sr. was 43-0 when he went for his first major title and JCC Jr is going in this fight with a record of 42-0-1.

Andre Berto also accused Ortiz of juicing in their fight and then back pedaled faster than MJ dancing on the moon. "He's juicing" seems to be the new excuses these days. Add that to the list that includes, "I was weighted drained. I over trained. I came into the fight with an injury."
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

about damn time a thread like this was made.

there is no reason for individual matches to get their own threads when we could stick everything here where it would be easy to find and reference.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm in agreement with you guys and am psyched about the Zab-Khan bout. I think it offers a REALLY interesting matchup. I like that Khan is stepping in against a bigger man (although the fight is at light welter) and against a heavy hitter.

Zab has real WELTERWEIGHT power... Let alone at 140.

His southpaw style may also be an issue for Khan.

There are a lot of unknowns in this fight.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I fully expect Zab to win. I have been on a roll picking fights lately, even picking Celestino Caballero to lose when his opponent, who turned out to be Jason Litzau, was still listed as TBD.

A topic I would like to discuss is HBO losing it's grip on the boxing world means for the industry.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wouldn't be at all surprised if zab beat khan. Very dangerous fight for him, so he gets props for stepping up, especially since he could've coasted after the bradley breakdown.

And hbo's vice grip is being loosened by cbs/showtime and there's been talk that the heads of hbo sports will be fired soon.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:59 AM   #7
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm excited for Khan vs. Zab. Khan's height/length might give Zab problems. Zab is still very very fast though, and can change everything with one punch.

I would love to see Bradley vs. Zab too.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:44 AM   #8
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
wouldn't be at all surprised if zab beat khan. Very dangerous fight for him, so he gets props for stepping up, especially since he could've coasted after the bradley breakdown.

And hbo's vice grip is being loosened by cbs/showtime and there's been talk that the heads of hbo sports will be fired soon.

I agree on this. It's nice to see a fighter not coasting and immediately going after a dangerous fight. Khan should get a lot of respect from fans for not taking an easier paycheck.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #9
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

zab, khan, bradley.. any fight involving 2 out of the three should be a good one. heck i'd even add maidana to the list. super middle, junior welter, & bantamweight is where the action is at these days
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chavez Jr = garbage, but we already knew that. He's a big boy though, weighed in at 180 in the ring and was facing a light hitting 165 lber, so he was just eating his punches like skittles.

Froch-Johnson was a war between 2 guys with steel in their face and chests. Froch's inside game looks a bit weak though, so he might have some trouble against Ward. Should be a great finale, glad that at least 2 of the original Super 6ers are fighting for the prize.

Kessler looked razor sharp in his return and had that over hand right added. Word is he wants Bute next, I'd go with Mikkel in that one.

Mikey Garcia is the most polished/complete young up-and-comer. Great all around skills, got some speed and pop, and shows nice ring intelligence. He'll be a problem for anyone in his division.

Possibly big news coming on the heels of a report that Mayweather turned down $65 million to fight Pacquiao in Singapore:

Pacquiao offered $65M to fight Alvarez in Mexico

MANILA—Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has offered $65 million to Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao to fight in Mexico next year with one of Mexico’s up-and-coming fighters.

This was revealed yesterday by Ilocos Sur Gov. Luis “Chavit” Singson, a long-time confidante of Pacquiao, who said that negotiations with Slim, the world’s wealthiest man, have already started and that Pacquiao was interested in the guaranteed money.

Singson’s report came after Top Rank’s Bob Arum revealed that American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. had turned down a $65 million offer from a Singaporean group to fight Pacquiao.

In a phone interview, Singson said that Slim had told him about his desire to host one of Pacquiao’s fights as a favor to his countrymen who have been looking to see Pacquiao fight on their soil.

The $65 million offer to Pacquiao was guaranteed by Slim, who would pick the Mexican opponent for the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer.

He said Slim is looking at WBC light middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez as likely opponent for Pacquiao.

The unbeaten Alvarez is just 21 and holds an awesome 36-0-1 record with 26 knockouts.

Since 1995, Pacquiao has figured in more than a dozen fights with Mexican or Mexican and Mexican-Americans such as Oscar De La Hoya, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez but he has never fought in Mexico.

He added that unlike Mayweather, Pacquiao would not turn down $65 million especially since he still has to find his match in the ring.
“I think Manny is still at his peak,” said Singson.

http://sports.inquirer.net/4365/mexi...ight-in-mexico

Last edited by DonDadda59 : 06-05-2011 at 02:21 PM.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why did Floyd Mayweather turned down the $65 Million dollar purse from Pacquiao?

Pacquiao vs. Alvarez is going to be a good fight. Alvarez loves to trade punches with his opponents, and this is going to be a very entertaining fight.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 06-05-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

One thing that concerns me about Floyd is his age. He 's certainly not getting any younger. Just how long can he maintain his speed and reflexes?

I know that he practically lives in the gym and stays in tremendous shape, but father time inevitably catches up with you.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #13
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I wouldn't exactly call JCC Jr, garbage. Hes getting better and he is only 25. Nothing close to his dad but he definitely has a knack of working the body running in his blood. It was an entertaining fight, better than expected. He's game. The kid comes to fight as he finished it strong. with that said, there was no way Zbik was going to win a close decision.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Why did Floyd Mayweather turned down the $65 Million dollar purse from Pacquiao?

Pacquiao vs. Alvarez is going to be a good fight. Alvarez loves to trade punches with his opponents, and this is going to be a very entertaining fight.

Honestly, I'm sure Bob Arum would turn down that offer as well. I mean, it's in Singapore. You have to think about how it'll transfer over to the PPV buy rates. If the fight starts at night over there, we're talking about a early morning showing in the States. This fight will happen, but only in America.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #15
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pac would absolutely MURDER Alvarez. Putting a slow 154 lber against one of the fastest offensive guys in the world? If Manny didnt want it to, that fight doesn't get out of the first round. Id be seriously concerned for Canelo's safety. I can't imagine Canelo taking that fight for less than 10 mil though and i cant see him getting that.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: