Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
MalikWadeCounty
PROPANE COWBOYS

MalikWadeCounty has decent reputationMalikWadeCounty has decent reputation
Default Bulls might not be 21 pts better, but...

they are 20 possessions better.

thats how many more looks they got at the basket off of offensive boards/turnovers in Game 1.

(not to do the DLB thing but...)

I dont give a f**k who we're playing, you can't like our chances against ANY team who gets 20 more chances at the hole than we do. (unless we plan on shooting 55% for the rest of the series)

We went small, hoping to combat Noah Deng and Boozer with speed, and it didn't work.
Our other defensive "bigs" (not named Joel Anthony) havent had significant minutes in the playoffs (or the season for that matter)

So where do ya'll go if ya'll Spo? Do u give the smaller guys like Miller and Haslem more minutes in hopes of getting any mid-range production & speed, or do you put Magloire, Dampier n em out there in hopes of decreasing their edge on the glass?
MalikWadeCounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation
Default Re: Bulls might not be 21 pts better, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikWadeCounty
they are 20 possessions better.

thats how many more looks they got at the basket off of offensive boards/turnovers in Game 1.

(not to do the DLB thing but...)

I dont give a f**k who we're playing, you can't like our chances against ANY team who gets 20 more chances at the hole than we do. (unless we plan on shooting 55% for the rest of the series)

We went small, hoping to combat Noah Deng and Boozer with speed, and it didn't work.
Our other defensive "bigs" (not named Joel Anthony) havent had significant minutes in the playoffs (or the season for that matter)

So where do ya'll go if ya'll Spo? Do u give the smaller guys like Miller and Haslem more minutes in hopes of getting any mid-range production & speed, or do you put Magloire, Dampier n em out there in hopes of decreasing their edge on the glass?
for a good post on ISH.

I was reading from a reporter on twitter that Spo is probably still going to stay small next game. Interesting.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

If he does stay small, it'll lead to him getting fired.

Consequently, going big hasn't helped much all season against the Bulls, that's why he went small.

Last edited by Glide2keva : 05-17-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
MalikWadeCounty
PROPANE COWBOYS

MalikWadeCounty has decent reputationMalikWadeCounty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
for a good post on ISH.

I was reading from a reporter on twitter that Spo is probably still going to stay small next game. Interesting.

I can see where he might do that, considering that Miller, Haslem, Bosh, LBJ and Wade were the "dream" lineup we've been waiting to put out there all year.

Obviously,
I can see Haslem giving them some trouble if he was actually healthy, but Miller's a bust and has been a bust for us all year. He's had a span of a few solid games where he was grabbing 6-7 boards for us, but other than that, dude's been flat, on both ends.
MalikWadeCounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

I'm waiting for Thibs to put out Rose, Deng, Gibson or Brewer, Noah and Asik out there.

For a good stretch of minutes that's a beast defensive unit.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: