Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Hulk Hogan is considered somewhat coolHulk Hogan is considered somewhat cool
Default The perfect refereed game of Bulls/Miami!

Game one was perfect, I have always said, Miami can't win a game if the refs are neutral and not wearing their uniform.

Quote:
CHICAGO – Danny Crawford, Michael Smith and Ken Mauer. Or if you prefer, Mauer, Smith and Crawford.

Here at the Hang Time hideout, we figure the names of referees who worked Game 1 of the Miami Heat-Chicago Bulls series at United Center are worth repeating once, twice or even thrice. They’ve got a few mentions coming because of how seldom their names came up during the game and broadcasts Sunday night.

Too often, hotly contested playoff games – especially at the level of conference championships and beyond – thrust the officials front and center in ways that the league and NBA fans generally abhor. But it happens, again and again, year after year:

First off, Crawford, Smith and Mauer went to their whistles less often than a typical NBA playoff game requires. There were 28 fouls called in the game – 15 against Miami, 13 against Chicago – compared to a league average in 2010-11 of 41.43. Prior to Game 1, Chicago had averaged 20.2 fouls per game in the postseason, with Miami at 17.6. And they were on the low end – 13th and 16th, respectively – among the 16 playoffs teams (Oklahoma City, by comparison, is the hackingest this spring at 25.3 fpg).

No Bulls or Heat player got called for more than three fouls. There were no technicals (beyond a single defensive three-second call). Nobody got superstar treatment or shot more than six free throws. Afterward, both from the winners and losers, there was no discernible griping about how the game was called. Neither Heat coach Erik Spoelstra nor Chicago’s Tom Thibodeau tried to plant seeds in the media in hopes of swaying or softening whatever trio shows up for Game 2 Wednesday.

From the outside looking in, the toughest situations faced by Crawford, Smith and Mauer Sunday were the clear-path review when Miami’s James Jones fouled Ronnie Brewer after a Heat turnover in the fourth quarter, and a botched substitution when Joel Anthony tried to enter during live play.

Otherwise, it was clean and uneventful, with the refs essentially ignored the way they and the NBA would prefer (except for the sporting moment when Dwyane Wade boosted Smith back to his feet after player and ref got tangled up). It all made for a crisply played game – just 2 hours 22 minutes, brisk by postseason standards.

Crawford, Smith and Mauer. Here at HTB, we’re willing to showcase the officiating crew after every remaining playoff game if we can get sharp, unobtrusive work like that. It beats dwelling on them in game coverage or advances for less savory reasons.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/0...s=iref:nbahpt1
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation
Default Re: The perfect refereed game of Bulls/Miami!

so it wans't those offensive rebounds the bulls got that got them that big lead and 31 second chance points.

But it was because the refs were neutral

hulk you are outdoing yourself really. Retards like you should be gassed
Andrei89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

did it take 6 hours to finish?
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
so it wans't those offensive rebounds the bulls got that got them that big lead and 31 second chance points.

But it was them refs

lol wut? ...Gosh you are an idiot!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

If the refs reffed the Philly series fair, the Sixers win that series in 6
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rkrage
did it take 6 hours to finish?

Nope. Would have if they called it like the boston series.

Wade averaged 13 freethrows in that series.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
DRose.IS.da.MAN
Local High School Star

DRose.IS.da.MAN has an OK reputation so far

Heat can't win without the Refs, I wont be surprised if the refs give them every call next game.
DRose.IS.da.MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
Mike Tyson
Banned

Mike Tyson has an OK reputation so far

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif[/IMG[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif [/IMG][IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif[/IMG]
Mike Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:

But it was because the refs were neutral

The point is flying way over your head. He's saying the Bulls won on the strength of their basketball ability. The refs literally helped nobody.

You need to think about gassing yourself my friend.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Aside from the missed technical, Boozer's buzzer beater, and LeBron's travel...

Seriously though, it was a very well officiated game. I can't believe how good we've gotten at defending without fouling. We were atrocious at that at the beginning of the season. Korver, Taj, and Asik would commit 5-6 silly fouls a game.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
dillondavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
The point is flying way over your head. He's saying the Bulls won on the strength of their basketball ability. The refs literally helped nobody.

You need to think about gassing yourself my friend.

This

: typical Miami bandwagoner (not a shot at true heat fans) always fail to see the point
Old 05-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
dillondavis

Quote:
so it wans't those offensive rebounds the bulls got that got them that big lead and 31 second chance points

But because the refs were neutral

That's his whole point refs were neutral and Miami got out played.

What point did u fail to see. Team to team Miami got b!tched
Old 05-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

lol thats because there is Derrick Rose on the Bulls, so the refs pretty much even out. XD
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: