Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default How about Andrew Bynum for Marc Gasol?

We know Memphis and LA love to make deals. I think both teams get better. Bynum would be a nice defensive compliment next to Randolph, and I think Marc playing with his brother Pau could reinvigerate the Lakers squad. They would have to work a sign and trade, but I'm sure Marc would love to play in LA with his brother, and Bynum would also be playing for a legitimate playoff team.

Plus, how cool would it be to have both Gasol's manning the frontline of the same team?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
Laker19
I hit open layups

Laker19 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How about Andrew Bynum for Marc Gasol?

No
Bynum is a better defender, shot blocker, rebounder, better offensively

we don't need to be reinvigorated, a few tweaks can do the trick. A healthy Bynum coming into the season will be huge.
Laker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

Memphis wont do it.

Bynum might be more effective than Gasol if you compare both players at their best, but its not that great of a difference and Gasol is way more consistent and reliable than Bynum.
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:53 AM   #4
knightfall88
Local High School Star

knightfall88 has an OK reputation so far

the only thing LA is touching is the starting PG, SF and the bench.
knightfall88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 AM   #5
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfall88
the only thing LA is touching is the starting PG, SF and the bench.

You could just say Kobe, Pau, and Bynum are untouchable.

Though I personally believe Kobe, Pau, and Odom are untouchable, and that Bynum could go because of his recent attitude.

If the trade is right of course.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #6
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Several things.

Gasol brothers don't play particularly well together.

Bynum has a higher ceiling, and when he has stayed healthy has proved to be a beast. But in fact, Bynum has been unable to stay healthy regularly. Therefore I have serious doubts that Memphis was willing to make that trade. Also the current Bynum is not much better than Gasol, and I think Marc would be a better second / third option for his personality and lack of ego. And Memphis has signed a major contract to Z-Bo.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #7
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL

Where's the proof in that? They don't play at the same time on the Olympic squad, but keep in mind that coach also benched Rudy Fernandez when was absolutely killing Team USA three years ago.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:22 AM   #8
24r2
High School Varsity 6th Man

24r2 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i want gasol for gasol
24r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Where's the proof in that? They don't play at the same time on the Olympic squad, but keep in mind that coach also benched Rudy Fernandez when was absolutely killing Team USA three years ago.
If you followed the Spanish national team would know.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #10
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If you followed the Spanish national team would know.

I like how you disregarded my entire post.

Yes, I've watched the Spanish national team. They tend to play one or the other, probably due to depth. But that doesn't indicate anything, as Spain's head coach has made a lot of questionable decisions over the years.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 AM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Neither do Bynum and Gasol.

But thanks for the input. The responses in this thread actually strengthen my resolve that this trade could get done... because we have people claiming that neither side would take it.

What it's going to come down to is what Marc Gasol wants to do. If he doesn't want to stay in Memphis, then the Grizz would be retarded not to S&T him for something. I'm not sure the Lakers want to move Bynum, but it's obvious they need to do something... and moving Kobe or Gasol isn't going to happen IMO. Lamar is the glue guy, and nobody wants Artest.

Really, I just think it would be cool to have brothers starting together on an NBA team.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #12
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I like how you disregarded my entire post.

Yes, I've watched the Spanish national team. They tend to play one or the other, probably due to depth. But that doesn't indicate anything, as Spain's head coach has made a lot of questionable decisions over the years.
I have read everything you wrote, but simply say that if you had seen all the games you would know that when they play together the team does not play well.

The Spanish national team has been coached really well in recent years. Their success is demonstrated. What are the questionable decisions to which you refer?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #13
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Really, I just think it would be cool to have brothers starting together on an NBA team.
In this case, Marc has fought hard to stop being the shadow of Pau. And do not think it was positive for both. It is poetic but pretty impractical.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:02 AM   #14
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

No because Pau's game is so similar to marc's. Dont see the point
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #15
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is considered somewhat coolHaymaker is considered somewhat coolHaymaker is considered somewhat cool

Bynum is a risk, no matter how good he is. Those knees can give out on him anytime.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: