Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
game3524
Local High School Star

game3524 has no real reputation yet.
Default Iverson's best season?

Some would say his 2001 MVP year, but I would say he was a far better player in 2004-2005 and 2005-2006.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #2
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Iverson's best season?

The 2005-2006 season had to be his most entertaining season. It just so happens that he was playing at the same time when Kobe was dropping 35.4 ppg, LeBron was scoring 31+, & Gilbert Arenas was still relevant.
Watching Iverson throw alley oop passes to a young Iguodala was incredible, and the ESPN highlight reels always had a new one to make me drop my jaw every other game!

I miss AI. A lot of people think of him as a ballhog/ball chucker, but the guy was an incredible basketball player. One of the best scorers to ever do it, imo.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree. 05-6 was his most productive season.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
game3524
Local High School Star

game3524 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
The 2005-2006 season had to be his most entertaining season. It just so happens that he was playing at the same time when Kobe was dropping 35.4 ppg, LeBron was scoring 31+, & Gilbert Arenas was still relevant.
Watching Iverson throw alley oop passes to a young Iguodala was incredible, and the ESPN highlight reels always had a new one to make me drop my jaw every other game!

I miss AI. A lot of people think of him as a ballhog/ball chucker, but the guy was an incredible basketball player. One of the best scorers to ever do it, imo.

Yeah, Kobe really over shadowed him, but 33 and 7 is pretty damn impressive.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

LOL @ people basing it exclusively off stats. His best season was 2001, when he was MVP.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Easily 2001. Though, for what it's worth, Iverson said he thought 2005 was his best and he was getting some MVP talk again that season.

I'd probably rank his seasons something like this.

ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

I dunno... I said 01 the other day but after reviewing the numbers 05 definitely looks like a better season for Allen. He shot 45 percent from the field which is very good by prime Iverson standards. In the Iverson vs Wade topic I should of referenced 05 Iverson instead of 01.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

01 little ****er was impossible to stay in front of.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Allen Iverson used to shoot 39% to win the scoring title...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #10
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Don't act like just anyone can do that ... I mean seriously.

It takes a skill to be able to get that many looks in a game and be an entire team's only scoring weapon.

Ask Trevor Ariza last year. That remedial logic of anyone being able to shoot their way to a scoring title is retarded. Ariza couldn't even do it half a season last year before he spazzed out on the court.

He was dropping 26 ppg on the Nuggets on 47%

Last edited by Samurai Swoosh : 05-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
kidd used to shoot 39% to average 15points stop hating
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
kidd used to shoot 39% to average 15points stop hating

But Kidd is never regarded by the title of 'Best Scorer' by anybody, hes a playmaker. Why dont you make fun of Shaq's 3PT percentage then? I am sure thats a lot worse.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

G.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Start the debate...

...End the debate
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #14
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
But Kidd is never regarded by the title of 'Best Scorer' by anybody, hes a playmaker. Why dont you make fun of Shaq's 3PT percentage then? I am sure thats a lot worse.
i wanted to show you that it is very hard to score a lot of points especially when you are a 6-0 sg and please tell who was a better scorer than a.i in 2001
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
i wanted to show you that it is very hard to score a lot of points especially when you are a 6-0 sg and please tell who was a better scorer than a.i in 2001
He's not even 6'0 ... dude is my height. 5'11, exactly.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: