Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #106
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cavaliers eyeing Rudy Gay

Cavaliers eyeing Rudy Gay

Rudy Gay eyeing suicide
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #107
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac
Exactly, everyone speculating on here has no idea how much Memphis loves Rudy Gay and the fact that the Front Office definitely does. He is the franchise player and he is not going anywhere because like you are saying, if he was able to play this year in the playoffs then who knows how far we would have gotten.

Its rumors. Its Cleveland saying they would be interested in Rudy Gay if Memphis decided in the offseason to go a different direction with the team that was 1 win away from the WCF. No one said anything about Memphis coming out and saying "Rudy Gay will be traded". Its no different than any rumor. Chris Kaman, Andre Iguodala to name a couple. Has either franchise come out and said "We're in discussion with other teams"? Its people speculating that the likely players to be moved if moves were made by these teams are x,y,z.

Relax, no one has said Cleveland WILL get Gay.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #108
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Cavaliers eyeing Rudy Gay

Rudy Gay eyeing suicide
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #109
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Thats the thing. Iggy isnt built that way where he wants to be the man. He enjoys the role of the facilitator who makes the pass as opposed to being the main scorer. He's not comfortable in that role where he gives you 20 a night. He's a third option at best. Never will be a #1 scorer nor is he a good complimentary scorer. He rather do other things than be this teams top scorer. He's not much of a 3pt shooter, his midrange game is ugly and he doesnt attack the basket like he should because 1. He's a pansy 2. His handles are 3. He looks to pass more when driving than trying to get to the charity stripe. He gets his buckets in on the fast break in transition. The guy doesnt even go back door ally oop style anymore. He's virtually a finess player in my eyes. Wears lipstick and high heels.

The idea of what Iggy should be in your eyes has not only crossed mine (seasons ago) but Ed Stefanski as well. But he's just not that kind of player. I mean he's in the prime of his career right now thats why I dont see him on a downside. But he's at his ceiling as a player.

I would rather Jrue Holiday be the man of this team. I would like Iggy moved for something helpful. Iggy jumper has always been terrible. I dont see much improvement from Iggy 3 seasons ago til now. He's leveled off so to speak.

He never embraced the role of being the man. Rather be one of the guys. He'd rather pass it to an open Scalabrine instead of attacking the rim. A play that kinda reveals Iggy is in the Heat series. Fast break, 2 on 1 and Iggy had the lead on the other 2 players (1 heat 1 sixer). He could have flushed it for a dunk but instead left his feet as if he was to pass the ball. Guess who recieved the pass? Jrue Holiday.

Thats Iggy. Nothing will change.

Watching him a few seasons ago draining game winners and dropping 20 a night with ease made you AND me go Wow! And then...he just kinda stopped. Didn't want to score anymore, didn't want the ball in crunch-time. Offense slowly gets worse, jumper slowly starts to deteriorate. And here we are now looking at what you're gonna get until he retires. What a shame. Seriously.

I'll never understand that kid.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #110
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Grizzlies owner has paid Gay, Z-Bo and Conley. HeŽll pay Gasol and have a championship roster in a small market. He clearly stated that Gay stays.

If you spend money to the point that you might lose some over the next 2-3 seasons, you at least want your team to have a legit chance at a championship. Why would they trade away a crucial player to be an expensive 2nd round exit? Dallas is getting old, San Antonio is getting old, Lakers are getting old. The West is changing. OKC and Memphis are in the best positions with deep and young rosters. They will let Mayo walk or do a sign and trade. I would be absolutely shocked if any other player wasnŽt back next season.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #111
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Hulk Hogan is considered somewhat coolHulk Hogan is considered somewhat cool

They can actually pull this off now.
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: