Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #16
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Cavaliers eyeing Rudy Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i thought you left ISH?
June 10. Im out this bitch Salute me or shoot me
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #17
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
Looks good. But where's Baron Davis?
You sure Irving gonna get nod over him that soon?

this is serious question... has a number 1/2 pick ever not started in his rookie season? not including injury?
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #18
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Would be a decent piece to build a future around.. Rudy would average 30 a game for the 1st season or 2 though
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #19
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
this is serious question... has a number 1/2 pick ever not started in his rookie season? not including injury?

This season actually, if I remember correctly.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #20
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Hulk Hogan is considered somewhat coolHulk Hogan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
Would be a decent piece to build a future around.. Rudy would average 30 a game for the 1st season or 2 though

I will surely start watching every cleveland game for he goes off like that..
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #21
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

I would hope the Clippers counter with something else if it's true he's available. I would be willing to go as high as Minny's unprotected 1st for next year, and then move Kaman somewhere for good role players.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #22
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
Looks good. But where's Baron Davis?
You sure Irving gonna get nod over him that soon?
I'm pretty sure Irving would start... Yeah.

There would also be a bit of a logjam at PG if we are able to get Irving... We would have Irving, Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions. Ramon showed some really nice flashes this past season.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #23
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm pretty sure Irving would start... Yeah.

There would also be a bit of a logjam at PG if we are able to get Irving... We would have Irving, Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions. Ramon showed some really nice flashes this past season.

I'm not sold on Ramon and his lack of consistency. He can create his own shot and slash to the basket with the best of them, but I wouldn't mind at all if we could package and get something in return for him.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #24
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
This season actually, if I remember correctly.

oh yah haha turner.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
I'm not sold on Ramon and his lack of consistency. He can create his own shot and slash to the basket with the best of them, but I wouldn't mind at all if we could package and get something in return for him.
If we get Irving, I'm with you on that. However, I do think Ramon could serve as a really nice piece off of the bench. He could be our new Delonte West... Utility player who can provide a spark.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #26
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

cavs have nothing better to fall on, so do it
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:38 AM   #27
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

If I'm Memphis, I demand the 1st pick if they get it. They need Derrick Williams as a replacement.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Here is another link on the rumor....

Quote:
Trade talk

There isn't much brewing with the Cavs' trade exception, mainly because no one knows where anyone is drafting yet. Any sort of trade talk will heat up again closer to the June 23 draft.

The acquisition of Davis and the Clippers' lottery pick has taken some of the pressure off management to use the $14.5 million trade exception acquired in the LeBron James deal last summer with the Miami Heat. The Cavs know it would've been a public relations disaster and they would've been sharply criticized by fans had they let the exception expire and not made any moves to improve this team.

They correctly view the trade that brought the Clippers' pick as a move equivalent to using the trade exception.

There is belief around the league that injured Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay could be had in the right deal. Gay, 25, has about $68 million left on his contract for the next four years. The Grizzlies have already given Zach Randolph a monster $71 million extension this spring and Marc Gasol's expiring contract is up next.

Do the Grizzlies have enough money for Randolph, Gasol, Mike Conley's five-year, $45 million extension that begins next season and Gay, too? Perhaps, but they played awfully well during the postseason without him.

Gay averaged 19.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in a season that ended in mid-February to a shoulder injury. He is one of the league's most explosive scorers and just entering the prime of his career, so he won't come cheap.

Since the new NBA season doesn't officially begin until July 1, players' 2010-11 salaries apply until then. That means the $13.6 million Gay earned this season fits under the Cavs' trade exception, but he would command much more than simply the trade exception. The Grizzles would likely want quality assets in return.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/1218...dium=t witter
Old 05-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #29
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
If I'm Memphis, I demand the 1st pick if they get it. They need Derrick Williams as a replacement.
Pretty sure that the Cavs would not do it. From what I'm hearing the organization is incredibly high on Kyrie Irving.

The problem for Memphis is that there is a belief that they are not going to be able to pay all of their big-name guys and they don't want to put themselves in a situation where, when Gasol's contract is up, their payroll is too high to offer him market value and then some.

In that case, a trade exception and a Top 10 draft pick for a guy that they made a great playoff run without looks pretty appealing.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #30
bisk

It's falling nicely into place, though, isn't it.
Z-Bo's getting paid, Conley's extention, Gasol expiring next season....
And to top it all off, Grizzlies played so well this post-season. He's ours.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: