Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #31
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Any other Bulls fans feeling uncomfortable with the game 1 overreation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
There are always example which don't pan out but facts remain Miami have the best two players in this series and 3 of the 4 best overall. Bulls are deeper and bigger but in the end talent should win out. As long as Miami compete on the boards which is all they need to do they will be fine.

All we need to do is take game 2 and we take control of the series.
What happened to all that talent in game one?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #32
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

King Lebron LBJ has decent reputationKing Lebron LBJ has decent reputation
Default Re: Any other Bulls fans feeling uncomfortable with the game 1 overreation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
this is not 3on3 basketball. you need 5 players on the court and you need a decent bench because starters need to rest too you know.

Im not expecting another 20point win. Wade and lebron will probably get their points but imo, Joel Anthony or some big(haslem/Z) has to step up and get something like 15rebounds in order for them to win. Miami will have a hard time winning if chicago gets +15 to 20 attempts

Bench depth isn't as important in the playoffs. Facts remain Lebron/Wade just need to play better and we need to rebound the ball better. the 3rd quarter is what lost us the game just like the Boston game 3.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #33
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
What happened to all that talent in game one?

Bulls simply played alot better. Lebron/Wade played like crap thats the difference. They need to play to their normal standard.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #34
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverreactionGuy
BEST team in the HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE BABY!!!! HEAT GOTS NO CHANCE!!!!
No one finds your lame bit funny.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #35
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Bulls simply played alot better. Lebron/Wade played like crap thats the difference. They need to play to their normal standard.
They played like crap because of the Bulls team defense.

We've beaten the Heat four times in a row.

If you don't think we have a chance to win you are either stupid or blind.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #36
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
They played like crap because of the Bulls team defense.

We've beaten the Heat four times in a row.

If you don't think we have a chance to win you are either stupid or blind.

Bulls defense was great yes but that great defense didn't make lebron or Wade miss simple lay-ups. they just need to play better period.

Where did I say you don't have a great chance to win? Bulls are a great team and if they win game 2 will be heavy favourites to win. I just have faith that my team can win game 2 and take control of the series.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #37
unknowns8
Serious playground baller

unknowns8 has an OK reputation so far

a bit like poking a sleeping bear with a stick... d.wade played quite poorly in game 1, he's gonna be ready to bite back in game 2

is there much love for wade from bulls fans with him being born/bred there? Does he get emphatically boo'ed like the other miami stars? just curious, tis all
unknowns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #38
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose.IS.da.MAN
Hell no, I'm not worried. I've been saying Miami, wade and LeBron, have been overrated the whole season.
Actually thats why you should be worried, you just can never underestimate a team with LBJ,Wade and Bosh.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #39
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Bulls defense was great yes but that great defense didn't make lebron or Wade miss simple lay-ups. they just need to play better period.

Where did I say you don't have a great chance to win? Bulls are a great team and if they win game 2 will be heavy favourites to win. I just have faith that my team can win game 2 and take control of the series.
They just didn't have off games they let our boys stay in front of them and block their shots.

Lebron didn't miss ten layups....Wade didn't just let Noah block the shit out of him.

We beat that ass.

A couple missed layups doesn't change the fact that you guys couldn't stop us on offense either.

Your defense isn't good, your players are working off their names, not working their assessing off, and the HEAT are in trouble right not.

Your euphemisms are quite obvious....if the Bulls lost this game by 20 you would write them off.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #40
game385
Great young streetballer

game385 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
There are always example which don't pan out but facts remain Miami have the best two players in this series and 3 of the 4 best overall. Bulls are deeper and bigger but in the end talent should win out. As long as Miami compete on the boards which is all they need to do they will be fine.

All we need to do is take game 2 and we take control of the series.

Well, I'd actually say that size and match-ups are more consistent determinants of who wins a series. It just so happens that in the past more often than not, the better big(s) also happened to be the best overall talent. Shaq, Duncan, Olajuwon, Jabar, Russell, etc...

There're exceptions to every rule but for the most part, Jordan and Pippen are the only “best talent” combo that I can think of that won despite not having the best talent in the post. But even they needed their Bill Cartwrights, Horace Grants, and Dennis Rodmans. Remember the Bulls couldn’t beat Detroit until they landed a reliable C (the Charles Oakley for Bill Cartwright trade) and a PF to bang down low and grab some rebounds, which they got in Grant.

Guys to do the dirty work so that they Jordan and Pippen could focus on scoring and shutting down the other teams perimeter players. Miami is very top heavy with talent but they may not have all the pieces around Wade and James to get the job done (at least I hope they don’t). Can’t wait til game 2.

Last edited by game385 : 05-17-2011 at 12:47 PM.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #41
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Quote:

Thing is, Thibs/Bulls D takes you out of your comfort zone. It is really designed to stop iso plays. The most effective way to beat it is thru outstanding 3pt shooting and/or rebounding. That's why chicago had a hard time vs knicks toronto etc

Thats why I think James Jones and Joel Anthony are the key guys for Miami. 2 and 1/2 men will be there but some guard has to step up and shoot some 3's and some big needs to control the board.

If miami focuses on gang rebounding, it will have an effect on their fastbreak game (leaking) and transition D. Lets see how both teams adjust in game 2
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #42
unknowns8
Serious playground baller

unknowns8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig

If miami focuses on gang rebounding, it will have an effect on their fastbreak game (leaking) and transition D. Lets see how both teams adjust in game 2

so miami starts with Z and concentrates on getting wade going inthe slower half court game?
unknowns8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #43
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

No I'm not worried. The Bulls are more fundamentally sound then the Heat and have a much better defensive strategy. The Bulls play defense that thrives off of 2 ISO players that don't trust their team mates and the Bulls thrive off of an idiotic coach who wants to "go small" against the best rebounding team in the NBA. Even if he makes Dampier or Z active it still won't do much considering they killed them on the boards in the regular season as well.

Although I do think the Heat can win if the Hollywood trio can learn the team defense and know how to make the right passes once they are doubled.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #44
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

This is a poor excuse. The Bulls defense is aimed at making Wade and LeBron playing exactly like they did. Funnel them into the paint and double them/forcing them into bad shots. What happens after that? They continue trying to ISO their way into victory because that's all they know.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #45
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

This serious will come down to can Erik Spoelstra not get completely outclassed by Tom Thibodeau.

I've long said Spoelstra is not a good head coach (yet?) and I stand by that, so I don't expect him to outcoach Thibodeau. However, Spoelstra and his staff need to step up and not put the Heat at a strategic disadvantage.

The Bulls for all their effort and chemistry are NOT some indefensible monster. They can be beat the same way the Magic of the Tracy McGrady days or the pre-Triangle Chicago Bulls used to get beat. Switch defensive strategies on the fly. Go from shutting down the star and making others beat you in one game to letting the star go off and shutting down everyone else another to being super physical and making EVERYONE work for theirs.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: