Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 02:11 AM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Any other Bulls fans feeling uncomfortable with the game 1 overreation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure Miami will come with a better effort, but the personnel to rebound with us, just isn't there. We have such an advantage on the inside against them it's almost hilarious.

Miami fans can say their team will rebound better, which could be the case, but it's going to take so much of a team effort against us that it is going to jeopardize Miami's biggest strength, which is getting in the open court and getting easy fastbreak points with LeBron and Wade.

So go ahead Miami, have 5 guys go to the defensive glass to keep our bigs off the glass. I'll gladly take our half court defense against LeBron and Wade iso'ing us all day long. Miami is going to have to have their shooters (Jones, Miller, Chalmers, Bibby) step up and knock down shots, but will Wade and LeBron actually trust them to take more shots and move the ball?

It's just 1 win, and we need 3 more to advance, but we won because we played to our strengths and exposed their weaknesses. I don't see that changing.

A lot of fans and so called analysts put so much emphasis on Bulls' advantage on rebounding and defense. While these points are valid, lets not forget other key stats that went to the Bulls favor. Rose and his teammates made their 3 pointers and they barely committed any turnovers in the pivotal 2nd half which limited the Heat to attack and run.
As a Bulls fan, Im hoping that that they will find away to limit Bosh' production, limit the FT attempts of Wade etc. I don't expect Rose to hit those 3 pointers consistently but I am also hopefull he will commit less stupid turnovers.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #17
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Default Re: Any other Bulls fans feeling uncomfortable with the game 1 overreation?

Despite game one, I still feel like Miami holds the edge, as they've got 3 of the 4 best players in the series. Chicago can win game 2, but either Deng, Boozer, Gibson, or someone else is going to have to step up.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #18
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose.IS.da.MAN
Hell no, I'm not worried. I've been saying Miami, wade and LeBron, have been overrated the whole season.

Oh I know U have and I cant wait til they shut U up !
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:38 AM   #19
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueRob
How are the Heat favorites? The Bulls have a better record, HCA and they went 3-0 against the Heat during the regular season.

Because they are more talented and teams with top level talent always win.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #20
Harion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho
I think it was Harion who replied to my prediction saying that the heat's allstars will eliminate any gameplan that coach thibs has because of their individual skill... What an imbecile
i don't remember having ever said that. and you're the imbecile for celebrating just one game. i can't wait till all you haters are shut up for good.
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #21
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ

(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #22
Trigg
I airball my layups

I think the next game is vitally important for the Heat. Game 1 wasn't a great game for the Heat, they just didn't turn up in the second half and after watching it last night it looked like they may have give up and accepted defeat. They were a lot of desperation shots and they need to get a way to get more easy shots, something they did in the first half and got their just rewards but failed to do in the second.

Bulls are always going to be a force on the glass. However, I don't think they'll get the amount of second chance points every game. I think they managed five 3 pointers from offensive rebounds which is just extraordinary, but also shows how poor the Heat actually were from a Heat point of view.

In Game 2 I fully expect the Heat to come back fighting. If they do, (which they should, similar to the big loss against Boston) then the Bulls will be in for a tough game and may just have a game on their hands. Does that mean Bulls won't win? No, it doesn't but I'll be surprised if it's as easy as it was for them in Game 1.

I'll go out on a limb here but I predict a Heat win to turn the series on it's head.

Either which way, it's going to be a fantastic game to watch. Whichever way the result goes.
Trigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #23
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

your a true bulls fan...syk.. if you were then you would know by watching the whole season that we have better players then they do and we play better team ball. Game over series in 5.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #24
kkling

The Heat can pretty much lose any series because their bench score the fewest points out of any team in the league. So if 2 or 3 of the big 3 have an off night, the Heat will lose.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #25
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

Quote:
But they AREN'T more talented. LBJ is the best player in the series. Rose IS playing as good as Wade this postseason, Bosh isn't that great.. And the rest of the player comparisons favor the Bulls HEAVILY.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #26
OverreactionGuy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BEST team in the HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE BABY!!!! HEAT GOTS NO CHANCE!!!!
OverreactionGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #27
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

Quote:

Said the '03 Lakers to the Pistons.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #28
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3lademaster
Said the '03 Lakers to the Pistons.

There are always example which don't pan out but facts remain Miami have the best two players in this series and 3 of the 4 best overall. Bulls are deeper and bigger but in the end talent should win out. As long as Miami compete on the boards which is all they need to do they will be fine.

All we need to do is take game 2 and we take control of the series.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #29
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Lmao man you are in denial.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #30
trig
Decent college freshman

Quote:
There are always example which don't pan out but facts remain Miami have the best two players in this series and 3 of the 4 best overall. Bulls are deeper and bigger but in the end talent should win out. As long as Miami compete on the boards which is all they need to do they will be fine.

All we need to do is take game 2 and we take control of the series.

this is not 3on3 basketball. you need 5 players on the court and you need a decent bench because starters need to rest too you know.

Im not expecting another 20point win. Wade and lebron will probably get their points but imo, Joel Anthony or some big(haslem/Z) has to step up and get something like 15rebounds in order for them to win. Miami will have a hard time winning if chicago gets +15 to 20 attempts
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: