Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
game385
Great young streetballer

game385 has an OK reputation so far
Default Any other Bulls fans feeling uncomfortable with the game 1 overreation?

Honestly, I never put much weight into what the so called "experts" on ESPN say anyway, but today many of them seemed to all but bail on the Heat bandwagon. Which most of them appeared to be readily attached to as recent as Friday.

I don't know about you, but I prefer the Bulls be underdogs and Heat fans overconfident.

I think it's a pretty sure bet that Miami is going to come out with a better effort in game 2, but hopefully the Bulls can withstand their best show and go up 2-0.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation
Default Re: Any other Bulls fans feeling uncomfortable with the game 1 overreation?

Not really. Only the fans are overreacting. The Bulls team never does. They all follow Rose and Thibs mentality of "The next game is what matters right now."

So, no. And another reason.. The way the Bulls won is why I'm not worried. We weren't getting every foul call, we weren't getting stupidly lucky on every shot. We were winning with fundamentals and the strengths that we've always won with. Hustle, hitting the glass, and playing suffocating defense. We've beaten Miami 4 straight times because we outplay them in those three integral categories. That isn't a thing Miami can just FIX overnight. They can't suddenly be better at rebounding. They have a talent issue and gameplanning won't change much.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
hkfosho
National High School Star

hkfosho has not been impressing people
Default Re: Any other Bulls fans feeling uncomfortable with the game 1 overreation?

Ive actually stated many times prior to the game that thibs will establish a masterful gameplan to beat the heat... And I was right, go figure. The bulls are one dedicated mothafvckas... They look at film after the game to pinpoint mistakes, strategies, and ways of improving their overall game. I know every team does this but for some reason the bulls seem like they actually implement their gameplan with flawlessness. Derrick stresses many times during interviews that coach thibs always has a scheme set up for them... and it has clearly shown in game 1.

I think it was Harion who replied to my prediction saying that the heat's allstars will eliminate any gameplan that coach thibs has because of their individual skill... What an imbecile
hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
DRose.IS.da.MAN
Local High School Star

DRose.IS.da.MAN has an OK reputation so far

Hell no, I'm not worried. I've been saying Miami, wade and LeBron, have been overrated the whole season.
DRose.IS.da.MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

game is a good poster but to the 3 next posters that replied, I got a ques

how many of you would show up if the bulls lost game 2?? hfoshko would vanish just like heat007
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
acbay91
Can barely lace up my sneakers

acbay91 has an OK reputation so far

at people who think miami is still losing. i guess having the 2 best players in the universe doesnt count for much these days.
acbay91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation hereMr. Jabbar has an incredible reputation here

Y worry? Theyre kicking the queer trios butts
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
Not really. Only the fans are overreacting. The Bulls team never does. They all follow Rose and Thibs mentality of "The next game is what matters right now."

So, no. And another reason.. The way the Bulls won is why I'm not worried. We weren't getting every foul call, we weren't getting stupidly lucky on every shot. We were winning with fundamentals and the strengths that we've always won with. Hustle, hitting the glass, and playing suffocating defense. We've beaten Miami 4 straight times because we outplay them in those three integral categories. That isn't a thing Miami can just FIX overnight. They can't suddenly be better at rebounding. They have a talent issue and gameplanning won't change much.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure Miami will come with a better effort, but the personnel to rebound with us, just isn't there. We have such an advantage on the inside against them it's almost hilarious.

Miami fans can say their team will rebound better, which could be the case, but it's going to take so much of a team effort against us that it is going to jeopardize Miami's biggest strength, which is getting in the open court and getting easy fastbreak points with LeBron and Wade.

So go ahead Miami, have 5 guys go to the defensive glass to keep our bigs off the glass. I'll gladly take our half court defense against LeBron and Wade iso'ing us all day long. Miami is going to have to have their shooters (Jones, Miller, Chalmers, Bibby) step up and knock down shots, but will Wade and LeBron actually trust them to take more shots and move the ball?

It's just 1 win, and we need 3 more to advance, but we won because we played to our strengths and exposed their weaknesses. I don't see that changing.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #9
hkfosho

hkfosho has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

how many of you would show up if the bulls lost game 2?? hfoshko would vanish just like heat007

Vanish? Ive stuck with the bulls the entire season and playoffs, get the fvck outta here. If the heat win, cool let them have their turn bashing the bulls and starting dumb threads. It's a vicious circle, a constant cycle of meaningless rebuttals for temporary satisfaction, bring the hate b!tch

Get back to me when you're done jacking off to pictures of kyle korver and jonas jerebko
hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

I wont vanish, ill happily give credit where it is due.

This is a case of good vs evil, you cant take short cuts to winning championships Lebron, a champion team will always beat a team of champions...And its showing in this series, if you dont think Lebron is at home or wherever he is thinking about the decisions he's made, you are surely mistaken. He would be shitting bricks right about now, at least he's got all that money to spend to drown out his sorrow once the heat go down
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #11
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

d-rose will be the type of mvp lebron will never be
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #12
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Sure ... it's just 1 game. Adjustments will be made, it's a series. D Wade is the Heat's best player and he didn't show up at all. He won't play that bad all series. Heat are still the favorites, IMO
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #13
TrueRob
Local High School Star

TrueRob has no real reputation yet.

How are the Heat favorites? The Bulls have a better record, HCA and they went 3-0 against the Heat during the regular season.
TrueRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #14
adri41
Good High School Starter

adri41 has decent reputationadri41 has decent reputation

I didn't see nearly as much overreaction as I did with...certain other team's wins. And to be fair, many people picked Chicago before the series started.
adri41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #15
Mrofir

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

The heat are still in trouble because they still won't respect the Bulls as much as they should in game 2. Miami has had the easiest road so far -- Philly doesn't require comment and Boston was a bunch of humpty dumpties. Atlanta would have beaten Boston in 5-6.

But Miami doesn't know theyve had it easy. They think Boston was the team trying to three-peat. They're mentally lost. Have been all year. Not talented enough not to ever run into adversity. They are now, and they will fold

As others have mentioned, Chicago is on a mission. Good luck to the WC representative trying to stop them.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: