Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #31
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Nene will be involved with this who else?

they won't include j.r. smith will they
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #32
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
AI is only good when he controls the ball and shoots 25+ times/night. That wouldn't happen in Denver.

Yeah, an all-star like that couldn't possibly adjust and do anything else
:rollingeyes:
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:46 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hear its Denver, Portland, Philly.

Philly gets Magloire, Joe Smith and a first round pick. Both players are expirers.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #34
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

^So than Portland is taking the gamble on Nene? He can play, but with his injury issues and contract I am suprised.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #35
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

im stickin to my guns.

Portland doesnt take nene for magloire
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #36
TheBynumProject
Byonic

Hold it. Denver has 2 picks to offer. If Philly only gets 1, than I would assume the other goes to Portland, as "incentive" to take on Nene.

Nene can really play btw. Someone earier in this thread compared him to Dalembert and said he has no bball IQ...that is not true at all. He is a smart player, he really is. Strong even for an NBA player. Pretty good shot form 20 feet and in. Has a "feel" for the game Daembert does not.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:20 PM   #37
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Yeah, an all-star like that couldn't possibly adjust and do anything else
:rollingeyes:

AI isn't an All-Star, he is a street baller who dominates the team's offensive sets when he plays. There is a reason why players disappeared when they went to Philly. Denver already has an amazing offense, so why would they want to bring in Iverson?

If anything it will kill JR Smith's development, and I actually though he looked like he might be getting somewhere. It will also limit the effectiveness of Andre Miller.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #38
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
AI isn't an All-Star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #39
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
^HAHA

Gasol has a contract that runs for 5 more years. AI only has 2 years left on his deal, so if Denver does get him they can clear massive cap room when his deal comes off the books. See? It helps them in the short AND long term.

Plus, Denver needs another guy who can create shots. No doubt about it.

It is a good thing to have Gasol locked up for 5 years. What FA is going to realistically hit the market that matches up to Gasol in todays NBA where rookie deals are 99% of the time extended?

The best player in this years FA class is Vince Carter and I doubt that there is a single GM in the league that would rather pair Melo with Vince rather than with Gasol.

Miller | JR Smith | Melo | Gasol | Camby

If Denver could ever pull that off they would be immediate top 5 contenders.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:32 PM   #40
TheBynumProject
Byonic

Miles, the debate over a player signed long-term vs. a player signed short-term is very subjective, and constanty fluctuates.

Denver's payroll could not absorb a max-level deal like Pau's for 5 years, other teams may be able to. Pau the player would fit nicely with the Nugs, but not with his contract. With so many long-term deals already in place, Denver would have absolutely no interest in trading for AI if his contract ran 5 more years.

All depends on the situation.

Last edited by TheBynumProject : 12-15-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #41
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
fuctuates
Whoops!
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #42
TheBynumProject
Byonic

Edited.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sixers get 2 first round picks from Denver, Joe Smith or Najera, Kleiza or Hodge, and Andre Miller along with Magloire from Portland

Portland gets Nene and cash I think

Denver gets A.I.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #44
TheBynumProject
Byonic

That doesn't sound right. You're saying BOTH Nene and Dre Miller will be shipped out?

And I can't imagine Portland swapping Magloire for Nene without at least a first-rounder.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #45
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I hear its Denver, Portland, Philly.

Philly gets Magloire, Joe Smith and a first round pick. Both players are expirers.

If they are going to take back expirers, then why not a deal involving Sacramento (since Bibby is going to opt out)?

I guess maybe they want to re-sign Magliore at the end of this season if he plays well. Or maybe they think he can help them get into the playoffs this year. Or maybe they will try to trade him again before the end of the season.

If they get Smith, I see a buyout happening quickly, to free up some cash and to let him go play somewhere else (hello Los Angeles Lakers).
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: