Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2006, 12:34 PM   #16
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd
AI and Melo...one of the best scoring tandems of all time?
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #17
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputation

CWebb got 20 shots while playing with Iverson? Then why is he so disgruted, just as most other guys, who have played with Iverson? If he's such a great team-first player, then why do his teammates complain about not feeling involved in the offense? The ball is in AI's hands 90% of the time and everyone is at the mercy of his decision making. And dont even give me that load of bull where AI KNOWS its Melo's team. Its not going to be Melo's team anymore when AI is in town. He's the immediate second fiddle...no questions asked.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #18
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

JSub is wrong about alot of stuff. Like when he was hating on Melo before the start of the season. Pay no attention to him.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
JSub is wrong about alot of stuff. Like when he was hating on Melo before the start of the season. Pay no attention to him.

Know your place, boy. Melo and AI cannot coexist. Neither of these two players was built to be second option, but thats exactly what one has to become. Melo's not going to be a very happy camper in the long run.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #20
TheBynumProject
Byonic

Oh, I thought Melo was so terrible though?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #21
sonics0034
Serious playground baller

sonics0034 has decent reputationsonics0034 has decent reputation

i hope iverson is not going to Denver... he is going to ruin the chemistry of the Nuggets.... how's andre miller and Jr.smith going to play when Iverson is here??? I think Denver already has a pretty good backcourt, and they should rather look to trade for pau gasol instead of iverson...
sonics0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #22
TheBynumProject
Byonic

^HAHA

Gasol has a contract that runs for 5 more years. AI only has 2 years left on his deal, so if Denver does get him they can clear massive cap room when his deal comes off the books. See? It helps them in the short AND long term.

Plus, Denver needs another guy who can create shots. No doubt about it.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Denver has 2 first round picks next draft (2007)? Anyone know who?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #24
TheBynumProject
Byonic

Their own and Dallas (via GS/Dampeir trade>denver via Najara trade)
Old 12-15-2006, 01:26 PM   #25
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To Denver

AI

To Philly

Denvers two first round picks
Joe Smith
Devin Harris

To Dallas

Andre Miller

Last edited by insidehoops : 01-24-2007 at 01:46 PM.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:33 PM   #26
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

could it be another "backcourt 2000"?
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #27
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
could it be another "backcourt 2000"?
If that's the case, the Nuggz would be in trouble.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:37 PM   #28
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

yes they would
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:40 PM   #29
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Karl can get AI to be a distributor and go to about 25ppg. Its not like they don't need a 2nd scorer. They really do. JR is going to be great, but he's inconsistent right now and if he doesn't feel it early instead of getting more agressive and attacking, he gets timid.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #30
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
They'll probably get Joe Smith's expiring contract and two first-round picks.

As far as AI killing Melo's development -- I think it will be the opposite. AI and Melo like each other, AI knows that Denver is Melo's team, and AI is getting up there in age. I think that will make it much more likely for him to defer a bit and be more of a distributor. If Denver keeps Andre Miller (which looks like it will happen), then AI can go back to what he does best, which is penetrate and score.

Think about it -- who the hell are you going to cover when Melo and AI are on the floor together? Do you double AI and get smoked when he dishes it to an open Carmelo? Do you double Melo (like everyone has been doing) and leave AI to run all over the place? It just creates a ton of matchup problems. Teams could leave Andre Miller open for shots at the top of the key or from 3 and focus on Carmelo -- but they cannot do that with AI there. It's a coach's nightmare to have a guy like Melo who can shoot, drive, and play the post along with a guy like AI who can shoot, drive, and draw tons of fouls on the court at the same time. Nobody has been able to cover Melo by themselves this year, so they're going to have to keep doubling him unless they want him to hang 40 on them every night due to single coverage. Adding AI into the mix just makes it an impossible decision. I think this is a great move if/when it happens.

EDIT: IggyIverson is spot-on -- even a mediocre Webber got a bunch of shots with AI running the point. This myth about AI being really selfish is kind of beyond me... Somebody who can score absolutely at-will like 'Melo is going to have a field day with another guy to distract the defense from him. That's been the problem with the Nuggets this year -- they have no other reliable (ahem.. JR) scorers to pull the defense from 'Melo. It seems like the rest of the team either plays great and they end up with 40+ bench points, or nobody shows up and Melo has to do it all. AI will solve that problem the second he walks onto the court.

AI is only good when he controls the ball and shoots 25+ times/night. That wouldn't happen in Denver.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: