Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Source: Iverson To Denver Deal Close

NBA league sources say that the Denver Nuggets are close to a deal that would land Allen Iverson. A deal could be finalized on Friday.

A source familiar with negotiations sas it would be a complicated trade involving at least three teams and at least five players. In addition, the Nuggets would likely have to give up both of their first round draft picks in the next draft

Fox Colorado.com

Not sure if that site is a good one or not

but hey we need another AI article, right?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
_KP_The_Familia_
Serious playground baller

_KP_The_Familia_ has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
NBA league sources say that the Denver Nuggets are close to a deal that would land Allen Iverson. A deal could be finalized on Friday.

A source familiar with negotiations sas it would be a complicated trade involving at least three teams and at least five players. In addition, the Nuggets would likely have to give up both of their first round draft picks in the next draft

Fox Colorado.com

Not sure if that site is a good one or not

but hey we need another AI article, right?

YESS!! LETS ALL CELEBRATE!!

_KP_The_Familia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
Stumbleweed
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Stumbleweed has an OK reputation so far

I'm gonna go buy a baby blue AI jersey as soon as I can get one if this happens. It would be a big day for Denver.
Stumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

STAY EAST AI, STAY EAST (unless it's Minny).
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

AI and Melo...one of the best scoring tandems of all time?
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

I fail to see how any allstar aside from KG can play with AI. Melo needs his shots...he cant simply eat the scraps from AI's table, which is exactly what's going to happen if this trade is completed. Consider Melo's growth stunted for the next 3 years.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What is philly getting? If it's not a three way trade, and knowing they won't get Anthony, they get raped in any trade scenario.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
What is philly getting? If it's not a three way trade, and knowing they won't get Anthony, they get raped in any trade scenario.
That's what I wonder. From what I have read, the Nuggs are trying to unload Nene's huge deal, but I don't think Philly wants any part of that.

(By the way, that's the greatest avatar ever!!)
Old 12-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #9
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
(By the way, that's the greatest avatar ever!!)
Thanks
And why would the sixers want Dalembert and Nene in the same team?
Two max contract, no basketball IQ players?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #10
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

Both AI and Melo are 30+ ppg players.
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #11
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
I fail to see how any allstar aside from KG can play with AI. Melo needs his shots...he cant simply eat the scraps from AI's table, which is exactly what's going to happen if this trade is completed. Consider Melo's growth stunted for the next 3 years.

AI has played with exactly 1 allstar in 11 years.......they went to the Finals.

and i dont understand why peole are worried about Melo getting shots. Webber averaged over 20 shots a game on one leg playing with Iverson. why do people forget this?? AI passes more than most superstars

i cant wait to see Iverson play with another superstar. its going to be beautiful basketball. i'll be first in line to buy an Iverson Denver jersey
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #12
Stumbleweed
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Stumbleweed has an OK reputation so far

They'll probably get Joe Smith's expiring contract and two first-round picks.

As far as AI killing Melo's development -- I think it will be the opposite. AI and Melo like each other, AI knows that Denver is Melo's team, and AI is getting up there in age. I think that will make it much more likely for him to defer a bit and be more of a distributor. If Denver keeps Andre Miller (which looks like it will happen), then AI can go back to what he does best, which is penetrate and score.

Think about it -- who the hell are you going to cover when Melo and AI are on the floor together? Do you double AI and get smoked when he dishes it to an open Carmelo? Do you double Melo (like everyone has been doing) and leave AI to run all over the place? It just creates a ton of matchup problems. Teams could leave Andre Miller open for shots at the top of the key or from 3 and focus on Carmelo -- but they cannot do that with AI there. It's a coach's nightmare to have a guy like Melo who can shoot, drive, and play the post along with a guy like AI who can shoot, drive, and draw tons of fouls on the court at the same time. Nobody has been able to cover Melo by themselves this year, so they're going to have to keep doubling him unless they want him to hang 40 on them every night due to single coverage. Adding AI into the mix just makes it an impossible decision. I think this is a great move if/when it happens.

EDIT: IggyIverson is spot-on -- even a mediocre Webber got a bunch of shots with AI running the point. This myth about AI being really selfish is kind of beyond me... Somebody who can score absolutely at-will like 'Melo is going to have a field day with another guy to distract the defense from him. That's been the problem with the Nuggets this year -- they have no other reliable (ahem.. JR) scorers to pull the defense from 'Melo. It seems like the rest of the team either plays great and they end up with 40+ bench points, or nobody shows up and Melo has to do it all. AI will solve that problem the second he walks onto the court.

Last edited by Stumbleweed : 12-15-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Stumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #13
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far

Oh ****! Stay out east A.I. The west has too much competition already. Can't afford to have Denver as another championship contender.
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #14
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Thanks
And why would the sixers want Dalembert and Nene in the same team?
Two max contract, no basketball IQ players?
Exactly. There are a lot of teams that want AI, but it seems as if none are willing to part with the players that Philly would take in return.

Is it possible that AI is the hardest player to trade in the league maybe besides Shaq?

Considering that:

#1. He is so used to being the one and only star in Philly, it's hard to find players that he can play with.

#2. His contract is huge. 17 mill - 20 mill over the next 3 years. They aren't going to get equal value in return because salaries have to match.

#3. AI isn't getting any younger, and his body has taken more abuse than any player I can ever remember. He doesn't show signs of stopping, but how many years does he have left? It's a gamble for a lot teams.

#4. His character has been in question before. Depending on if he is happy or not, is this worth the gamble for a lot of teams?

I like AI, but I can't recall a player who may be more difficult to move than he is.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:33 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I could be wrong, but I think you all are making too much out of this...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: