Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Sean Elliott isn't the greatest announcer, who really cares? lol

Is it worth crying and crying about? Is it worth defending him to no end?

Honestly, he's just a local announcer, he's been doing the same thing he does for years. It's not like Spurs fans are dying to watch games just to hear Sean, or are basing everyone of their opinions off his...

Really, this wouldn't even be argued over it wasn't for the Spurs... Same ol haters doing the same ol hating... Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Sean Elliott isn't the greatest announcer, who really cares? lol
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Really, this wouldn't even be argued over it wasn't for the Spurs... Same ol haters doing the same ol hating... Nothing new here.
    False. I call out all the bad announcers. He just happened to be the one on NBA TV last night (the other two games were national announcers, not local ones).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Everyone calls him that... what's your point?

Your boy Elliot is a terrible announcer and it's universally agreed upon by everyone except by the most biased, idiot homers.

Anything else you want to add?
    yes couple things. id rather listen to him then mark jackson or shitty reggie miller. the only quality commentators that have real knowledge are hubie brown and bill walton. sean elliot actually brings alot of basketball knowledge to commentating he had a very high bball IQ as a player and seems to still have it. lamar kardashian.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    yes couple things. id rather listen to him then mark jackson or shitty reggie miller. the only quality commentators that have real knowledge are hubie brown and bill walton. sean elliot actually brings alot of basketball knowledge to commentating he had a very high bball IQ as a player and seems to still have it. lamar kardashian.
    Mark Jackson is pretty meh.

Reggie Miller is terrible. But so is Sean Elliot!

Flappu Ginobili! Nya!

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

I don't get what's so hard to see.

Even the hardest core Celtic homers know Tommy H is a terrible announcer... but they like him because he's a homer for the same team they are homers for.
    That's fantastic.

However, I don't feel that Sean's a bad announcer. Is he a huge homer? Yes. But since when did being a homer mean you're also a bad color analyst for the team your a homer for?

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    it doesn't bother me. im arguing because you are acting like i have some sort of character issue because i don't like crappy homer announcing. Yes, i don't like the WE. He's an announcer, not a cheerleader. Cheerleaders cheer, act happy, are part of the team. Announcers talk about the team. He's a combination. I don't like it. Get over it.
    BTW, you are acting like it's just me.

Sean Elliot got killed by the national media last night because normally not everyone hears that.
    Chris Webber? The guy who last week talked as if he were still on the Kings with all those possessive pronouns and nouns. Did that get you all heated too?

Who else? Oh, Bill Simmons. The fan of a team that has Tommy doing color.

i doubt you watch Celtic games and when their announcer goes off for 5 minutes befacuse he thinks everyone is cheating the Celtics you enjoy it.
    I don't watch local broadcasts of Celtics games. I could care less how their broadcasters sound, if the local fans enjoy it, good for them. I'm not butt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Yes, the fan who admits Tommy is terrible.

Give it up.

BTW, for the retards who can't spell.

It's Elliott.

Yes, the fan who admits Tommy is terrible.

Give it up.
    Terrible or just a huge biased homer?

I think that's where you get the comparison greatly wrong.

Tommy is a biased homer who is always only focused on the Celtics.

Sean is a homer but can praise the other team and players as easy as he can for the Spurs.

But even then, who cares if either are homers. They're local color men for their local teams doing local broadcasts to appease the local fan base. The fact that that gets to you is so funny and shows how pathetic a life you live if you spend even a micro second letting it bother you.
    Last edited by Wonder Bread Kid; 04-21-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Default Re: spurs vs memphis game 2

Unsurprisingly, Spurs won with Manu. Grizzlies only chance for this series was to steal games before Manu is healthy, then hope they could win 1-2 of the remaining 4-5 games. Manu's offense and ball handling was crap, but let everyone else play in their normal roles. It effects both the offense and defense. Spurs offense still has yet to have a good game, two straight bad games, and they have one win and one barely loss to show for it.

The longer this series goes, the more healthy Manu gets, the less chance Memphis has at getting wins. Healthy Spurs easily beats this Memphis team. Grizzlies have a nice team, but the Spurs are obviously better in several areas. It doesn't matter how they supposedly "match up", the Spurs have game plans to beat teams who they don't match up well with. Because oh yeah, the Spurs have advantages over the Grizzlies too, that nobody talks about. Better penetration, better 3pt shooting, better help defense, and good low post defense when both Timmy and McDyess are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by zac
    Sportsguy33:
    Who is announcing this Grizzlies-Spurs game? These guys are such homers that even Tommy Heinsohn is disgusted.
    I don't see how anyone can possibly have been whining about the Spurs local broadcast announcers when the entire pre game and post game (national media announcers FYI) were blowing the Grizzlies like their dicks had the antidote in it.

Default Re: spurs vs memphis game 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Decision
    LOL can't wait for sinjackal's excuse when spurs lose this game.
    Oh look, another failed prediction by a bad poster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Decision
    Refs are calling everything for the spurs yet again.
    Uh, Grizzlies got away with tons of shit the whole game. And I recall almost all of their runs being spurred on by getting every call for a 3-4 minute span (they had one legitimate run I think in the 3rd or 4th though, was a 7-0 or a 9-2 run with no whistles). Like late in the 2nd, they had a 13-3 run going, and it was on 7 straight calls in their favor. 4 cheap touch fouls, and 2 "50/50" calls (which replays showed should have gone in SA's favor) going in the Grizzlies' favor, while they committed at least 3 obvious fouls that weren't called.

I suppose Spurs haters will see what they want to see though, and will pretend like no whistles were called against the Spurs. Note: the refs whistled 9 turnovers against SA, and only 5 against Memphis. Refs fouled out Duncan when Gasol literally pushed him causing the contact that Duncan fouled out with; no call on Gasol of course. Refs kept calling McDyess for cheap touch fouls (yet again) so he could barely stay on the floor. Refs also called almost the exact same number of fouls on each team.

Spurs get more FTAs because the Grizzlies foul when they get beat on defense. Uncontested layup > FTAs.The Spurs do not do this. They specifically try to NOT foul when they get beat on D', and trust Duncan to make the layup hard to make without fouling. For many years, SA has been among the bottom of the league in FTAs against for that very reason. That's how they play defense, it isn't about the refs.

So far, so good for my prediction:

Grizzlies come in and sucker punch the Spurs, stealing the first game in a nail-biter.

Spurs respond by taking the next two... and the Grizz fight their way to even the series 2-2.

Spurs win at home, Grizz win at home, and it's a toss up in a tough game seven with Tony Allen and Shane Battier locking down the Spurs perimeter scoring, and Tim Duncan powerless to stop Z-Bo's relentless scoring assault.

Grizzlies in seven, and I'm being serious.
    Keep it up, teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    BTW, you are acting like it's just me.

Chris Webber? The guy who last week talked as if he were still on the Kings with all those possessive pronouns and nouns. Did that get you all heated too?

I don't watch local broadcasts of Celtics games. I could care less how their broadcasters sound, if the local fans enjoy it, good for them. I'm not butt hurt.
    It wasn't just me. Sorry, homer announcers suck for the 97% of us not cheering for the home team. LEt me rephrase to make you happy, for NON SPURS FANS Sean Elliot SUCKS ASS as an announcer. He is not the only one, not by a mile. But he really does. For Spurs fans that's great. But everyone in the world is not a Spurs fan.

Was just reading through the rest of the thread. . .why're you guys whining about Sean Elliott so much?

For all your bitter hate for him, the Spurs got the highest local ratings of any team in the NBA this year. Spurs fans like him. He's a Spurs' home team announcer for local Spurs broadcasts. He is doing his job perfectly and they're getting big local ratings.

When you listen to home team announcers, you should expect to hear homerism. They are home team announcers. Especially when one (or both) of those announcers are former LIFETIME PLAYERS OF THE TEAM and were a huge part of that team's first championship.

Not shit he's going to be a Spurs' homer. He lives in SA, played his entire career (minus half a season) with them, helped bring that team their first championship as it's best perimeter player, and gasp, still clearly works for that team as it's announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by SayTownRy
    sean elliott is the man not just because he's a legendary spur, but because of his sick one liners such as:

"he brought the appetizers and the salads on that one"
    "he's wearing a deodorant that you might be familiar with... it's called slam"
    the guy's pure entertainment when he's on a roll.
    I love when he uses that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Was just reading through the rest of the thread. . .why're you guys whining about Sean Elliott so much?

For all your bitter hate for him, the Spurs got the highest local ratings of any team in the NBA this year. Spurs fans like him. He's a Spurs' home team announcer for local Spurs broadcasts. He is doing his job perfectly and they're getting big local ratings.

When you listen to home team announcers, you should expect to hear homerism. They are home team announcers. Especially when one (or both) of those announcers are former LIFETIME PLAYERS OF THE TEAM and were a huge part of that team's first championship.

Not shit he's going to be a Spurs' homer. He lives in SA, played his entire career (minus half a season) with them, helped bring that team their first championship as it's best perimeter player, and gasp, still clearly works for that team as it's announcer.

I love when he uses that one.
    Clyde Fraizer won two titles for the Knicks and has spent the better part of his career with that organization. He never says WE, he never roots, he does talk about things from our perspective (of course) and he wants us to win, but he doesn't root. If you like the rooting style that's fine (i see no reason you shouldn't) but be aware for those that aren't rooting, it comes across as really super lame.