Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #3451
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputation
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

What kind of picture is that?
The_Yearning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #3452
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
What kind of picture is that?
An out of focus one.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #3453
MtMutombo
I airball my layups

MtMutombo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
she aint powerful enough. westeros has more infantrymen, lannisters and highgarden alliance really solidifies the throne for now. the dragons need to grow more still.

How about white walker army? prolly couldnt be beaten hand-to-hand.
MtMutombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #3454
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If she gets even a hint of real control over the dragons the white walker army is done. I cant say how the show does it...but the books make it clear dragons arent easily controlled. Even ones who like you. But I suspect they might attack the zombies just because.

And really....the Lannisters have all that access to wildfire too. They might be better off just letting the zombies/walkers come all at once and wiping them out on a field of wildfire.

I think the threat they pose is overstated. Humans ran them off like....8 thousand years ago. And they didnt have dragons or wildfire to do it.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #3455
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Pretty amusing history of Tywin Lannister for anyone who wants details on his past that I doubt the show has time to cover:

http://youtu.be/v9q4Ht-W164
Can't tell if she's really hot or being a hardcore ASOIAF fan makes her hot
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #3456
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Can't tell if she's really hot or being a hardcore ASOIAF fan makes her hot

Both. Also she said the word ****.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #3457
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Pretty amusing history of Tywin Lannister for anyone who wants details on his past that I doubt the show has time to cover:

http://youtu.be/v9q4Ht-W164

Thanks for this. There goes two to three hours of my life I'll never get back.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #3458
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you watch them all you will get spoilers. But not that many. I can tell they make an effort to only reference big things in a way that readers know but not show watchers. They are all pretty good though.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #3459
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Does anything happen with the dude getting tortured? Any payoff? Otherwise i'm just going to skip that from now on, it's boring and disgusting at the same time.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #3460
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
If you watch them all you will get spoilers. But not that many. I can tell they make an effort to only reference big things in a way that readers know but not show watchers. They are all pretty good though.

Oh, I've read all the books. I just like the way she's consolidating all the information by house, to give a more direct history, rather than the way it's meted out in the book bit by bit. It's a nice refresher.

And it is pretty dead nuts to the book. She doesn't throw around a lot of hypothesis. None of the Tyrion is the love child of Arys and Tywin's wife type stuff ... which can't be a spoiler, because no one knows if it's true or not.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #3461
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Well...ill say this.

He does come back into the story for the rest of the kingdom. He isnt just stuck in that room getting owned forever. He still has uses. He lends legitimacy to some rather important things down the line.

So you arent watching him be ****ed up for nothing. Just for you to know what hes going through and why hes down to do anything to get out of it.

None of the graphic stuff is in the books. Its just explained that hes lost fingers and ash e put it "That other thing" and been tortured to the point he wont even admit what his name is. How it happens its just made up for the show. His whole time with these guys is just mentioned in reflection as hes thinking. Hes gone and assumed dead by everyone for like a book and a half and just turns up suddenly with a chapter on some insane guy in a dungeon trying to get a hold of a rat to eat....raw. They dont say who he is for a while. I wont consider that a spoiler since they cant do it that way with him on screen in plain sight.

He gets just straight up broken. But hes involved in big goings on down the line.

His family in general.

Expect to see a lot of the Greyjoys next season and the season after. It feels boring at first since its people you dont know...but its pretty interesting.

It all happens for a reason. It all gets tied together pretty neatly.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #3462
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Does anything happen with the dude getting tortured? Any payoff? Otherwise i'm just going to skip that from now on, it's boring and disgusting at the same time.

Theon's story arc is one of the better in the series, rivaling Jamie's in it's ups and downs. But the payoff won't be for a while yet, and even up to date reading the endgame isn't entirely clear.

But I have to admit, the story at this point is not translating well to the screen. It's more about keeping track of the fact that he's been captured and is being tortured than anything else, and really could be limited to much shorter and less graphic moments just as a reminder.

That Talisa thing above was a fascinating concept. It would be awesome if that was the payoff. One of the things I've liked about the show vs. the book is I think the Talisa character is far more interesting than the Jeyne Westerling character in the books. And that would be a great added payoff in what is already going to be a huge moment. (in fact, most of the women in the show are better than they read. Cersei has a lot more depth than I thought they'd ever muster out of what was a pretty written in stone character, and is a huge compliment to Lena Headey. And Margery Tyrell is also better on screen than what was a somewhat sketched version of her on the page IMO).
My only big gripe with the Talisa theory is that if it's true, how come Tywin continues to not know the status of Jamie. She'd certainly have gotten word to him at this point. It's not as if she doesn't know.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #3463
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Well...ill say this.

He does come back into the story for the rest of the kingdom. He isnt just stuck in that room getting owned forever. He still has uses. He lends legitimacy to some rather important things down the line.

So you arent watching him be ****ed up for nothing. Just for you to know what hes going through and why hes down to do anything to get out of it.

None of the graphic stuff is in the books. Its just explained that hes lost fingers and ash e put it "That other thing" and been tortured to the point he wont even admit what his name is. How it happens its just made up for the show. His whole time with these guys is just mentioned in reflection as hes thinking. Hes gone and assumed dead by everyone for like a book and a half and just turns up suddenly with a chapter on some insane guy in a dungeon trying to get a hold of a rat to eat....raw. They dont say who he is for a while. I wont consider that a spoiler since they cant do it that way with him on screen in plain sight.

He gets just straight up broken. But hes involved in big goings on down the line.

His family in general.

Expect to see a lot of the Greyjoys next season and the season after. It feels boring at first since its people you dont know...but its pretty interesting.

It all happens for a reason. It all gets tied together pretty neatly.

They would have been better served treating him as a big reveal like in the book. Although it would've required some primering on who he was again after a season plus but it woulda been a huge WTF to the audience.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #3464
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Watching the video it does look like they are setting up a "I should have seen it all along" thing with her bring a spy. The letters in high valyrian nobody can read?

As suspicious as Cat is on the show she should grab one and take it to a maester. You know they can read it...or at least get it to someone who can.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #3465
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
They would have been better served treating him as a big reveal like in the book. Although it would've required some primering on who he was again after a season plus but it woulda been a huge WTF to the audience.

I really didnt think about it till I wrote that post but I suppose the only reason they didnt kill him in the books was so they could break him.....and have him go along with it when they need to get that whole....situation...over.

I was thinking they were just being ***** since he was a traitor but they set that up all along I believe. Keep him alive and broken....since hes the only one that will be around to make....that situation....seem legit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: