Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-14-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Spurs vs Grizzlies

The San Antonio Spurs face the Memphis Grizzlies in the first round of the 2011 NBA Playoffs.

Discuss the matchup! Strengths of each team, weaknesses, and don't just predict the outcome -- EXPLAIN WHY!
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
Djsonny
Kids at the park dunk on me

Djsonny has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Spurs vs Grizzlies

I hope the spurs sweeps the grizzs, that would show them for tanking the last two games of the season on purpose. Grizzs thinks this would be their easiest matchups. I think experience and coach will easily win this matchup
Djsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Jotaro Durant has no real reputation yet.

I would say Spurs in 6, mainly the Grizz' length will bother them and they can score a lot in the paint.
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Man, Spurs get to face all the teams with the biggest FC's The first 2 rounds will show how they will do vs Lakers(if they make it)
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 AM   #5
Kyle_korver
nba finals towel boy

Kyle_korver has an OK reputation so far

Grizz gonna win if they feed Marc gasol .. I see so much potential in him
Kyle_korver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #6
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

We going to need OJ Mayo to play big for us.
Grizzlies in 4
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #7
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Spurs in 6 if Manu is healthy
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
toxicxr6
Local High School Star

toxicxr6 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
sas 4-1

Ageed.... SAS take games 1 and 2 at home... Memphis take game 3 at home... SAS respond in game 4 and 5..
toxicxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

ISH needs a purge. All the people who can't read and are just posting predictions should just get an instant ban.

Honestly out of the 6-8 spots in the west I think that's the best team. The Grizzlies are not going to be a cake walk, with their size they can pose problems to the Spurs. But the SA's experience in the playoffs, its depth, and home court advantage, I think they'll win. I think they'll win their home court games, and take one at Memphis. 4-1 for the Spurs.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Grizzlies come in and sucker punch the Spurs, stealing the first game in a nail-biter.

Spurs respond by taking the next two... and the Grizz fight their way to even the series 2-2.

Spurs win at home, Grizz win at home, and it's a toss up in a tough game seven with Tony Allen and Shane Battier locking down the Spurs perimeter scoring, and Tim Duncan powerless to stop Z-Bo's relentless scoring assault.

Grizzlies in seven, and I'm being serious.
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #11
Bajanmale
Miami Heat!

Bajanmale has not been impressing people

I'll firstly like to thank the Spurs for giving the Lakers an early Christmas gift the easy Hornets! How ironic it is that the night after you sat your starters because of "fear of injuries" you play your starters, not only did you lost but a player got hurt

Grizzlies please I hope you will do justice but then again u gave them the gift of 2 championships when you handed them Paul Gasol.
Bajanmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #12
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

IF Manu is ok than the Spurs in 6. If he is hurt than the Spurs in 7
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Gino is healthy SA is 5,6 with Memphis winning the only competitive games. If this is a situation where Gino has a lingering injury, aside from Sinjackal and the SA fans apologizing to me for calling me an ass for suggesting an injury could derail the spurs i really think SA is in trouble. They've been backpedaling for weeks, the big three becoming the big two at this point would really hurt them.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #14
Papaya Petee
USAF

Papaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputationPapaya Petee has a terrific reputation

I say Grizzlies motivate themselves, go out there and give everything they got, and fight to 6 or even maybe 7 games and leave the playoffs in a very positive manner.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #15
ATL_Bball_King
Decent playground baller

ATL_Bball_King has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
I say Grizzlies motivate themselves, go out there and give everything they got, and fight to 6 or even maybe 7 games and leave the playoffs in a very positive manner.

Yea i think Grizz is one of those up and coming teams...They are gonna get a taste of these playoffs fighting and taking spurs to the limit...And be hungrier next season...But they will exit in style...

Other than pure experience jus looking at matchups the Grizzlies dont look to bad against them...Especially if they had Rudy...If they had Rudy i prolly could of called an upset...

But better coach and experience will win...But there will be a fight
ATL_Bball_King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: