Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #16
Richesly
Atlanta Hawk Fan

Richesly has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Magic vs Hawks

Since none of you guys have ever watch a Hawks game unless It's against the Celtics, Heat, or Lakers, I'll go in more depth.

Hawks do have an answer for Dwight unlike last year. The answer is to keep switching Centers. There are plenty of centers on our team that can pester dwight one on one, like Jason Collins and Etan Thomas. Last year, you had to keep switching on dwight. Also, how are the magic better this year? you can't be serious. Not even the record is better. Magic were better with Pietrus, Carter, Lewis, and Gortat. GTFO with that bs.

Hawks regular season is 3 - 1 with hawks 3. Last year It was 3 - 1 with magic 3.

+ Isos aren't called for Joe 24/7 like last season. Honestly, I think Al Horford going to abuse whoever is at PF. No one on Magic can guard Joe Johnson, especially not Jason Richardson. Marvin will have step up D on Hedo, but I doubt Hedo will get any touches really. Kirk and Gilbert are a pretty good match-up honestly.

I love how people are saying Magic will sweep Hawks like they are as good as last year. Yeah, learn so basketball or something. Hawks are essentially the same team as last year with a few additions. Joe hasn't regressed, hes just not getting the ball about 85% like last season. Watch, Hawks win game 1, lose game 2, lose game 3, win game 4, lose game 5, win game 6, win game 7.
Richesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #17
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
Orlando is a better team from last year. Atlanta isn't. Not saying you guys can't manage to win a game this time but it would be extreme wishful thinking to think Atlanta even has a chance (which is rare in a 4 vs. a 5)

No they aren't. And not one person on this board will agree with you that they are better then last year. Magic got a little worse, Hawks stayed the same.

The Hawks will not get swept. I have the Hawks in 6, but it will not be a sweep.
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #18
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Either hawks in 6 or magic in 7 this is going to be a tough series for us
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #19
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's good to see Atlanta peaking at just the right time.

bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_In_Utah
Are you saying that the Hawks don't have a chance? It is pretty rare for a 5th seed to have no chance vs the 4th seed. Not much really separates them.
These teams aren't the conventional 4 and 5.

Orlando had two major trades in the season, which I think hept them from being better.

Atlanta...I really don't see how they won as many games as they did.

Nothing about them is impressive.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #21
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

Orlando had two major trades in the season, which I think hept them from being better.

Are you implying Orlando would have had a better record then Boston or Miami with their old roster?
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #22
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

You must only watch the Knicks and no one else. So, stop judging teams you know nothing about
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #23
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow people are really underrating the hawks, not just on the ish. I've been talking to people around town and everyone is thnkin we are gonna sweep the hawks
Not only have the hawks improved heir roster, they have a better coach and they seem to have 2 or 3 big men on the roster who they only activate to use against Dwight, if both teams play their beat this could easily go to 7 games
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #24
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
Wow people are really underrating the hawks, not just on the ish. I've been talking to people around town and everyone is thnkin we are gonna sweep the hawks
Not only have the hawks improved heir roster, they have a better coach and they seem to have 2 or 3 big men on the roster who they only activate to use against Dwight, if both teams play their beat this could easily go to 7 games

Exactly. I have a huge amount of respect for Howard and the Magic, but no one gives any credit to the Hawks. It'll be a great series.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #25
gutshot
Kids at the park dunk on me

gutshot has an OK reputation so far

Hawks are a very unpredictable team. They don't look like a solid team with players enjoying playing together and they seriously lack a good playmaker.
Orlando is known to struggle defending any good or even average PGs but in this case it wont be much of a problem.

The weird thing is that Atlanta have already beaten the New Magic twice. The last time they played, Colins did a fine job defending Howard. I don't think it's likely to happen again though. The key to the series is how Hedo is going to perform. I think he is doing allright lately and will lead the team well if he is given the ball. Magic looks way better when he designs and executes the plays.

Magic won't struggle against those loose and inconsistent teams. Hawks on the other hand may win one game or two but that's about it.

My prediction: Magic: 4 - 1
gutshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #26
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I also got Orlando in 5 but I could be very wrong. I honestly don't know for this series.. If the shooters don't show up for the Magic, dwight can go 40 and 20 and still lose..
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #27
vitamink420
Decent playground baller

vitamink420 has an OK reputation so far

Hawks will likely get swept again. No answers for Howard. Though if Howard gets in foul trouble I think Bass is the backup, so I'm probably speaking too soon
vitamink420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #28
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnstopable

You don't just go from that ^ to being able to win a series against that same team a year later. Especially considering the only difference on your team is Hinrich, and Orlando still has the best player....

Your team isnt even the same...

We are going to play BIG this year bro...

Hinrich/Teague
Johnson/Crawford
Smith/Williams/Wilkins
Horford/Powell/Zaza
Thomas/Armstrong/Collins

Dwight is going to have to work this year.

Last edited by PowerGlove : 04-14-2011 at 11:31 AM.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #29
J-Futuristic
Suck a Duck

J-Futuristic has decent reputationJ-Futuristic has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Your team isnt even the same...

Yep they had the 2 Hawks Killers last year in VC and Lewis.

Here's how the starting 5 goes

Hinrich< Jameer
Johnson> Richardson
Smoove> Turk
Horford> Bass
Collins< Howard

Atl bench : Crawford, Williams, Zaza, Teague and Damien Wilkins
Orl bench : Arenas, Q-Rich, Redick, Clark Anderson

Should be a very competitive series. Jason Collins has held Dwight in check when we have played Orlando this year. I don't know why so many people are saying the Hawks get swept.

Last edited by J-Futuristic : 04-14-2011 at 11:45 AM.
J-Futuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #30
Rnbizzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Futuristic
Yep they had the 2 Hawks Killers last year in VC and Lewis.

Here's how the starting 5 goes

Hinrich< Jameer
Johnson> Richardson
Smoove> Turk
Horford> Bass
Collins< Howard

Atl bench : Crawford, Williams, Zaza, Teague and Damien Wilkins
Orl bench : Arenas, Q-Rich, Redick, Clark Anderson

Should be a very competitive series. Jason Collins has held Dwight in check when we have played Orlando this year. I don't know why so many people are saying the Hawks get swept.

2 Hawk killers? All they did was shoot threes.. And if you wonder why people are predicting a sweep, check that pic again ^
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: