Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Off the top of my head, the Cavs and Raps fanbases have convinced themselves that this guy is Jesus in a point guard jersey. They actually want to tank and trade established NBA players just for the best opportunity to draft this dude.

Don't ask me how, but its a fact.

Now moving on... when's the last time a prospect received so much hype for basically doing nothing?? Duke won the championship with the same team he re-joined and basically stymied ball movement in the loss against Arizona.

The guy is a 6'1 attacking, scoring guard that many have convinced themsleves is the best point guard prospect since Jason Kidd.

What the hell are people smoking, man???
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
Warners0
Kids at the park dunk on me

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Off the top of my head, the Cavs and Raps fanbases have convinced themselves that this guy is Jesus in a point guard jersey. They actually want to tank and trade established NBA players just for the best opportunity to draft this dude.

Now moving on... when's the last time a prospect received so much hype for basically doing nothing?? Duke won the championship with the same team he re-joined and basically stymied ball movement in the loss against Arizona.

The guy is a 6'1 attacking, scoring guard that many have convinced themsleves is the best point guard prospect since Jason Kidd.

Kyrie Irving is a monster. The Cavs couldn't ask for a better player to build around for next year.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
fubu05
Say Word?

fubu05 is considered somewhat coolfubu05 is considered somewhat cool

I'm a Kemba homer, so I like Kemba better.

But Raptors do need a PG or C, and get rid of Bayless/Calderon and Bargs.
fubu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Head nods in the club.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #5
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warners0
Kyrie Irving is a monster. The Cavs couldn't ask for a better player to build around for next year.
You think you building around this cat????
Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

jlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gone are the days when you KNEW just how good a player would be BEFORE they were drafted. These "one-and-done" players, who put up average stats in half a season are a pure crap-shoot.

And it just amazes me how many of these kids who put up ordinary stats, against inferior competition, and then throw their names into the draft. Let's face reality. Most of those that now stay in school are probably so bad that they know they have no chance at the NBA. So, we really don't know how good the better players are, since they are facing the "rejects."

I don't blame the players. If NBA teams are willing to throw millions at unproven kids in HOPES of leading their teams to titles, then they deserve it when many of those kids flop.
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #7
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
Gone are the days when you KNEW just how good a player would be BEFORE they were drafted. These "one-and-done" players, who put up average stats in half a season are a pure crap-shoot.

And it just amazes me how many of these kids who put up ordinary stats, against inferior competition, and then throw their names into the draft. Let's face reality. Most of those that now stay in school are probably so bad that they know they have no chance at the NBA. So, we really don't know how good the better players are, since they are facing the "rejects."

I don't blame the players. If NBA teams are willing to throw millions at unproven kids in HOPES of leading their teams to titles, then they deserve it when many of those kids flop.
True, there has been quite a few who could've used couple more years in college (Marvin Williams comes to mind). I don't think Irving is one of them however. This thread is asking to be bumped few years later when Irving meets the expectations.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #8
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
True, there has been quite a few who could've used couple more years in college (Marvin Williams comes to mind). I don't think Irving is one of them however. This thread is asking to be bumped few years later when Irving meets the expectations.
N*gga, I'm a prophet with this sh*t. Go ask about me. I'm never wrong.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #9
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Court Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Kyrie is a VERY, very good PG prospect. He is also more than just a 'scoring guard', and is a little taller than you give him credit for (6'2" ish), with poise and maturity.

The fact that you blame the 'Zona loss on him makes me question your basketball knowledge at all. First off, its the NCAA tourney, and secondly, he sat nearly the entire season with an injury. Hard to get into the flow of things that quickly, especially for a freshman, in the tourney.

Being a part of a lackluster draft class doesn't hurt him either.
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #10
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Court Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
N*gga, I'm a prophet with this sh*t. Go ask about me. I'm never wrong.

Yeah, cool, you sound like every other clown on the internet with an opinion. You're no different.
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court Vision
The fact that you blame the 'Zona loss on him makes me question your basketball knowledge at all. First off, its the NCAA tourney, and secondly, he sat nearly the entire season with an injury. Hard to get into the flow of things that quickly, especially for a freshman, in the tourney.
Lastly, he was the only guy on the Duke side that could throw it in the ocean during that particular game. Irving scored 28 on 9-of-15 shooting. He also set up teammates with good looks... They were just off.

Well, that and the fact that they had no answer for Derrick Williams on the other end.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 AM   #12
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

jlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This could be the WORST draft in NBA history.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 AM   #13
LaysUpBricks
Serious playground baller

LaysUpBricks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

It'll be hard to beat 2000. But players like Kyrie and Derrick Williams are being overrated because of the lack of star players. Last years draft was the race for Wall, the year before that was for Griffin.
LaysUpBricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:29 AM   #14
fubu05
Say Word?

fubu05 is considered somewhat coolfubu05 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Worse than the 2000 draft? Doubt it. One of Kemba/Irving/Derrick Williams/Perry/Knight will be a great franchise player.
fubu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:30 AM   #15
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaysUpBricks
It'll be hard to beat 2000. But players like Kyrie and Derrick Williams are being overrated because of the lack of star players. Last years draft was the race for Wall, the year before that was for Griffin.

And once again, not a decent CENTER on the horizon...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: