Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #31
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
So, basically it's similar to New York?

For now. I doubt that this prohibition will last long (and I hope Im right). MMA community is going to fight against this.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #32
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so apparently strikeforce is trying to get a fedor vs henderson match in july
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
so apparently strikeforce is trying to get a fedor vs henderson match in july

Yeah, I r ead about that. They want to make it a catchweight but Hendo wants a heavyweight bout.

To continue story about MMA prohibition in Serbia, I took this from top Croatian sports site:

Quote:
UFC in Serbia? It will not go, at least judging by the latest amendment of the local Law on the sports.

Specifically, Article 158, in which he writes: "It is forbidden to organize the participation of any sporting event that is based on the so-called free fight two or more persons, such as fighting in the cage and the like."

Be sure to be welcomed and praised the move Serbian legislators, who, we remind, in the wake of the German Supreme Court decision, that the televisions in that country bannned live telecast MMA fights.

Of course, this "sport" in Croatia, and even among our visitors have a lot of fans, (statistics say that this is the fastest growing sport in the world), but really we need to ask what does this has in common with a sport, a scene where we see two bloody gladiators who try break each other in the cage.

It was hard to believe at first that they wrote this crap as I always thought they don't hate MMA, but comments on this article are almost as bad as the article itself...

EDIT - I bolded the UFC part because it really shows their MMA knowledge...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #34
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

anderson silva will be fighting okami at ufc: rio (august 27)

im glad this fight is happening before any 'super' fight with gsp

also,
nate marquardt is dropping down to 170, and will be fighting anthony rumble johnson at ufc live 4 (june 26)

i always though nate was a pretty hefty middleweight, he was one i would have never guessed to drop to welter. oddly enough, rumble can just as easily fight at middleweight.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #35
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rumble could fight at HW...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #36
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Same here. I think Silva will dominate and win fairly easily but I like Okami and he at least deserves a chance.

I still don't know about GSP moving up to MW. I'd like to see him stay at WW and keep taking everyone down until someone comes along to dethrone him. It's a shame the Strikeforce WW division because the merger would've helped that. Past Diaz, is there anyone worth mentioning?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #37
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SF's WW division sucks. The most notable fighters are:

Tyron Woodley
Roger Bowling
Marius Zaromskis
Cyborg
Paul Daley
Jesse Finney
Tarec Saffiedine
Bobby Voelker

with most of them being either decent or prospects with Daley being the most notable non-prospect and Tyron Woodley being the most notable prospect
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #38
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

also,
nate marquardt is dropping down to 170, and will be fighting anthony rumble johnson at ufc live 4 (june 26)

i always though nate was a pretty hefty middleweight, he was one i would have never guessed to drop to welter. oddly enough, rumble can just as easily fight at middleweight.
I always thought nate would never be anything in the Middleweight Division since he not great at anything hes just a solid fighter, maybe going down he will have strength over a opponent.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #39
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
SF's WW division sucks. The most notable fighters are:

Tyron Woodley
Roger Bowling
Marius Zaromskis
Cyborg
Paul Daley
Jesse Finney
Tarec Saffiedine
Bobby Voelker

with most of them being either decent or prospects with Daley being the most notable non-prospect and Tyron Woodley being the most notable prospect

Only division with depth in Strikeforce is the Heavyweight division, better then the UFC heavy division imo
Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #40
IamSofaKing
I brick airballs

IamSofaKing has decent reputationIamSofaKing has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Same here. I think Silva will dominate and win fairly easily but I like Okami and he at least deserves a chance.

I still don't know about GSP moving up to MW. I'd like to see him stay at WW and keep taking everyone down until someone comes along to dethrone him. It's a shame the Strikeforce WW division because the merger would've helped that. Past Diaz, is there anyone worth mentioning?

But whos really got a chance of beating Georgie at welterweight?

I'd like to see him move up to middleweight.

PS. I'm 100% George is gonna strike and use his Kyokushin against Shields, he'll try to avoid to take him down since Shield's can only submit and has no stand up
IamSofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 AM   #41
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Only division with depth in Strikeforce is the Heavyweight division, better then the UFC heavy division imo

They have depth at other divisions:

LHW
Kyle
Hendo
Prangley
Mousasi
OSP
King Mo
Larkin
Babalu
Feijao
Gracie

MW (not great, but not bad)
Rockhold
Manhoef
Mayhem
Kennedy
Le
Lawler
Radach
Jacare

LW
Wilcox
JZ
Evangelista
Couture (Randy's son looks like a decent prospect)
Shaolin
Beerbohm
Melendez
Noons
Healy
Masvidal
Thomson
Gurgel
Aoki
Kawajiri
Old 04-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #42
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
They have depth at other divisions:

LHW
Kyle
Hendo
Prangley
Mousasi
OSP
King Mo
Larkin
Babalu
Feijao
Gracie

MW (not great, but not bad)
Rockhold
Manhoef
Mayhem
Kennedy
Le
Lawler
Radach
Jacare

LW
Wilcox
JZ
Evangelista
Couture (Randy's son looks like a decent prospect)
Shaolin
Beerbohm
Melendez
Noons
Healy
Masvidal
Thomson
Gurgel
Aoki
Kawajiri

Maybe depth is the wrong term to use. Yes they have a lot of fighters signed on, but only about 3 fighters from each division would even be in the top 20 of UFC fighters at that same division.
I agree that the their heavyweight division is the only one with both quality and quantity, although I don't think it is better than the UFC's
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #43
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0870p...layer_embedded

Nick Diaz is going to be a Boxer now, he might retire from MMA for good.Crazy hes a very exciting fighter but dude is crazy as shit.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #44
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
Maybe depth is the wrong term to use. Yes they have a lot of fighters signed on, but only about 3 fighters from each division would even be in the top 20 of UFC fighters at that same division.

I'm going to disagree. SF's LHW and LW divisions are good while their MW division is OK. Top 20?

LHW
Hendo
Mousasi
Feijao
King Mo
Babalu
Gracie
Maybe Kyle

MW
Jacare
Lawler
Kennedy
Mayhem
Maybe Le if he fought instead of making movies

LW
Melendez
Aoki
Kawajiri
Thomson
JZ
and some others who could potentially be there
Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #45
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
I agree that the their heavyweight division is the only one with both quality and quantity, although I don't think it is better than the UFC's
Ya theres a huge drop off in talent in Strikeforce divisions.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: