Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Brujesino
BoGawd

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow MMA Discussion/News thread

I figured instead of making a bunch of different threads on a injury update or a fight announcement why not just make a big one like the MLB,Hockey,Pro Wrestling threads.

We can still make threads for fight events but everything else could go in here.

Mike Kyle out of Gegard Mousasi fight
Quote:
A very recent broken hand has forced light-heavyweight Mike Kyle (18-8-1 MMA, 2-3-1 SF) to withdraw from a fight next Saturday with former champ Gegard Mousasi (30-3-1 MMA, 2-1 SF) at "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley."

Afromowitz said the search for a replacement opponent is underway.

The bout was billed as a title eliminator for the right to face mewly minted titleholder Dan Henderson. It's unclear whether that designation will hold in light of the withdrawal.

Representatives from American Kickboxing Academy where Kyle trains were unaware of the injury situation when contacted today, but said the fighter suffered a broken hand in his most recent fight this past December against Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva. Pyle lost the fight by knockout after rocking Silva with a punch early in the fight.

I wonder who Strikeforce is going to put in for Kyle.Maybe this is a chance to put someone from the UFC in.

Thiago Silva admits to using roids
http://ringsidereport.com/?p=9127
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Fitch is out of the rematch with Penn:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23055/jon-...h-b-j-penn.mma

I hear Condit as the rumor to replace him.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Brujesino
BoGawd

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wonder how motivated BJ Penn is now that Fitch is out.From the looks of it after their fight it didnt look like he was really into fighting anymore.Lets see how it goes.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Brujesino
BoGawd

Anyone know where i can download the first episode of Tuf 13?Torrent please cant find shit.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was actually going to start a thread like this today when I got home from work. Word.

I've always thought that MMA is right down my alley and why am I not watching it? Anyways, I thought I'd watch Ultimate Fighter this season for an introduction and hopefully I can get into it from that.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, the first fight on TUF wasn't very entertaining, but don't let that deter you.

http://www.ultimatefighter.com/
You can watch full episodes from all of the previous seasons. I don't know how long they take to get new episodes up, though.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
Brujesino
BoGawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I was actually going to start a thread like this today when I got home from work. Word.

I've always thought that MMA is right down my alley and why am I not watching it? Anyways, I thought I'd watch Ultimate Fighter this season for an introduction and hopefully I can get into it from that.
TUF is how alot of people got introduced to MMA its a good way to get to know some fighters.

I guess this can be a question for everyone.

Who are your favorite fighters?Top 5 or 3.

Favorite MMA fight you have seen?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Brujesino
BoGawd

Also

Old 04-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Favorite fighters:

Alistair Overeem
Eddie Alvarez
BJ Penn
GSP
Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I wonder how motivated BJ Penn is now that Fitch is out.From the looks of it after their fight it didnt look like he was really into fighting anymore.Lets see how it goes.

I wonder the same thing. And I had no interest in seing Penn/Fitch 2. I didn't even have interest in Penn/Fitch 1.

Only fights I'd be interested in seing BJ in is vs Gilbert Melendez or maybe Gray Maynard. But even then, only if he actually trains 100%
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #11
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I guess this can be a question for everyone.

Who are your favorite fighters?Top 5 or 3.

Favorite MMA fight you have seen?

Current Fighters:

GSP
Randy Couture
KenFlo
Jon Jones
Chael Sonnen
Shane Carwin
Old 04-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rumored ufc 132 bouts

Bantamweight Championship bout: Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber[4]
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller[5]
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Evan Dunham[6]
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Matt Wiman[7]

Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader[8

looks like they are trying to clear up that stacked stacked lightweight division

but seriously, who is jim miller gonna fight?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
rumored ufc 132 bouts

Bantamweight Championship bout: Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber[4]
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller[5]
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Evan Dunham[6]
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Matt Wiman[7]

Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader[8

looks like they are trying to clear up that stacked stacked lightweight division

Lightweight would be a perfect division for the UFC to have a tournament in. Are they that against ever doing a tournement again?

Maybe in the future Zuffa could brand Strikeforce as strickly tournaments, and UFC as regular mathces and have guys able to go back and forth depending if they are involved in a specific tourny or not
Old 04-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #14
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jardine is replacing Mike Kyle. Here's his chance to become relevant again, but it's highly likely he'll lose.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #15
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

I believe I read that if Pettis beats Guida, then Pettis gets the shot, but if Guida wins, then Miller gets the shot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: