Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #31
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2011-12 Jazz could play big-man musical chairs

Jazz rookie center Enes Kanter is considering playing professional ball in China next season if the NBA lockout persists. Kanter's agent, Max Ergul, told The Salt Lake Tribune on Friday that his client has official offers from two Chinese teams. Ergul does not want Kanter to miss another year of basketball, and he will seriously weigh the offers if the lockout stretches into late September. "It's very interesting stuff," said Ergul, who said he could not reveal the names of the clubs because details of the negotiations are still confidential. "We'll be entertaining those ideas as well as the lockout progresses. He's a ballplayer ó he has to play." Salt Lake Tribune
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #32
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Mete Aktas: Collective response: Enes Kanter, does not think playing in Turkey and Europe during the lockout. China will be his probably Destination League. Twitter

Mete Aktas: It's true Anas Kanter has China offers. Offers also very serious ... Twitter
Old 07-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #33
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Be interesting to see how Kanter goes if he does end up playing in China. Certainly can't hurt him to get another year of development in before he plays NBA if the entire season ends up cancelled.

I wonder if Favors has any plans to go overseas?
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #34
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Makes more sense for Kanter than anyone after not playing all last year.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #35
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Jazz forward Derrick Favors isn't going anywhere.

Favors' agent, Wallace Prather, said Monday that his client currently has no intention of playing in Europe or China during the NBA lockout.

ďNot a chance Ö as of now,Ē Prather said.

Agent Mark Bartelstein said that playing overseas during the lockout is an option for former Jazz guard Earl Watson, but a move is not imminent.
Watson would definitely consider an offer, but it'd have to be a good deal that fits into his NBA future.

The 10-year veteran averaged 4.3 points and 3.5 assists last season in 80 games (13 starts) for the Jazz.

Watson, 32, has expressed interest in re-signing with Utah next season. He will be an unrestricted free agent once the lockout ends.

Brian T. Smith
Old 08-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #36
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Are you considering options with other NBA teams? I will consider any option, but Utah still have priority. Iíve spent ten years with this team, it feels like my home. Sometimes I meet American fans and at first they say to me: ęHey, why donít you move to our team?Ľ But then they go like: ęHmm, listen, it will be some kind of a strange thing, we canít imagine you out of Utah, and you are associated with them onlyĽ. It will be also hard to switch teams from my familyís point of view who have got used to this city, we have settled well there. Even if there will be an offer from a contender, such as the Lakers or Boston, it would be quite hard to come there when everything is ready. There is a difference between going all the way with the team and joining is a team who are already prepared to battle for the title. I would get more excited, if I won the league with Utah. The ring isnít an end in itself for me. In situations like that everybody is happy, but you understand: ęDamn, thereís still something wrong about itĽ. Sports.ru

Are you are going to continue your career in Europe? Andrei Kirilenko: Itís mostly out of my hands and depends on the teams that would like to have me in their squad and are ready to make an offer. I wouldnít like to lose my shape if the lockout lasts for a long time. Now I feel well, by the time the European championship starts we will be at our peak Ė and it would be embarrassing to stop playing right afterwards. Even if you train constantly, itís not the same thing. Where will I play? Most likely, in Russia. Iím only interested in two teams: CSKA Moscow and Spartak St. Petersburg. Iím highly respectful of all the others, but I began my career at Spartak and played for CSKA, so it will be logical if I play for them. Sports.ru

How can Spartak St. Petersburg attract Andrey Kirilenko? They wonít even play in the EuroLeague. Andrei Kirilenko: I donít care about the European cups at all; itís my native team, thatís it. If I returned to play in Russia, I would do that with my native team, not the one that has bigger ambitions and wants to win something. Anyway, I will try to make it so that my team would play as good as possible. But I will repeat, nothing is clear yet, now itís all at еру negotiations stage, a lot of options have to be taken into account. Even without a contract, I am still in the NBA system, and itís a little bit hard for the teams to sign a player knowing that he will leave in 2 or 3 months. Sports.ru

Spanish football player Joseba Etxeberria came back to Athletic Bilbao to play for free. Would you agree to that for the sake of your native team? Andrei Kirilenko: Such things happen, when a playerís career is in decline. I can only one say one thing: money is not that important. If Spartak-Primorye [a Vladivostok-based club Ė Sports.ru] approached me and said: ęAndrey, weíll give you 10 million a year, come play for us,Ľ I would think it over three hundred times. Because money isnít the only thing that matters. Itís too far for my family, it would be inconvenient for me, my children would have to get used to a new school, I would feel uncomfortable with constant flights to and fro, I donít want to live away from my family... So, you see, thatís what I meant when a spoke about a lot of finer points.Ľ Sports.ru

Do you still have a motivation or youíre already done? (фанат баскетбола) Andrei Kirilenko: Of course, I have! Speaking about basketball, I think I have enough gasoline to go for another 3 or 4 years. After that my physical conditions wonít allow me to match the level. Iíve already started noticing it. I need additional efforts to play in defense. It used to be easy, but now I feel I need to force myself to train more. I never did it until I turned 25, maybe, on some rare occasions. But now I understand that if I donít train today, tomorrow I will simply stop running at some moment. Sports.ru

What is most amusing trophy on this shelf at your place? Andrei Kirilenko: There is a cup which, to tell the truth, I have stolen. CSKA were taking part in the Real Madrid Cup in Spain. We defeated the hosts and as I was the youngest in the team, Sergey Panov gave the huge cup to me, telling that I ought to carry it and then pass it to him personally when we arrive at the hotel. However, later he forgot about it and I took the cup to my place. Then we agreed that I should bring it to the training, but this time my memory let me down. So itís still standing in my house. Sports.ru
Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #37
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
The general manager of a Turkish professional team denied reports Saturday that his club was ote]pursuing veteran Utah Jazz center Memo Okur.

Aydin Ors told Salsabasket.net, a basketball web site in Turkey, that Istanbul-based Fenerbahce Ulker did not plan to sign any new players.

Earlier in the day, the web site MixBasket reported Fenerbahce Ulker and Okur were negotiating a one-year contract, which would include an opt-out clause in case the NBA lockout is settled.

Attempts to contact Okur's agent, Marc Fleisher, were unsuccessful.

Since being taken in the second round of the 2001 draft by Detroit, Okur has played nine NBA seasons, including the last seven in Utah.

A native of Yalova, Turkey, Okur has averaged 13.7 points and 7.1 points in 617 games in his career.

He played on the Pistons' NBA championship team in 2004 and represented the Jazz in the 2007 All-Star Game.

Okur, who turned 32 in May, played only 13 games last season after rupturing his Achilles tendon in the first round of the 2010 playoffs against Denver.

He has one year and $10.9 million remaining on his contract with the Jazz.

-- Steve Luhm

Too bad. Maybe that could have turned into a buyout once(if) the NBA starts up.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #39
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Brian T. Smith: Williams said Mehmet Okur might briefly join him in Turkey. Said he's fine being a one-man show without Kobe. Twitter

Brian T. Smith: Jazz's Miles said he's open to playing overseas if lockout drags on but it's not likely. In contract year and has too much at stake. Twitter

Be great if Okur went and it led to them getting rid of him for good. CJ should consider it regardless of if he gets an NBA out in his contract or not. He needs to play and it would be agreat opportunity for him and his game would fit well in Europe certainly.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #40
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:

Aug 28, 2011 | Salt Lake Tribune

Paul Millsap will be inducted into the Louisiana Tech Hall of Fame.

If they are smart enough not to trade him he might be hanging from the rafters in Nuclear Waste arena someday too。

Old 09-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #41
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8243

Kind of stupid for him not to wait til he's 100%.Maybe they'll b abl to void his contract!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #42
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Jazz forward Jeremy Evans leads the Impact Basketball League in blocks (seven), ranks second in rebounds (12) and is averaging 4.0 points on 80-percent shooting from the field after two games.

Evans' Group B team is scheduled to take on a Group C team led by Phoenix's Jared Dudley at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Las Vegas.

Brian T. Smith
Old 09-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #43
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...anchampionship
Old 09-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #44
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/52...eague.html.csp
Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #45
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Jazz forward Derrick Favors and center Al Jefferson are working out at Peak Performance Project in Santa Barbara, Calif., Favors' agent Wallace Prather said Thursday.

Utah forward Jeremy Evans said that he might join Favors and Jefferson after Evans finishes his run in the Impact Basketball League in Las Vegas.

Evans thought that Jazz guard Devin Harris would also be at P3. However, a representative for Harris said that he is staying in Dallas.

Brian T. Smith
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: