Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
griffmoney1784
Banned

griffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default what the entire world sees is different than what jalen rose was saying

jalen wasnt saying "a rich black family is bad" or "going to a good school is wrong" or "choosing a better school and speaking well is being an uncle tom"

what jalen meant by "selling out" was

you're choosing to go to a school that is racist towards poor black people like me. go anywhere but duke. because black people who are less fortunate arnt envited.

it has nothing to do with him saying black people shouldnt have money, good families

it has everything to do with him saying black people with money and good families shouldnt go with a racist idea and promote it.

and grant hill continued the tradition of racist culture by going there
griffmoney1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: what the entire world sees is different than what jalen rose was saying

I'm reporting you and leaving a message that says to admin please do not allow this poster to be apart of this bball community anymore.

I reccommend my fellow posters to not reply to this thread. Just report and leave admin a message why.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: what the entire world sees is different than what jalen rose was saying

Totally agree.

It's not like Michigan is chopped liver either. They're an elite school as well, but they happen to be more "accepting" of minorities than Duck University.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
griffmoney1784
Banned

griffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm reporting you and leaving a message that says to admin please do not allow this poster to be apart of this bball community anymore.

I reccommend my fellow posters to not reply to this thread. Just report and leave admin a message why.

lol atleast do it when im trolling

reporting this would be usless. like your D**ck
Old 03-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
jalen wasnt saying "a rich black family is bad" or "going to a good school is wrong" or "choosing a better school and speaking well is being an uncle tom"

what jalen meant by "selling out" was

you're choosing to go to a school that is racist towards poor black people like me. go anywhere but duke. because black people who are less fortunate arnt envited.

it has nothing to do with him saying black people shouldnt have money, good families

it has everything to do with him saying black people with money and good families shouldnt go with a racist idea and promote it.

and grant hill continued the tradition of racist culture by going there

nah......I agree with the first part but

I think duke was what the celtics were in the 1980s....and outside of new england and perhaps the casual fan who identified with a white guy (Bird)playing at the absolute highest levels of a predominately Black sport.... nobody liked the Celtics...

don't think people think of duke as racist... but lot of people(of every race) view certain schools as elitist....The basketball team and coach were the public faces of Duke for most of the country...so...

I've mentioned this a bunch of times and nobody has addressed it....

Duke Georgetown have similar academics.... don't you think the playing styles and personas of the basketball teams and the coaches have more to do with some of these public perceptions than anything else

people have avoided THAT topic like the plague
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
griffmoney1784
Banned

only in america can a black man stand up and say something is racist... PROVE its racist

then look bad because of it

the entire white based majority media is focusing all their energy on making rose look bad. when he just exposed duke for being one of the most racist organisations in the history of sports/education/business

and im white saying this
Old 03-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Mor'Fiyah has decent reputationMor'Fiyah has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
nah......I agree with the first part but

I think duke was what the celtics were in the 1980s....and outside of new england and perhaps the casual fan who identified with a white guy (Bird)playing at the absolute highest levels of a predominately Black sport.... nobody liked the Celtics...

don't think people think of duke as racist... but lot of people(of every race) view certain schools as elitist....The basketball team and coach were the public faces of Duke for most of the country...so...

I've mentioned this a bunch of times and nobody has addressed it....

Duke Georgetown have similar academics.... don't you think the playing styles and personas of the basketball teams and the coaches have more to do with some of these public perceptions than anything else

people have avoided THAT topic like the plague

Duke and Gerogetown have completely different racial identities. Georgetown is right smack dab in the middle of one of the more diverse and black cities in the US. Its student body also better reflects this than Duke.
Mor'Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
Duke and Gerogetown have completely different racial identities. Georgetown is right smack dab in the middle of one of the more diverse and black cities in the US. Its student body also better reflects this than Duke.

nah...probably similar % of all ethnic groups....in fact...as a Catholic University,G town might have less % of Blacks than Duke.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
griffmoney1784
Banned

the bottom line is "duke got exposed"

why arnt they getting hated on by the same media thats hating on rose?
Old 03-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
only in america can a black man stand up and say something is racist... PROVE its racist

then look bad because of it

the entire white based majority media is focusing all their energy on making rose look bad. when he just exposed duke for being one of the most racist organisations in the history of sports/education/business

and im white saying this
I agree with this.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Mor'Fiyah has decent reputationMor'Fiyah has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
nah...probably similar % of all ethnic groups....in fact...as a Catholic University,G town might have less % of Blacks than Duke.

Actually I think you are right on that one. Forgot that it was Catholic...
Mor'Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
get these NETS
you can't stop me

no doubt, Mor.

=====================
have a few questions for Griff.but any sports fan is welcome to answer.

follow college football?
know who Ty willingham is?
know why the notre dame football job might be THE most difficult in sports?
Coach K and Coach Willingham had the same recruiting challenges, what do you think they are?
Old 03-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

that's not even what he was saying but the topic has been beat to death and I don't see why you started another one.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Another Jalen Rose thread? Really?

He hasn't been this talked about since his second season in Denver.

To delete or not to delete... That is the question.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

It wasn't even that serious...Grant Hill is a p*ssy for taking it so seriously.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: