Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #61
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation
Default Re: Will McGrady, Carter, and Billups make the Hall of Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
I thought Carter did dunk again after making that statement when he was still playing for the Raptors

EDIT: now im 100% sure he did dunk. He had a alley oop and a big 1 handed dunk 1 or 2 games after he made that statement. He was obviously just joking around

Ignore those ignorant Vince haters. He was joking around, he actually SAID that it was just a joke the very next day.

And, only idiot Vince haters think he stopped trying in 05. Dude, had a very underrated stint at New Jersey. Any nets fan will tell you how good he was for that team. He gets a standing ovation every time he goes back.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #62
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended
McGrady, yes.

Carter, no.

Billups, yes especially if he manages to win some more championships in New York.

Discuss.

I don't think either of those guys will enter Hall of Fame.

Maybe Billups after he wins multiple championships in New York
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #63
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Billups yes.

I wouldn't vote for the other two.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #64
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
And, only idiot Vince haters think he stopped trying in 05. Dude, had a very underrated stint at New Jersey. Any nets fan will tell you how good he was for that team. He gets a standing ovation every time he goes back.
He went from 16 ppg on 41% as a Raptor to 27.5 on 46% as a Net. If you can't see that his effort sucked then the only idiot here would be you. He hasn't pulled a stunt that pathetic since he left Toronto but once is definitely bad enough.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #65
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

It's actually rly interesting because it will show what they feel is important in getting in the HOF. Carter and McGrady obviously have great individual accolades, while Billups has been winning duh

I think that there's a chance they all make it, but considering Billups went to 8 (mayb it was 7) consecutive conference finals (and 2 straight finals, winning one with the finals mvp award), he should get in.

But I think it's still too early to tell for McGrady and Carter, both have a chance to get in because they were so dominant and fun to watch, but they still have a couple of years left on their careers (and I could see both ring chasing). I think TMac said he wants to play 5 more years, which if he does can have a big impact on if he gets in or not. And I could see one of them (more likely Carter) signing with Chicago next summer (and TMac possibly with Miami or LA), so both will have chances to prove they can win.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #66
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Mcgrady? no way, no way for Carter either. Billups is a winner so I say yes.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #67
Disaprine
I'm with whateva

Disaprine is a pretty well-respected posterDisaprine is a pretty well-respected posterDisaprine is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
carter - yes because of allstar/all nba's

billups - yes because of finals mvp/allstars

mcgrady - yes because of allstar/all nba's

all three have to make it... doesnt take allot to make the HOF... and worse players have made it
griffmoney is actually right about something.
Disaprine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #68
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He went from 16 ppg on 41% as a Raptor to 27.5 on 46% as a Net. If you can't see that his effort sucked then the only idiot here would be you. He hasn't pulled a stunt that pathetic since he left Toronto but once is definitely bad enough.

Sorry I meant, AFTER 05, cause the other dude said he hasn't tried since 05, so I was just commenting on that.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #69
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Billups being a top 5 or 10 PG for 9 years straight.

he was even in the All NBA 2nd team before i think.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #70
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Mcgrady? no way, no way for Carter either. Billups is a winner so I say yes.
Are you kidding me? Vince Carter is one of the most talented basketball players of all time.. he averaged 28/6/4 on 46%FG in the toughest defensive era and has averaged 30/7/5 for whole playoff stints in NJ.. What a joke. He was an absolute beast and was clutch as hell in his prime with NJ. And he's got claim to being the best dunker of all time including easily the best dunk contest performance ever. People just hate on vince because he ever won(he never had the teams for it) and because they follow all the bullshit stereotypes associated with him.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: