Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #31
YAK
I airball my layups

YAK has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Will McGrady, Carter, and Billups make the Hall of Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Let's keep in mind Vince was a pretty good player at UNC.

Yakkity Yak
YAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #32
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
His NBA prime alone was damn near a decade. 20/5/5 or near it consistently is HOF calibur.
I agree I was just saying its the basketball hof, not nba hof. I don't thinkANY of them makes first ballots. but third or so def.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #33
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAK
Here is one for the youngsters - Latrell Sprewell was a better player than Carter. Sprewell could score like him, but was also an elite defender. Most importantly, when the going got tough his testicles increased in size and he took the game on, compared to Carter who went through a gender change under pressure.

He wasn't better. He got Golden State to the playoffs once. By the time he was a Knick, he was struggling to shoot 40% from the field most of the time. And don't get me started on his All-NBA 1st team in '94.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #34
YAK
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
His NBA prime alone was damn near a decade. 20/5/5 or near it consistently is HOF calibur.

Stats dont cut it alone. See Bernard King.

Yakkity Yak
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #35
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I agree I was just saying its the basketball hof, not nba hof. I don't thinkANY of them makes first ballots. but third or so def.

Well yeah. College and even international play can get you in. McGrady definitely won't be in first ballot. Carter may not be either, but he has a better shot of a first ballot nomination than T-Mac.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #36
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAK
Stats dont cut it alone. See Bernard King.

Yakkity Yak

King should be in. His offensive efficiency was insane.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #37
YAK
I airball my layups

World B Free - another player better than Carter not in the Hall.
Carter simply did not do enough.

As for Sprewell, its an easy choice for who was the most effective basketball player when it mattered most which has great bearing on HOF than dunks per regular season game.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #38
D.J.
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAK
World B Free - another player better than Carter not in the Hall.
Carter simply did not do enough.

As for Sprewell, its an easy choice for who was the most effective basketball player when it mattered most which has great bearing on HOF than dunks per regular season game.

Free has one All-NBA nomination. Even Carter has more than that. Free was no better than Carter. He was no more efficient. There was nothing he did that put him above Carter.

And Carter solely being a dunker. Carter hads had multiple seasons of one block a game or more and 40%+ from downtown.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #39
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Carter makes it in my book just on the basis of being the greatest dunker in the history of the NBA.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #40
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let's not pretend that sprewell's numbers are keeping him out of the hall. it's his actions see:rodman.

Last edited by Rose : 03-18-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #41
Mark Madsen
Banned

Mark Madsen has not been impressing people

All of them make it
Mark Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:50 AM   #42
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

McGrady - No
Carter - Yes
Billups - Yes
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 AM   #43
fefe
Local High School Star

fefe has decent reputationfefe has decent reputation

When discussing Carter, you all tend to forget that he was the best player and scoring leader of the Olympic gold medal winner squad in Sidney in 2000.
That alone puts him in the HOF. That's just as big, if not bigger than Chancey's Finals MVP.
Most probably he will crack the top 30 in the NBA all-time scoring list when he retires...
And on a side-note he is the greatest dunker in history.

T-Mac had a really nice carrier as well. His main arguement is being a 2 times scoring champion. He was dominant in his prime. He will get in as well.

Billups is pretty different to these two guys.
His carrier stats are really not that nice.
He has wins, but he was just not a very special player. Carrier averages of 15 points and 5 assist from a PG are not very good.
Even his best statistical seasons aren't anything special.
All he has is his championship rings and the finals MVP...
Still, I beleive he will make the HOF...
fefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #44
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

yes yes and yes
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #45
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

World B Free bettr than VC? Come on what's next, Otis Birdsong and Sleepy Floyd were better too.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: