Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #16
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

i dont understand why they would switch mid season. Players worked all off season with this ball, now they have to adjust mid season.

I think it should have been done for next year.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #17
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Will Kwame be able to catch the old ball?
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
i dont understand why they would switch mid season. Players worked all off season with this ball, now they have to adjust mid season.

If you all remember, the players union went on the attack... Stern backed down.. which was the right thing to do and also means the players union's argument had merits.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #19
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease

I don't think it will be a problem, just like the new ball wasn't really a that big of a problem. I am surprised that they aren't going to wait, but they are NBA players, they should be fine.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #20
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

I finally got my hands on one of those new balls last week. I hated it immediately. good move for a change.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #21
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Bunch of overpaid crybabies.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #22
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Will Kwame be able to catch the old ball?

prob not.. the lakers are gonna go back to before. Luke wont be able to shoot and Kwame wont be able to catch the ball. Its a sad day in Lakerland
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #23
Laker Logic
I hit open 5-footers

Laker Logic has decent reputationLaker Logic has decent reputation

Be interesting to see what happens to turnovers across the league.
Laker Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stephen A Smith made a good point. Stern gives the players the ball. He now hs fans/players talkin about that and overlookin the fact he doesnt CARE about giving in to the ball issue. What he wont give in is the refs slapping players quickly for verbal harrassment during a game. THAT is what he cares about and he will fight tooth and nail to keep that rule in effect and enforced.

So while everyone screaming YIPPEE for the new ball, that is the least of the problems. Stern threw u a bone and you're happy but you ignore the crappy yard you play in.

Stern wins again.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #25
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

They pulled it quicker than New Coke.

New Coke > Micro Fiber Ball
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #26
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

No more crazy shooters bounces.

I'm more excited because the nets will swoosh like they are supposed to now.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #27
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Stephen A Smith made a good point. Stern gives the players the ball. He now hs fans/players talkin about that and overlookin the fact he doesnt CARE about giving in to the ball issue. What he wont give in is the refs slapping players quickly for verbal harrassment during a game. THAT is what he cares about and he will fight tooth and nail to keep that rule in effect and enforced.

So while everyone screaming YIPPEE for the new ball, that is the least of the problems. Stern threw u a bone and you're happy but you ignore the crappy yard you play in.

Stern wins again.
That is the truth.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #28
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

"?So while everyone screaming YIPPEE for the new ball, that is the least of the problems. Stern threw u a bone and you're happy but you ignore the crappy yard you play in.

Stern wins again."

You WANT to see your players energy get pointlessely wasted in a no-win argument? ... let a coach work the refs...
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #29
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
"?So while everyone screaming YIPPEE for the new ball, that is the least of the problems. Stern threw u a bone and you're happy but you ignore the crappy yard you play in.

Stern wins again."

You WANT to see your players energy get pointlessely wasted in a no-win argument? ... let a coach work the refs...
Agreed....the quick T's are pretty much a thing of the past now anyway. Players don't complain as much, and when they do, they don't have a crybaby fit in the middle of court.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #30
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

You can bet that the ONLY reason they are switching back is because of the cuts players are getting. In the end it's just a ball and any effect on gameplay itself is minimal at best. I wouldn't be surprised if Spalding addresses the cutting issue and the new ball(an improved version) is back as soon as next season.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: