Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #31
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Default Re: Magic Johnson calls out Kobe: "6-20 by kobe, did kobe practice after mavs game too?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabis
Hope he doesn't have a string of poor games, because all the message board docs will be out, telling us how devastating his injury is...Kobe already made a comment..."I though my season was over"....ok dude....whatever

so now you calling Kobe a liar. this forum is so filled with abject hatred for this man
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #32
az00m
bet purple 3/05/11

Default Re: Magic Johnson calls out Kobe: "6-20 by kobe, did kobe practice after mavs game too?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
What did Jordan say? I thought he has always said good things about Kobe?

Kobe is a top 10 "guard" of all time.
az00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #33
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

As a lakers fan this is hard for me. I have only seen Magics games on ESPN classic but have seen Kobe's entire career unfold first hand.

My first impression of Kobe I was like 8 years old and it was his playoff game against Utah where he airballed 3 potential game winners, I remember yelling at the screen and I wished Eddie Jones had taken those shots, I thought Eddie Jones was our best player and at the end of the game I started crying and asking my dad why Kobe did that. So from the beginning I was against Kobe, and I held a grudge against him until game 7 vs Portland that he ever won me over.

Magic in the finals has always been clutch, and has more historic shots than Kobe ever had in the finals. But then of course every Magic game I have seen, because he was on ESPN classic, are his greatest games. I dont know how he played regular season or how consistent he was.

Because I grew up with Kobe my whole life I will have to call him the greatest Laker ever, I would have given it to Shaq if he hadn't gone to the Celtics, I can never forgive that abject betrayal. But Magic is more iconic and would have definately won more titles if his career wasnt cut short from aids.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #34
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball Dirk
This. Because it makes his accomplishments seem greater and is a handy excuse when he plays bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlrC...eature=related

Fake injury, you guys are pathetic
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #35
az00m
bet purple 3/05/11

The greatest players to wear a laker jersey is def wilt and kareem.

The greatest laker is between kobe and magic.
az00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #36
prodnus
Pounding down low

Even if he was joking, Magic does have a point.
prodnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #37
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu

in good fun or taking a shot?

edit: looks like he deleted it now. hmmm..

Well played Magic I had a similar thought during the game.
dynasty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #38
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlrC...eature=related

Fake injury, you guys are pathetic

Kobe is arguably the best player ever at playing through injuries while maintaining a high level.

Not sure who has ever done more in this regard. Iverson was great. Dirk has been great.

Questioning Kobe's toughness is beyond idiotic. The dude also never makes excuses after the game either. Kobe could care less about having an injury excuse.

In his mind he probably thinks he'll play better for some reason with the injury and he holds himself to that standard. Dude could give a shit if he has an excuse....
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #39
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbelly
... Bulls fans think rose will escape this one. Once he wins the MVP, his file will be officially opened for scrutiny.

Rose doesn't shoot contested 28 footers.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #40
Timofey Mozgov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
Kobe is arguably the best player ever at playing through injuries while maintaining a high level.

Not sure who has ever done more in this regard. Iverson was great. Dirk has been great.

Questioning Kobe's toughness is beyond idiotic. The dude also never makes excuses after the game either. Kobe could care less about having an injury excuse.

In his mind he probably thinks he'll play better for some reason with the injury and he holds himself to that standard. Dude could give a shit if he has an excuse....
I guess you didn't read his postgame after the Miami game. He was blaming the refs.
Timofey Mozgov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #41
LA KB24
LAL|LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
At least they acknowledge him. They never hand out praise for LeBron James. It's weird as ****.
Uhm Magic always flip flops between LeBron and Kobe for best player in the L.

I love/respect Magic as a player and what he has done for us... but I can't stand him as an analyst. Dude backpedals so much.
LA KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #42
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofey Mozgov
I guess you didn't read his postgame after the Miami game. He was blaming the refs.

Not for the loss. He just said he got fouled on the three.

Kobe doesn't make excuses. I have problems with how he plays often, but questioning his toughness is idiotic.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #43
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu

in good fun or taking a shot?

edit: looks like he deleted it now. hmmm..
Does Magic secretly hate Kobe because he's about to become the greatest Laker of al time? He seems to be taking secret shots and Kobe but he won't admit and smiles when questioned.

Ima say he's joking, after all Kobe was hurt. Can't diss him like dat
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #44
Timofey Mozgov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
Not for the loss. He just said he got fouled on the three.

Kobe doesn't make excuses. I have problems with how he plays often, but questioning his toughness is idiotic.
It's not about his toughness. If he wasn't tough he'd just sit out. But his injuries are greatly exaggerated so when he has a bad game he can have excuses to fall back on. No player has had more injury-related articles written about him than Kobe Bryant. I mean soon we're gonna see articles saying, "Kobe Bryant breaks a nail...but because he's so tough, he'll be playing in tonight's game!"
Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #45
Timofey Mozgov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Does Magic secretly hate Kobe because he's about to become the greatest Laker of al time? He seems to be taking secret shots and Kobe but he won't admit and smiles when questioned.

Ima say he's joking, after all Kobe was hurt. Can't diss him like dat
Lol, "hurt". Kobe always seems to be "hurt". If he's really hurt, he'd sit out games. People need to stop making excuses for this kid.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: