Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #46
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,197
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I agree.. We could definitely use a better owner! I'm not trying to be cocky or anything.. just saying the bad owner card is way overplayed. Sterling HAS been spending the last 10 years or so. People talk about the talent he let go.. but Quintin Richardson and D Miles wanted more money than they were worth. They had career years in a contract year of course and sucked ass after they left the Clippers for the most part. Anyone worth re signing we have. We even almost nabbed Kobe and Gilbert Arenas as free agents and tried to pitch at Lebron.
Ok.. the one thing I'm gonna just point out...

Where the Clippers have ranked over the past decade in payroll:

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/misc/salaries09.txt

2000-2001 - 29/29
2001-2002 - 29/29
2002-2003 - 29/29
2004-2005 - 24/30
2005-2006 - 25/30
2006-2207 - 23/30
2007-2008 - 19/30
2008-2009 - 29/30
2009-2010 - 25/30
2010-2011 - 27/30

Near the bottom of the league year after hear. He hasn't even hit the median once in 10 years. No, he really has been spending. I mean he has because he has to, but relative to other teams, he's probably spent the least out of any team the last 10 years or close to.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #47
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,736
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Ok.. the one thing I'm gonna just point out...

Where the Clippers have ranked over the past decade in payroll:

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/misc/salaries09.txt

2000-2001 - 29/29
2001-2002 - 29/29
2002-2003 - 29/29
2004-2005 - 24/30
2005-2006 - 25/30
2006-2207 - 23/30
2007-2008 - 19/30
2008-2009 - 29/30
2009-2010 - 25/30
2010-2011 - 27/30

Near the bottom of the league year after hear. He hasn't even hit the median once in 10 years. No, he really has been spending. I mean he has because he has to, but relative to other teams, he's probably spent the least out of any team the last 10 years or close to.

You're not accounting for a couple major factors. We dumped cap to go after Kobe and Lebron and didn't get either. Also most of those years.. players didn't WANT to play for the Clippers so attracting free agents isn't easy. Then you have to factor players walking because they wanted more money than they were worth. It's not all black and white. As I said.. we haven't let ANYONE worth keeping go in the last decade really. I wasn't happy we let Darius Miles and Q Rich walk.. but they wanted a lot of money that they didn't deserve. Corey Maggette we let walk because we had Al Thornton who was coming up. Elton Brand we offered before anyone else.. but he took less money to go to Philly. See what I'm saying?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #48
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,197
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Team/Salary per year

PG
A.Brooks* - Phoenix - 7m
R.Stuckey* - Detroit - 6m
D.West - Boston - 3m
Dragic* - Houston - 4m


SG
A.Afflalo* - Denver - 8m
N.Young* - Washington - 7m
J.Richardson - Indiana - 7m
J.Crawford - Sacramento - 6m
JR Smith - NJ - 5m
M.Belinelli* - NOH - 5m
Thornton* - Sacramento - 5m
VC - LAC - 4m


SF
J.Green* - Boston - 10m
W.Chandler* - Denver - 8m
T.Young* - Philly - 7m
AK-47 - NJ - 6m
C.Butler - Dallas - 6m
T.Prince - GS - 6m
Dunleavy - Indy - 3m
Josh Howard - ??
Battier - ??


PF
Z.Randolph - Memphis - 12
D.West - Indy - 11
G.Davis - ??
K.Humphries - NJ - 6m
C.Landry - NOH - 5m
Jerebko - Detroit - 4m
McRoberts - ??
E.Clark - Orlando - 4m
K.Martin - ??


C
M.Gasol* - Memphis - 11m
T.Chandler - Sacramento - 9m
D.Jordan* - LAC - 8m
Dalembert - Miami - 6m
Nene (PO) - Denver - 10m
G.Oden* - Portland - 5m
C.Hayes - Houston - 5m
Krstic - Boston - 3m
Yao - retire
Hawes*- Philly - 4m
Pryzbilla - Charlotte - 4m
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #49
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,736
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Team/Salary per year

PG
A.Brooks* - Phoenix - 7m
R.Stuckey* - Detroit - 6m
D.West - Boston - 3m
Dragic* - Houston - 4m


SG
A.Afflalo* - Denver - 8m
N.Young* - Washington - 7m
J.Richardson - Indiana - 7m
J.Crawford - Sacramento - 6m
JR Smith - NJ - 5m
M.Belinelli* - NOH - 5m
Thornton* - Sacramento - 5m
VC - LAC - 4m


SF
J.Green* - Boston - 10m
W.Chandler* - Denver - 8m
T.Young* - Philly - 7m
AK-47 - NJ - 6m
C.Butler - Dallas - 6m
T.Prince - GS - 6m
Dunleavy - Indy - 3m
Josh Howard - ??
Battier - ??


PF
Z.Randolph - Memphis - 12
D.West - Indy - 11
G.Davis - ??
K.Humphries - NJ - 6m
C.Landry - NOH - 5m
Jerebko - Detroit - 4m
McRoberts - ??
E.Clark - Orlando - 4m
K.Martin - ??


C
M.Gasol* - Memphis - 11m
T.Chandler - Sacramento - 9m
D.Jordan* - LAC - 8m
Dalembert - Miami - 6m
Nene (PO) - Denver - 10m
G.Oden* - Portland - 5m
C.Hayes - Houston - 5m
Krstic - Boston - 3m
Yao - retire
Hawes*- Philly - 4m
Pryzbilla - Charlotte - 4m

Great list only ones I'd disagree with are Oden and Nene. Portland has already pretty much said they are going to let Oden go.. and Nene wants out of Denver sources have said.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #50
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,197
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Great list only ones I'd disagree with are Oden and Nene. Portland has already pretty much said they are going to let Oden go.. and Nene wants out of Denver sources have said.
I feel like I've heard the exact opposite.

I've heard Portland plans to offer Oden the qualifying offer, which means they could match any offer. Plus I know they were hesitant to pull the trigger on a Harris + Murphy for Miller + Oden swap since they did not want to include Oden, and NJ wouldn't do the deal without Oden. Thankfully.. they didn't.

As for Denver, I think their was a speculative report that Nene may bolt, but I think he has instead shot down those rumors.
http://www.denverpost.com/dempsey/ci_17294009
Quote:
Nene wants to stay in Denver. He said as much in no uncertain terms just 10 days ago.

"I want to stay here," he said. "I have friends, I have family. All the fans have been supportive; they've been good to me."
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #51
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,736
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
I feel like I've heard the exact opposite.

I've heard Portland plans to offer Oden the qualifying offer, which means they could match any offer. Plus I know they were hesitant to pull the trigger on a Harris + Murphy for Miller + Oden swap since they did not want to include Oden, and NJ wouldn't do the deal without Oden. Thankfully.. they didn't.

As for Denver, I think their was a speculative report that Nene may bolt, but I think he has instead shot down those rumors.
http://www.denverpost.com/dempsey/ci_17294009


I remember Nene giving Denver a wishlist before the trade deadline and talking about a fresh start?? Maybe he was just overwhelmed with the Melo trade crap.

Btw Oden was definitely on the trade block for a while.. so maybe this is a typical conflicting reports type deal?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #52
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,197
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Melo_MVP,

Are you DWade3 or something, copying people's threads or something?
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #53
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 19,144
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Depending on what SF the Clippers can get in return for Kaman, I wouldn't mind doing that, trying to dump Gomes somewhere, retaining Jordan and signing Dalembert to come off the bench. Let's say, the Grizzlies end up losing Gasol and are in a panic mode. They S&T Battier, along with Mayo and Tony Allen (if they view him as a bad contract, no clue on that) for Kaman and Gomes. Kaman is an ex-All Star that is also an expiring contract so the Grizzlies really don't lose cap space unless they wish to retain him and he has worked well with Z-Bo in the past (this is assuming they keep Z-Bo). Gomes is just a glue guy off the bench that can replace Battier. Clippers then role with:

Mo Will - Bledsoe - Warren
Gordon - Foye
Battier - Aminu
Blake - Rhino - Cook
Jordan - Sammy D

+2nd round picks.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy