Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #31
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Brand, Quintin Richardson, Darius Miles and Odom had NOTHING on this current crew in terms of young talent and potential. We have like 6 or 7 guys with legit star potential.

Blake
Gordon
Aminu
Bledsoe
DeAndre Jordan
Kaman and Mo Williams both recent All stars

As for attracting free agents.. racist, dumb owner or not... people ARE going to want to play with the extremely talented crew we have. Not to mention LA is a very attractive destination to begin with. Sterling has a much worse reputation than he deserves. Is he a scumbag and a racist? Absolutely. He's not a tyrant on the team though. If anything he's extremely apathetic. He lets our coaches and GM's make all decisions. I'd rather have a Sterling.. who lets the basketball minds like coach make a decision.. than an overbearing owner who has his hand in every decision.

Reason players would come to LA..

1. Play next to Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon.. along with rest of our youngsters
2. 2nd biggest market in pro sports after NY
3. Amazing weather
4. Lots of off the court opportunities like movies and music
5. Young up and coming team likely to contend in the near future
All I'm saying, as a fan of a team often called Clippers East, I wouldn't get my hopes up and keep expectations low. That way you can't get disappointed, and anything more than your expectations would just be an added bonus.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #32
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

PG
R.Stuckey*(resigns) 4 year 20 mill

SG
A.Afflalo*( Resigns) 5 year 35 mill
N.Young* (resigns) 4 year 37 mill
J.Richardson (Boston)
J.Crawford (Orlando)
JR Smith(resigns)
VC (resigns)

SF
J.Green*(Golden State) 5 years 48mill
T.Young*(resigns)
AK-47(Nets)
T.Prince(Nets)
Dunleavy(Dallas)

I'll do the rest later
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #33
Vancouver-Grizz
Where is MOTEN???

Vancouver-Grizz has no real reputation yet.

Hope NY goes after D.Jordan

The dude is a beast when he is on. Good compliment to Amare and I am pretty sure cheap ass Sterling won't match a contract.
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #34
Suckafree
High School Varsity 12th Man

Suckafree has an OK reputation so far

The Bulls NEED to get Afflalo. He just seems like the perfect fit, doesn't he??
Suckafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #35
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
All I'm saying, as a fan of a team often called Clippers East, I wouldn't get my hopes up and keep expectations low. That way you can't get disappointed, and anything more than your expectations would just be an added bonus.

I'm not worried about the Clippers reputation around the league because it's already starting to change. I also AM NOT going to be doubtful or have low expectations just because of previous letdowns man. If that was the case what the hell is the point of being a fan of an underdog team? I'm not a masochist. I do have big expectations for next year.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #36
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz

The dude is a beast when he is on. Good compliment to Amare and I am pretty sure cheap ass Sterling won't match a contract.

Olshey already said he's locking DJ up. Plus DJ's not going to want to try free agency. He's happy with his teammates. Him and Blake are extremely close.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Bulls NEED to get Afflalo. He just seems like the perfect fit, doesn't he??

I just dont see why Denver wouldnt match any offer Chicago presents.

He would be an awesome fit imo.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #38
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I'm not worried about the Clippers reputation around the league because it's already starting to change. I also AM NOT going to be doubtful or have low expectations just because of previous letdowns man. If that was the case what the hell is the point of being a fan of an underdog team? I'm not a masochist. I do have big expectations for next year.
I'm not saying you should be worried about their rep, I'm saying you should keep your expectations reasonable and that includes basing the future off the past.

The Clippers have had talent before, they've had different coaches, different GM's, but one thing has remained constant... Donald Sterling. And I only see one real difference between this team and the squad I listed.. a superstar. Miles, Odom and Brand were extremely talented and hyped, as was even QRich to an extent, so IMO they cancel out Gordon, Jordan, Aminu and Bledsoe.

I hope for your sake that Blake's talent and marketing drive the Clippers to new heights, specifically heights that will change Sterling's' approach to the team. There's a good chance he will, but you have to admit you would probably be even more optimistic and excited about your team if they had a different owner.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No wonder Humphries is producing. Contract year.

Two guys I see staying with their respective teams. Yao Ming and Chandler. Cant predict contracts but I see them staying put for atleast 3 seasons.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #40
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

PG
A.Brooks - Phoenix
R.Stuckey - Utah
D.West - Boston
Dragic - Houston

SG
A.Afflalo - Denver
N.Young - Washington
J.Richardson - Dallas
J.Crawford - Boston
JR Smith - Chicago
M.Belinelli - New Orleans
Thornton - Sacramento
VC - New Jersey

SF
J.Green - Boston
W.Chandler - Cleveland
T.Young - Philadelphia
AK-47 - New Jersey
C.Butler - LA Clippers
T.Prince - Utah
Dunleavy - Philadelphia
Josh Howard - Toronto

PF

Z.Randolph - Milwaukee
D.West - New Jersey
G.Davis - Oklahoma City
K.Humphries - Houston
C.Landry - New Orleans
Jerebko - Detroit
McRoberts - Indiana
E.Clark - Orlando
K.Martin - Denver

C
M.Gasol - Memphis
T.Chandler - Dallas
D.Jordan - New York
Dalembert - Miami
Nene - Denver
G.Oden - Portland
C.Hayes - Houston
Krstic - Boston
Yao - Houston
Hawes - Philadelphia
Pryzbilla - Portland
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #41
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

B]PG[/b]
A.Brooks* 4-MLE
R.Stuckey* Pistons will overpay him so i say 7 or 8 mil
D.West 2
Dragic* 3-4

SG
A.Afflalo* MLE or more
N.Young* 5mil stays with the wizards
J.Richardson 4mil
J.Crawford MLE or more
JR Smith MLE
M.Belinelli*
Thornton* 3-5
VC 4-MLE

SF
J.Green* 7-10
W.Chandler* 7-10
T.Young* MLE - 8mil
AK-47 3-5
C.Butler 7-9
T.Prince 3-5
Dunleavy Vet minimum
Josh Howard 3-5

PF

Z.Randolph 10-12
D.West 7-10
G.Davis MLE
K.Humphries MLE
C.Landry MLE or more
Jerebko no clue
McRoberts MLE
E.Clark 2
K.Martin MLE or less

C
M.Gasol* 7-10
T.Chandler MLE or more
D.Jordan* 4-6
Dalembert Vet min. - 3 signs with the knicks
Nene (PO) PO
G.Oden* 2mil 1year
C.Hayes 3-4
Krstic 2
Yao he will end his career i think
Hawes* 3-4
Pryzbilla 2-3

*=Restricted
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #42
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz

Unless the Knicks can somehow offer 10 mil+ to DeAndre, the Clippers will match.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #43
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I hope miami picks up Kenyon martin or dalembert.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #44
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I would love AK on the Clipps
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #45
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
I'm not saying you should be worried about their rep, I'm saying you should keep your expectations reasonable and that includes basing the future off the past.

The Clippers have had talent before, they've had different coaches, different GM's, but one thing has remained constant... Donald Sterling. And I only see one real difference between this team and the squad I listed.. a superstar. Miles, Odom and Brand were extremely talented and hyped, as was even QRich to an extent, so IMO they cancel out Gordon, Jordan, Aminu and Bledsoe.

I hope for your sake that Blake's talent and marketing drive the Clippers to new heights, specifically heights that will change Sterling's' approach to the team. There's a good chance he will, but you have to admit you would probably be even more optimistic and excited about your team if they had a different owner.

I agree.. We could definitely use a better owner! I'm not trying to be cocky or anything.. just saying the bad owner card is way overplayed. Sterling HAS been spending the last 10 years or so. People talk about the talent he let go.. but Quintin Richardson and D Miles wanted more money than they were worth. They had career years in a contract year of course and sucked ass after they left the Clippers for the most part. Anyone worth re signing we have. We even almost nabbed Kobe and Gilbert Arenas as free agents and tried to pitch at Lebron.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: