Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Predict Where the Following FA's Go + For How Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
C
M.Gasol*
T.Chandler
D.Jordan*
Dalembert
Nene (PO)
G.Oden*
C.Hayes
Krstic
Yao
Hawes*
Pryzbilla

lots of quality bigs going to be on the market

Yup. Problem is Yao and Oden are done.. for their careers most likely. Chandler, Jordan, Krystic, Gasol and Hayes are all pretty much locks to re sign with their teams. So that leaves Pryzbilla, Hawes, Nene and Dalembert pretty much.

DeAndre and Gasol are on 2 up and coming contenders for the future in the West... Hayes loves playing in Houston and Chandler and Krystic play for title contenders.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Greg Oden in the best player there

The team that signs him won't regret it

Boston should try and sign him to a MLE
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Clippers would probably match anything on DJ up to 8 mil per year, I'm hoping they give him a 3/27 or 4/38 contract. Also hope Olshey doesn't overpay for Chandler or Young, I'd prefer to sign Prince or even Battier to play SF, even with the age difference.
I bet LAC just signs Jordan and then doesn't really spend much more. They have to worry about Gordon's extension after next season and considering Sterling is notoriously cheap and you guys are consistently in the bottom 1/3rd for payroll, I wouldn't expect things to change. Also, leaving options open for 2012 isn't a bad idea/good way to spin things if they don't want to spend.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #19
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
Greg Oden in the best player there

The team that signs him won't regret it

Boston should try and sign him to a MLE
Boston is at $65m w/o even resigning Green which they will do since he was the reason they traded Green.
I'm not sure they keep G.Davis let alone make other signings.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #20
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
Yeah, seems like typical Knicks move. They need defensive C and go for Marc, totally can see that
It's better to have Marc than Turiaf/Jeffries

And Marc is at least 7'1.he would bring some size.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #21
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

DJ definitely stays with the Clippers
I'm looking forward to see where Oden and Belinelli end up
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #22
kidd2dwill
I brick open layups

kidd2dwill has decent reputation

AK47 to Nets
kidd2dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
I bet LAC just signs Jordan and then doesn't really spend much more. They have to worry about Gordon's extension after next season and considering Sterling is notoriously cheap and you guys are consistently in the bottom 1/3rd for payroll, I wouldn't expect things to change. Also, leaving options open for 2012 isn't a bad idea/good way to spin things if they don't want to spend.

I disagree that things won't change. They are going to. All of our core is going to be resigned. Part of the reason Olshey cleared cap in the Baron trade was to be able to afford Gordon and DJ's 5 year extensions and still have cap to add depth. Eric Gordon may actually get an extension this offseason btw. It's beneficial to both parties. Eric Gordon gets a deal before CBA cuts salary... and our FO gets him locked up for 5 years.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #24
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I disagree that things won't change. They are going to. All of our core is going to be resigned. Part of the reason Olshey cleared cap in the Baron trade was to be able to afford Gordon and DJ's 5 year extensions and still have cap to add depth. Eric Gordon may actually get an extension this offseason btw. It's beneficial to both parties. Eric Gordon gets a deal before CBA cuts salary... and our FO gets him locked up for 5 years.
Olshey is the GM, Sterling is the owner with the money. Until Sterling is gone, I don't think things will change.

Where the Clippers have ranked over the past decade in payroll:

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/misc/salaries09.txt

2000-2001 - 29/29
2001-2002 - 29/29
2002-2003 - 29/29
2004-2005 - 24/30
2005-2006 - 25/30
2006-2207 - 23/30
2007-2008 - 19/30
2008-2009 - 29/30
2009-2010 - 25/30
2010-2011 - 27/30

LAC has not even hit the median salary level once in the past decade.
I could go back further but I don't think it's needed.

You guys will keep the core.. Gordon, Griffin, Jordan. Anything on top of that is just icing on the cap, but I don't expect much icing.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #25
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Olshey is the GM, Sterling is the owner with the money. Until Sterling is gone, I don't think things will change.

Where the Clippers have ranked over the past decade in payroll:

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/misc/salaries09.txt

2000-2001 - 29/29
2001-2002 - 29/29
2002-2003 - 29/29
2004-2005 - 24/30
2005-2006 - 25/30
2006-2207 - 23/30
2007-2008 - 19/30
2008-2009 - 29/30
2009-2010 - 25/30
2010-2011 - 27/30

LAC has not even hit the median salary level once in the past decade.
I could go back further but I don't think it's needed.

You guys will keep the core.. Gordon, Griffin, Jordan. Anything on top of that is just icing on the cap, but I don't expect much icing.

History is only a good prediction of the future if there is no change. The Clippers have never had 2 franchise players and so much young talent. I've been a Clippers fan 12+ years so I think I would be one of the people who could just tell that this time it's different. The way we are already running the franchise is much different than previous years. Bledsoe and Aminu are going to be re signed as well. I think you and many others will start believing in this franchise next season when we are killing it.

Can't compare these Clippers to any other ones because this is a much deeper, younger.. more talented team than we have ever assembled. We also have a new GM and a pretty good coach. Things are changing.. trust me.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #26
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
History is only a good prediction of the future if there is no change. The Clippers have never had 2 franchise players and so much young talent. I've been a Clippers fan 12+ years so I think I would be one of the people who could just tell that this time it's different. The way we are already running the franchise is much different than previous years. Bledsoe and Aminu are going to be re signed as well. I think you and many others will start believing in this franchise next season when we are killing it.

Can't compare these Clippers to any other ones because this is a much deeper, younger.. more talented team than we have ever assembled. We also have a new GM and a pretty good coach. Things are changing.. trust me.
I see what's happening, but I still see the same cheap, racist owner in place. I can't see free agents flocking to play for him, but I can see you signing all your own players, as long as you guys are under the luxury tax.

I mean that team from the early 2000's had a lot of promise too with Miles, Odom, Brand, Magette, Q.Rich etc. and we saw what happened there. I just really think you need to keep your expectations low, not when it comes to success with the players you have, but rather adding serious amounts of salary with players you don't have.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #27
mcrd101
Good High School Starter

mcrd101 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
You ain't gotta bite my style.

its not a matter of biting your style, its just like mindedness. I would probably double my post count if someone beat me to saying what I intended to say.
mcrd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #28
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
I see what's happening, but I still see the same cheap, racist owner in place. I can't see free agents flocking to play for him, but I can see you signing all your own players, as long as you guys are under the luxury tax.

I mean that team from the early 2000's had a lot of promise too with Miles, Odom, Brand, Magette, Q.Rich etc. and we saw what happened there. I just really think you need to keep your expectations low, not when it comes to success with the players you have, but rather adding serious amounts of salary with players you don't have.

Brand, Quintin Richardson, Darius Miles and Odom had NOTHING on this current crew in terms of young talent and potential. We have like 6 or 7 guys with legit star potential.

Blake
Gordon
Aminu
Bledsoe
DeAndre Jordan
Kaman and Mo Williams both recent All stars

As for attracting free agents.. racist, dumb owner or not... people ARE going to want to play with the extremely talented crew we have. Not to mention LA is a very attractive destination to begin with. Sterling has a much worse reputation than he deserves. Is he a scumbag and a racist? Absolutely. He's not a tyrant on the team though. If anything he's extremely apathetic. He lets our coaches and GM's make all decisions. I'd rather have a Sterling.. who lets the basketball minds like coach make a decision.. than an overbearing owner who has his hand in every decision.

Reason players would come to LA..

1. Play next to Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon.. along with rest of our youngsters
2. 2nd biggest market in pro sports after NY
3. Amazing weather
4. Lots of off the court opportunities like movies and music
5. Young up and coming team likely to contend in the near future

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 03-14-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What do you think you guys will match up to on Thad?
I like him and I imagine King likes him since he drafted for him.

Meanwhile, I don't think Bibby left that much did he? He reached a buyout, so he could have recouped most of that in the buyout and new contract.

Bibby gave up a lil over $6mil. Didnt recieve anything. Just wanted out of Wash because he had 1 year left on his deal there.

I dunno what the Sixers will match up too for Thad. I do know his agent feels Thad is worth $11mil per. Could be agent talk to overprice his client much like you do selling a used car. But anything more than $9mil Sixers better chuck the 2 fingers.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #30
griffmoney1784
Banned

griffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

yao ming to LAL for the min, backup center to bynum... 18mpg
griffmoney1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: