Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #31
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

I agree that Cuban is an idiot for not doing this. Only piece he'd really have to get rid of is Devin Harris??????

AI + Dirk (with Howard) = favorites.

Dallas as is = contenders.

That simple.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I agree that Cuban is an idiot for not doing this. Only piece he'd really have to get rid of is Devin Harris??????

AI + Dirk (with Howard) = favorites.

Dallas as is = contenders.

That simple.

Whats with the avatar? Looks silly.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #33
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Whats with the avatar? Looks silly.

Same guy I had on my last one.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=Search+Images
Old 12-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Ahhhh i see.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #35
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Ahhhh i see.

Sorry about Ivey but in the long run, it's gong to be better for Philly.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #36
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Absolute let down.

IMO, Dirk+AI=multiple titles. And If Cuban isn't willing to let go of Devin fukin Harris to get a top 5 guard, then he's more of an idiot then I thought.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #37
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Absolute let down.

IMO, Dirk+AI=multiple titles. And If Cuban isn't willing to let go of Devin fukin Harris to get a top 5 guard, then he's more of an idiot then I thought.

Agreed. I was getting kind of excited to see that. I just don't get why Cuban wouldn't do this. Is he scared that Iverson won't mesh?

If Iverson is confident in his teammates, I don't think he has any problem giving up the rock. He would sure as hell know he was coming to a team that bore Dirk's stamp.

Therefore, Iverson's desire for a ring + his desire to fit in and not ruffle feathers = an unselfish Iverson.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
Celtics (they have a herd of youngsters and are obviously showcasing Al Jefferson; 29/14 last night, suddenly starting)
Jefferson has to start, all three natural centers are injured, he's now the only healthy true big. Also, the team is trying to win. That's actually a goal, believe it or not.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #39
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Agreed. I was getting kind of excited to see that. I just don't get why Cuban wouldn't do this. Is he scared that Iverson won't mesh?

If Iverson is confident in his teammates, I don't think he has any problem giving up the rock. He would sure as hell know he was coming to a team that bore Dirk's stamp.

Therefore, Iverson's desire for a ring + his desire to fit in and not ruffle feathers = an unselfish Iverson.

If the guy can average 8 dimes a game while being a "ballhog", just imagine what he does when he has a top 5 player paired with him.

I think it'd be a great match and he and Dirk would be the best duo in the league.

Really disappointed right now in Cuban.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #40
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
If the guy can average 8 dimes a game while being a "ballhog", just imagine what he does when he has a top 5 player paired with him.

I think it'd be a great match and he and Dirk would be the best duo in the league.

Really disappointed right now in Cuban.

Maybe he's trying to throw people off the trail...........
Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #41
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Artest is too much of a headcase. One of the great things about the Mavericks is that they don't have any knuckleheads. They're far better off with Josh Howard. He's not as good defensively but still a good defensive player, a better offensive player, and doesn't bring any of Artest's nonsense.

Time out.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #42
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Maybe he's trying to throw people off the trail...........

Its possible. He's done it in the past before some blockbuster trades.

But theres a different feel to Cuban these days. It really feels like his days of free spending are done and I tend to think that he's telling the truth on this one.

Hope to God I'm wrong though.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #43
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cuban isn't totally off-base here. Iverson and Nowitzki looks great on paper but the fact that they made the Finals gives Dallas reason not to fiddle with the line-up too much. They were up 2-0 in the Finals before the team fell apart against Wade.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #44
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Cuban isn't totally off-base here. Iverson and Nowitzki looks great on paper but the fact that they made the Finals gives Dallas reason not to fiddle with the line-up too much. They were up 2-0 in the Finals before the team fell apart against Wade.

They were also a few questionable calls and one fortunate roll of the ball from being ousted by SA in the 2nd round.

And with a motivated SA team this season, who knows if a series would even come down to that.

This move would not only make the Mavs vastly better, but it'd create even MORE matchup problems then they already pose.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #45
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Time out.
It was a dumb play but I'd rather have that than a guy that asks for time off in the season to promote his rap album.
Quote:
They were also a few questionable calls and one fortunate roll of the ball from being ousted by SA in the 2nd round.

And with a motivated SA team this season, who knows if a series would even come down to that.

This move would not only make the Mavs vastly better, but it'd create even MORE matchup problems then they already pose.
I'd bet that SA was also motivated last season. I would personally rate the Spurs over Dallas but the two teams are close, so who can say for sure who is better? What Cuban knows is that his team beat them. Sure it was close, but it's going to be close no matter what, and there's also the possibility that has to be considered that Iverson doesn't mesh well on offense and that the defense he already doesn't play doesn't improve as a Mav. He's not a sure thing, and Dallas is already a Contender. Staying pat makes some sense.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: