Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2006, 06:37 AM   #16
TDMVPDPOY
I brick open layups

TDMVPDPOY has an OK reputation so far

imo cuban is correct, they dont need iverson to win, all they have to do is get pass the spurs, and refs.
TDMVPDPOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #17
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Cuban blows it again.. he trades for Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison, Nick Van Exel but not Rasheed Wallace, Shaq or AI... Cuban is a choker. There's no other way to explain it.

We wanted Mike James desperately this summer ut we don't want Iverson? And we are banking our future on Devin Harris? Lame.

you think Iverson would make the Mavs better.

No wonder everyone slams you round here, I could never figure out why, I guess I never really read your posts.

The Mavs have a team that can win now, why would they falk all that up so AI can take the ball out of Dirk's hands?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:36 AM   #18
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

what happened to the wolves getting iverson?
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:43 AM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriors23
what happened to the wolves getting iverson?

their owner taylor shot it down. said that its money issues and from a money perspective, it aint possible.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #20
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by braden.

Excellent...

The Clippers have a number of pieces they can throw into a trade and I think Chicago is still a possible destination.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Listed below are teams left that "could" be interested.

Dallas Mavericks NO
Houston Rockets NO
Memphis Grizzlies
New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
San Antonio Spurs NO
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers NO
Phoenix Suns NO
Sacramento Kings
Denver Nuggets
Minnesota Timberwolves NO
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle SuperSonics
Utah Jazz NO
Boston Celtics
New Jersey Nets NO
New York Knicks NO
Toronto Raptors
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers NO
Detroit Pistons NO
Indiana Pacers NO
Milwaukee Bucks NO
Atlanta Hawks
Charlotte Bobcats
Miami Heat NO
Orlando Magic NO
Washington Wizards NO
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #22
kurupt
I hit open layups

kurupt has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Cuban blows it again.. he trades for Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison, Nick Van Exel but not Rasheed Wallace, Shaq or AI... Cuban is a choker. There's no other way to explain it.

We wanted Mike James desperately this summer ut we don't want Iverson? And we are banking our future on Devin Harris? Lame.

you missed ron artest, if they'd gotten him last year they wouldve won the finals, now this yeaar they'll lose as well.
kurupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #23
KKKNICKSSS
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KKKNICKSSS has an OK reputation so far

ai > dirk
KKKNICKSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupt
you missed ron artest, if they'd gotten him last year they wouldve won the finals, now this yeaar they'll lose as well.
Artest is too much of a headcase. One of the great things about the Mavericks is that they don't have any knuckleheads. They're far better off with Josh Howard. He's not as good defensively but still a good defensive player, a better offensive player, and doesn't bring any of Artest's nonsense.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #25
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKNICKSSS
ai > dirk
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #26
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Well, I'm kinda let down. I had gotten excited about an Iverson/Dirk pick/roll w/Jet & Josh in each corner spreading the defense and Dampier cleaning up the offensive glass. Like him or not, the one thing Damp is great at, yes GREAT, is offensive rebounding. I had also gotten excited about my favorite player, Devin Harris, being given the keys to a young team (Iggy, Dalembert, Korver, Carney) and allowed to blossom, show his skills. I had really gotten excited about both ends of this deal, a winner for everyone involved. I thought that Harris, Stack, and Croshere was THE deal too. Stack is a low % shooter, Harris is a gutty slasher to the hoop, so you basically get both with Iverson only the guy is much more crafty, experienced, and just plain better. Croshere isnt even a factor here.

But it is apparently not happening. Iverson is one of those players, like Shaq, that you photoshop onto your favorite teams colors and you get excited about him coming to town. I guess the Clippers (Livingston?) or Celtics (they have a herd of youngsters and are obviously showcasing Al Jefferson; 29/14 last night, suddenly starting) will get to enjoy Iverson. Which I dont get the Celtics, they arent contenders even with Iverson/Pierce, it just isnt a great mix. But Iverson/Brand could be NASTY.

We will regret this IMO. I think Iverson has another 5-7 years, even if he regresses from the superguard he is today into a more conventional PG in order to save his legs. I just see him as being one of those guys that plays a LONG, LONG time. He is only 31 years old.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #27
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Plus it is always fun to have my teams raid that towns talent. TO first, then Iverson, maybe we could have gotten Brian Dawkins next year.

Oh well, bummer though.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The End.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #29
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

i thought the team most likely to get him are the Wolves???!!!

if he goes to Boston, Wally's gotta go... again... sad...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
i thought the team most likely to get him are the Wolves???!!!

if he goes to Boston, Wally's gotta go... again... sad...

No he doesnt
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: