Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #16
WildStyle
High School Starter

WildStyle has an OK reputation so far

Not saying they should have won it, because I'm not saying Nash should have won it. But guys who have put up similar or better numbers then Nash's 2 MVP years are Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, John Stockton, Rod Strickland, Isiah Thomas, Stephon Marbury, Gary Payton. That's off the top of my head.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #17
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
lebron and dirk. One of them should have won it.

lebron mvp my ass, 50 wins in the east make you the mvp ?
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #18
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Nash is a top 5 player, he has more impact on the game than Wade, Garnett, Iverson. Where he goes the Suns go.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #19
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, John Stockton, Rod Strickland, Isiah Thomas, Stephon Marbury, Gary Payton.

what's your point though. are they playing now?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #20
WildStyle
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
It is obvious that you can win it but not even be a top 7 player.

lol... only since Nash started winning it.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #21
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets

lebron mvp my ass, 50 wins in the east make you the mvp ?
50 wins is closer to the suns win total than the suns win total was to the mavs so why do those 4 wins preclude lebron from winning but the mavs 6 more wins AND dirks better individual season dont give it to him.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

That's ridiculous. There's no way that Nash was not a top 5 player over the past two years. His stats support this, his team record supports this, and actually watching him play supports this. He gets it done, all year long - It's just hard for people to comprehend that he peaked so late in his career.

I think his detractors are still looking at his stats and results from five years ago instead of confronting reality.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #23
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

its hilarious the hypocrisy you have to use to argue nash for mvp. Lebron cant win it because nashs team won 4 more games. 4 whole games.

But dirks team won 6 more games than nashs? Ummmm Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #24
WildStyle
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
what's your point though. are they playing now?

No, but Shaq was playing in 2005. Dirk was playing in 2006. So was LeBron.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #25
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i thought shaq was very undeserving of being the 2nd vote getter two years ago.

dirk was 3rd or 4th on my list last year.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildStyle
Not saying they should have won it, because I'm not saying Nash should have won it. But guys who have put up similar or better numbers then Nash's 2 MVP years are Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, John Stockton, Rod Strickland, Isiah Thomas, Stephon Marbury, Gary Payton. That's off the top of my head.

I'd ask you to post the stats and years only to show you who won the MVP over them and how the MVP race back then didnt compare to NOW. I bet my life if a prime GP was playing today and he won MVP? No one would complain or make a big piss fest.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #27
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

those player were facing true mvp candidates.

payton, KJ, strickland and stockton were facing prime jordan, prime hakeem, drob, young shaq for the award, those players were getting 60 wins every year and putting almost unmatchable numbers.

thomas was facing magic, bird and jordan as well.

tim hardaway was facing prime shaq and prime duncan during the era in when they were ruling the league.

steve nash didnt win mvp because he was better than those beforementioned players, but because his competition is weaker, shaq is way past his days of mvp contention, duncan is probably in his last couple years of contention for the award, nash won it because he was going against a couple of overhyped guards who haven't done jack in their lives and who barely crack 40 something and 50 wins in kobe and lebron.

nash isnt better than stockton, payton, strickland, whoever, he didnt win because he was better than those players were, but because his competition sucked.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #28
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
That's ridiculous. There's no way that Nash was not a top 5 player over the past two years. His stats support this, his team record supports this, and actually watching him play supports this. He gets it done, all year long - It's just hard for people to comprehend that he peaked so late in his career.

I think his detractors are still looking at his stats and results from five years ago instead of confronting reality.

A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #29
raiderfan19
Shazam!

and we continue to ignore the point that the differential between the mavs and suns was greater than the differential between the suns and cavs
Old 12-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #30
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:

Only Isiah Thomas and maybe Stockton had as much IMPACT on the game as Nash. Also, other then Stockton (who's career overall is still a litte > Nash's) which one of those players had seasons with about 12 assists on the best regular season team in the league?
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: