Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #451
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation
Default Re: Jerry Sloan steps down, leaves Utah Jazz! Era is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Those reports are from ESPN, if you've heard any local radio with guys that call the games and in the locker room, it seems blown out of proportion.

Someone finally gets it!
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #452
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzDoc
Anybody want D-Will? He's not going to be welcome in Utah anymore. What an idiot.

This is the worst part... you guys are gonna push your best player out. Make him a scapegoat. Wow. Sloan was 68 and they were right that he wasn't showing any emotion.

I hope you guys do trade Deron because I've been sad to watch him waste away there... but talk about some serious misdirection of anger.

It's like you break up with your wife and then kill the kids.

Edit: I am gonna shake my head if they boo Deron, but I know they will. Idiots...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #453
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Those reports are from ESPN, if you've heard any local radio with guys that call the games and in the locker room, it seems blown out of proportion.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...l?s_cid=rss-32

Jazz players feel the same way. I do hope ESPN is full of crap on the reports.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #454
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

All those who reported that Deron pushed Sloan out are all backing off those stories.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #455
gilalizard
National High School Star

gilalizard is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
Itís why, perhaps more than ever now, the NBA will have to fight to the end to have a form of NFL franchise tag to prevent not only the destruction of teams, but teams having to betray their better instincts to cater to their star players lest they all gather in just a few markets and turn the NBA into a few New York Yankees and a lot of Pittsburgh Pirates.

lol it already is this, and has been for a long time.

There is nothing remotely approaching parity in the NBA.
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #456
JSmooth
Banned

JSmooth is considered somewhat coolJSmooth is considered somewhat coolJSmooth is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
All those who reported that Deron pushed Sloan out are all backing off those stories.
haha y hate on sloan doe?
JSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #457
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmooth
haha y hate on sloan doe?

I like Sloan, I ain't hatin. I'm not gonna slobber over the guy though.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #458
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lol @ Bagelred.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #459
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - An agitated Karl Malone says the Jerry Sloan he knows would never quit anything and suggested his longtime Utah Jazz coach just grew tired of garbage that came with the job and certain players.

''They changed the floor back to old school. They changed the uniform back to old school. Somebody tell the damn players to start playing like old school,'' Malone said before the Jazz hosted the Phoenix Suns on Friday night.

''It may work. They spent a lot of money on the rest, now how about you tell the players. I'm just calling it like I see it.''

''You're a professional, you don't need for me to break a film down for you. If you want to stop the guy you're playing, they pay you millions of dollars. You get you a TV and break the player down yourself.''

''If I got something to say or do to a man, I'm going to look that man in the eye and tell him what is going to happen. That's just me now.''

He also took issue with analysts declaring the game had passed by Sloan.

''It's like saying the game passed Phil Jackson by,'' Malone said. ''Old school worked. The players (have) got to buy into the system.''

Jazz president and CEO Randy Rigby downplayed Malone's comments.

''Karl is Karl. That's Karl,'' Rigby said after Utah's 95-83 loss to Phoenix. ''And he's right, Jerry isn't a quitter. But it was Jerry's decision and we're going to support that. But I can tell you he was not forced out by any of us.''

Asked if today's players have too much pull, Malone thought back to his own contentious battles with Sloan over the years.

''I remember (late team owner) Larry Miller in this locker room, right here when me and coach Sloan was butting heads after a game in front of everybody,'' Malone recalled.

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #460
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Malone is da sh*t. He probably couldn't coach a lick, but I'd love to see him on the Jazz coaching stuff as an assistant, just to put the fear of God into the players. I'd love to see the dude brave enough to tell Karl Malone he isn't running the play he just drew up.

Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #461
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How's the feeling among Utah fans after last night's game? I know the players are the same, but is there a different vibe now that Sloan's out? I actually had a lot of respect for the Jazz at the start of the season, but if Sloan's departure was due to prima-donna players, I wouldn't be surprised if people started turning against them.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #462
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I heard from someone that's close to the team that the rift was about Deron not running the play. Jerry wanted to fine D Will but management wouldn't have it.

Jerry deceided to call it quits after that.

Take it how you want to.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #463
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Williams is too good for Utah but now when he leaves them Jazz fans will hate his guts worse than Clevelanders hate Lebron
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #464
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
Malone is da sh*t. He probably couldn't coach a lick, but I'd love to see him on the Jazz coaching stuff as an assistant, just to put the fear of God into the players. I'd love to see the dude brave enough to tell Karl Malone he isn't running the play he just drew up.

LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #465
the_wise_one
Banned

the_wise_one has not been impressing people

Deron is cursed now, he isn't gonna win any championship ring.
the_wise_one is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: