Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
Koolbreeze07
I airball my layups

Koolbreeze07 has an OK reputation so far
Default Dwight Howard vs. Amare Stoudemire

First of all, I like Amare's game. The addition of that short j. really makes him more dangerous, BUT D blows him away with his rebounding skills. The boy dominates the paint nightly. Currently leading the league in rebounding AND he's only what, 20 years old. He's already better than Amare. I guess I should be comparing him to Boozer as well who is an MVP candidate so far also. Before the saeson began I expected Orlando to play like a playoff team and they are better than I thought. Amare needs to be a little tougher on d also ,which is another area that D beats him in. The Monster from the O is keeping the 5 alive.
Koolbreeze07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

amare should rebound better and he would be leagues above howard whose offensive game isnt too good, i'd rank amare higher (if he comes back to his dominant self) even the way things are.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
amare should rebound better and he would be leagues above howard whose offensive game isnt too good, i'd rank amare higher (if he comes back to his dominant self) even the way things are.

Dwight Howard anchors the whole team, Amare isn't really missed when he's gone.

I take the defensive and rebounding beast over the guy that looks half-ass.

I do admit that Amare is looking like he's putting in a lot of effort on the baords and defense at the moment though
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
Ghost_Delay
Decent playground baller

Ghost_Delay has an OK reputation so far

Just look at it this way:

Phoenix with Dwight Howard
&
Orlando with STAT

Howard wins hands down.
Ghost_Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
playstation
I brick open layups

playstation has an OK reputation so far

its hard to pick amare in this right now. he is not as physically imposing, somewhat less athletic (post-op), not as sound defensively, not as good a rebounder, more of an injury risk, and older.

however, amare's offense is dramatically better. specifically, his ability to finish around the hoop and have something of an outside shooting touch. he also is a bit more selfish around the hoop, which is a positive for people that are so unstoppable in that region.

right now, i'd take howard. but, amare is still top 3 center even now (yao and dwight have the advantage for now)
playstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
Hoonyo
High school junior varsity star

Hoonyo has an OK reputation so far

I used to think they were the same type of player but that isn't the case anymore. Amare's strongest skill is his slashing ability as a big man. He had it pre-op but he doesn't have it back yet (seen him stripped so many times this year). Dwight on the other hand, has a massive body that is better suited for a post-up big man. They are both very explosive players at the rim, but they use different skills to get there.
Hoonyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

now since the howard bosh comparisons are finally dead (thank god) howard wins this one to.

Give Dwight Steve Nash and it's over
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #8
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Dwight with Steve nash would be sick,but Amare has that GIVE ME THE BALL demeanor. Dwight doesnt or ever will have that, Amare is much more clutch offensively.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Dwight Nash wouldn't be a good combo because as someone said, Howard isn't someone who commands the ball like Amare does. Howard makes most of his points on put backs and deep post moves, and not on pick and role or face up type moves. That being said, defensive players are always considered better, so that is why Dwight has the edge. But Amare is definitely way ahead of Dwight on the offensive end and is improving defensively, so it's gonna be a tight race eventually.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:58 PM   #10
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Delay
Just look at it this way:

Phoenix with Dwight Howard
&
Orlando with STAT

Howard wins hands down.

Co-sign
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #11
BlackMoses

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

I'll take Dwight. Once he learns to pump fake, watch out!
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #12
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

A player like Kevin Garnett that is crappier at everything that Kevin Garnett does = Amare Stoudemire.

A player like Tim Duncan that is crappier at everything that Tim Duncan does except rebounding = Dwight Howard.

You decide.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:32 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The fact that we're having this conversation only a year after Amare's microfracture knee surgery speaks volumes as to how much game he has.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #14
BlackMoses

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The fact that we're having this conversation only a year after Amare's microfracture knee surgery speaks volumes as to how much game he has.

Good point. Most of his post-Duncan showdown hype has definitely died down.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #15
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

Yeah except he can't even average 10 boards on the fastest paced team in the league that jacks up the most shots.

He's not a true big. Dwight is. There are two things Amare is better at than Dwight. Shooting and slashing, and that's it.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: