Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
The problem with people like you is that you dont' believe Kobe has any flaws, such as shot selection, ability to understand the flow of a game, leadership, efficiency, etc.

Not to say Kobe doesn't have flaws, because he obviously does, but he's imroved tremendously this year in the areas I've highlighted. He's finally maturing into a team leader, and it's definately showing in his game.

I also remember people (believe it was Loki) skoffing (spelled that right?) at the idea of Kobe shooting 48% and still scoring 25-30 point per game. Take a look at his stats.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:02 PM   #17
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Currently, leadership can be voided when it comes to Kobe...because he's being a great leader. He's shooting 49% last I checked from the field...he's better at selecting shots...so yeah currently he's better then Wade....I mean unless Wade improved as a perimeter threat and defense...or unless he turned into Magic Johnson, but he didn't...so Kobe is still the better overall player, hell watching Kobe pass this season...I don't even know if Wade is better at that either.

You do know it's not even the first 20 games into the season, right?
Knoe Itawl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:02 PM   #18
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Not to say Kobe doesn't have flaws, because he obviously does, but he's imroved tremendously this year in the areas I've highlighted. He's finally maturing into a team leader, and it's definately showing in his game.

I also remember people (believe it was Loki) skoffing (spelled that right?) at the idea of Kobe shooting 48% and still scoring 25-30 point per game. Take a look at his stats.

see above.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #19
looki nobawls
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default ...

The problem with people like you is that you dont' believe Jordan has any flaws, such as shot selection, ability to understand the flow of a game, leadership, efficiency, etc.

These things are important factors in a player, but Jordan fanatics like to pretend that they aren't important.

And Jordan has never gotten bailed out by refs? That's the type of biased nonsense Jordan fanatics come up with.
looki nobawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #20
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by looki nobawls
The problem with people like you is that you dont' believe Jordan has any flaws, such as shot selection, ability to understand the flow of a game, leadership, efficiency, etc.

These things are important factors in a player, but Jordan fanatics like to pretend that they aren't important.

And Jordan has never gotten bailed out by refs? That's the type of biased nonsense Jordan fanatics come up with.

How did Jordan come into this?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #21
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Ok what makes Wade better then?
I mean your theory is good, I agree...hence I don't think Anthony is a top 10 player...but last season Kobe was the better player and this season he improved on his weaknesses while Wade really stayed the same player more or less.

So...care to explain why my opinion is wrong? Me saying Kobe is the better player, makes me a groupie?
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #22
Laker Logic
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:

...so if Kobe was shooting 38%, taking 65% of the team's shots, and averaging 8 turnovers a game to this point, can we assume you wouldn't comment because it's too early?

Serious question.
Laker Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #23
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker Logic
...so if Kobe was shooting 38%, taking 65% of the team's shots, and averaging 8 turnovers a game to this point, can we assume you wouldn't comment because it's too early?

Serious question.

No, I wouldn't be because it's too early to tell all that much and Bryant is coming back from a knee injury.

I might ENJOY him playing that way, but at this point it's too early to tell how things will play out by the end of the season. You'll find I haven't made too many comments thus far about players and teams, and that goes not only for Kobe but the league as well.

I seem to remember Baron Davis and Peja being MVP favorites at this point in the season in previous years. We see how that turned out.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #24
DreamRockets
National High School Star

Quote:

jordan's shot selection, efficiency, leadership and ability to understand the flow of the game BLOW those of kobe bryant out of the water, jordan is a 50% career shooter while playing against more double teams than most guards have ever seen, kobe is a 45% career shooter who has never topped 47% playing off the double teams shaq commanded, meaning: not even shaq's coat-tails were enough for kobe to shoot above 47%
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #25
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
jordan's shot selection, efficiency, leadership and ability to understand the flow of the game BLOW those of kobe bryant out of the water, jordan is a 50% career shooter while playing against more double teams than most guards have ever seen, kobe is a 45% career shooter who has never topped 47% playing off the double teams shaq commanded, meaning: not even shaq's coat-tails were enough for kobe to shoot above 47%

Previous poster was a troll that's why I didn't even bother.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #26
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

My big problem with Kobe is that he takes way too many long jumpers. With his ability to drive and the new rules he shouldn't be settling for long jumpers so often.

Right now he is averaging 4 3pt attempts a game. I would like to see him average no more than that on the season. He really isn't that good from 3.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #27
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

Actually, I said that I don't believe he'll ever average >30 ppg on 48+% shooting. I have repeatedly stated that he can shoot 48% or so if he contents himself with 25-28 ppg. And lo and behold, he's at 26.1 ppg on 48.7% shooting, right within the range I noted. Let's see how he finishes the season.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #28
looki nobawls
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
How did Jordan come into this?

You're in no position to criticize. After all, I'm just playing your game. Bringing in a player that has nothing to do with the thread. Grouping fans of a player as crazies.

Your response only shows that you're a Jordan grou.pie, not that it's anything new.
looki nobawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #29
Laker Logic
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
No, I wouldn't be because it's too early to tell all that much and Bryant is coming back from a knee injury.

...don't you have a bridge for sale somewhere?

Quote:
You'll find I haven't made too many comments thus far about players and teams, and that goes not only for Kobe but the league as well.

I don't see you commenting on "the league" all that much, but considering how Kobe and the Lakers are doing thus far, I can understand your uncharacteristic silence.

Quote:
I seem to remember Baron Davis and Peja being MVP favorites at this point in the season in previous years. We see how that turned out.

Must have been back when Peja was hitting threes from the team bus...
Laker Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #30
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
You're in no position to criticize. After all, I'm just playing your game. Bringing in a player that has nothing to do with the thread. Grouping fans of a player as crazies.

Your response only shows that you're a Jordan grou.pie, not that it's anything new.

You're not even worthy of ever acknowledging again.

Bye now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: