Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2006, 03:10 AM   #16
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
The reason most players stop is that you could pick up a flagrant. If you swat the shot away after the whistle, it's cool, but if you miss and hack the guy instead, you could pick up a flagrant. And start a fight. I mean, didn't the whole Malice at the Palace thing start because Artest had no intention of letting Ben Wallace shoot on the continuation?
imo they'd only get a flagrant if they did a hard foul. Most refs would let a small bump go in that situation.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:20 AM   #17
junkifunki
Decent playground baller

junkifunki has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, people look at Shaq's declining numbers and automatically think "That ain't Shaq's team no more. It's D-Wade's. Just look at Shaq's stats!" That's just faulty reasoning.

The Heat's success has nothing to do with Shaq's numbers. It's his mere presence. It's not about Shaq killing you as much as it is about the threat of Shaq killing you. He doesn't have to score. It's the threat that a 7 foot, 300-plus pound giant being under the rim and the likely chance that he will score. His presence on the court draws defenders away from Wade's slashing lanes, away from guys like Posey and Walker on the perimeter, so they can have open looks. He doesn't have to grab 10+ rebounds every night. His presence makes the whole opposing frontcourt have to try to box him out, giving guys like Haslem easy chances at the rebound.

Zo might make the Heat the better defensive team, but without Shaq, the Heat have no inside offensive presence. And thats why they're struggling.
junkifunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:29 AM   #18
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Just got back from the game, pretty amazing what Wade got down the stretch, 6 Fts in the last 2 minutes, 4 techs called on the Clips.

For the record, I was kind of rooting for Miami.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:02 AM   #19
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

incxpinoy, darius, big one, kazakh, etc. you all must be kobe/mavericks groupies. When will the bitterness end? Just let it stop.

Last edited by picc84 : 12-06-2006 at 04:07 AM.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:05 AM   #20
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Just got back from the game, pretty amazing what Wade got down the stretch, 6 Fts in the last 2 minutes, 4 techs called on the Clips.

For the record, I was kind of rooting for Miami.

I was too. Any team in playoff contention from the west I automatically root against if they play a team from the east, even Miami if they're playing a pacific division team. Anything to help the lakers out. Clipps now 9-8 instead of under .500...damn.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #21
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Actually, as my dislike for Kobe lessens I do find my dislike for Wade growing.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #22
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Did D. Wade get most of his freethrows towards the end of the game? Boxscore says tht he only had 10 for the game.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #23
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

Yea my dislike for Wade has been growing this season. I really respected him until the finals last year.

At the end of the Clipper game last night you see Wade grimacing and complaining for foul. Pat riley had this look on his face. Kind of like.. I cant believe there was no call. Then they put up a slow motion replay of the play and Wade was barely touched.
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #24
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by incxpinoy
Yea my dislike for Wade has been growing this season. I really respected him until the finals last year.

At the end of the Clipper game last night you see Wade grimacing and complaining for foul. Pat riley had this look on his face. Kind of like.. I cant believe there was no call. Then they put up a slow motion replay of the play and Wade was barely touched.

So much for the no complaining rule. But the refs don't want to be fined by Stern by giving Wade a technical.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #25
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I was too. Any team in playoff contention from the west I automatically root against if they play a team from the east, even Miami if they're playing a pacific division team. Anything to help the lakers out. Clipps now 9-8 instead of under .500...damn.

So wait, if the Heat had won, I would distract one win from the Clippers record and add a loss. I think I am getting that right. So 9-1 = 8. 8+1 = 9. So actually, with a 8-9 rcord it would be .500 for the Clipps. So 8=9? Can I say Nobel Prize?
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #26
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Dwyane Wade has never been fouled. Never. It's all a NBA conspiracy to manufacture his "superstardom". He exagerrates everything. And don't give that driving to the attacking the basket ****, because that's BS. It's sickening man...

BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #27
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

You guys dont get it do you. Calling bs on anything Wade does especially the finals outs yourself as a kobe/mavs groupie. Dont try to deny it. You've been exposed. Disgusting.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #28
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
You guys dont get it do you. Calling bs on anything Wade does especially the finals outs yourself as a kobe/mavs groupie. Dont try to deny it. You've been exposed. Disgusting.

Personally... I don't like Kobe nor do I like Wade.

I like Dirk & Josh Howard but I don't like the Mavs as a whole.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #29
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
So wait, if the Heat had won, I would distract one win from the Clippers record and add a loss. I think I am getting that right. So 9-1 = 8. 8+1 = 9. So actually, with a 8-9 rcord it would be .500 for the Clipps. So 8=9? Can I say Nobel Prize?

?

They were 8-8, right? They lose and they are 8-9, under .500. They won and are now over. Am I missing something?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #30
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile

he said with a record under .500
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: