Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #1
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.
Default Did Marbury really miss a FT this badly?

Wow. Poor Knick fans.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

at the time, it was poor phx fans
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow...that was horrible
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

damn, that was horrible.

why do you say poor knick fans? haven't seen him miss a FT like that on the knicks. He's actually a pretty good freethrow shooter
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

I don't think Big Ben has missed a free-vee that bad.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
4BiddenKnight
Can barely lace up my sneakers

4BiddenKnight has an OK reputation so far

Notice that elbow, stuck it so wide out, no wonder why it went to the right.

:
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #7
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Wasn't that in the playoffs againts the Spurs?If I remember correctly,Steph had ran into Malik Rose and banged his shoulder/arm area and his arm went numb.

Quote:
The accuracy of that good-natured forecast could hinge on the health of Marbury. He aggravated a nerve injury in his shoulder when he slammed into Malik Rose in Game 4. He was hesitant to take his usual shots in Game 5, especially early as the Spurs rolled to a 54-30 halftime lead.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...ry_hurting_ap/
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

unbelieveable
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that's what happens when u fart while doing freethrows...releasing the ball to be exact. let it out during your routine or hold it after the ball has left your hands.

this remedy has got to be taught. spread the word, ballers.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #10
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

my 3 yo bro shoots better than that from half-court...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:51 AM   #11
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Wasn't that in the playoffs againts the Spurs?If I remember correctly,Steph had ran into Malik Rose and banged his shoulder/arm area and his arm went numb.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...ry_hurting_ap/

Uhhh...that's the old Compaq Center (formerly The Summit) where the Rockets used to play. They were most definitely not playing the Spurs.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:24 AM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Diesel's link points out that he was suffering a nerve injury, which caused him to miss that badly. Knowing this, why continue to make fun of him? There's enough fair criticisms of Marbury that you don't have to dis him for getting hurt.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #13
duscrapiron
Can barely lace up my sneakers

duscrapiron has an OK reputation so far

he was injured right before taking the free throw, go look it up before criticizing him
duscrapiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #14
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

yeah i actually remember watching this game. He injured his arm but attempted the free throws anyway in order to stay in the game. He missed the second one badly too, it hit the backboard hard and didn't hit the rim at all. That moment is cemented into my basketball memory, it was extremely funny.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #15
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

HAHAHAHA

I airballed my first free throw a few weeks ago. it was amazing. cause the thing is when you miss that badly you dont even notice. at least I didn't. upon release I thought it was in for some reason. then when it didn't touch anything I just couldn't believe it. i just stood there in disbelief.

never had airballed before then. Ive grazed rim once or twice.. but pretty much I'm either in or rim out 99.9% of the time. its very rare. in fact the thing I mention happened in practice. in my whole life, ever since I can remember, even if its the first shot after 3 months of not pickup up a ball, I'll still get a good chunk of the rim. but I just aired that.. it was amazing.

Id say I'm about 80% from the line. I don't really know though. I don't count and I have never been in a league that kept track of %. I'm sure I'm not in the upper echelon cause I'm not that polished anymore. but I definitely make most of them.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: