Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Retro gaming - NES - Ghosts n Goblins

So I downloaded a torrent that has every Nintendo game ever made and been enjoying playing most of them(some not so much). But one in particular has got me not only addicted but frustrated as hell!!

Ghosts n Goblins

This imo is the hardest game ever made. If you can get your hands on it, give it a try, you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfkf7_sv4EQ
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Retro gaming - NES - Ghosts n Goblins

that was a hard game, i dont remember the nes version that well, but the snes version was also pretty hard

you should check out silver surfer
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I stand corrected. Silver Surfer is impossible!!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kid Chameleon.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great game, spent a lot of time playing it at arcades and yes, it was really difficult.

BTW, my team played against Tabak's yesterday (he's the assistant coach). I was like "who the f*uck is that giant?"
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

ghosts n goblins is pretty hard...i got to level 5 before i just gave up. But Silver Surfer was just on a whole different level. i couldn't even get past one section, never mind an entire level. The three hardest games that I've played for the NES were Silver Surfer, Ghosts n Goblins, and Ninja Gaiden.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ghosts n Goblins is an absolute classic. As is it's next gen successor, Ghouls n Ghosts. It was extremely difficult, but my friend and I did in fact beat it, something we still gloat about.

I don't remember silver surfer specifically, but wasn't that more impossible than difficult. Not unlike the N64 Superman game, that was indeed exceptionally difficult, but part of that difficulty stemmed from the fact that the game was so attrocious that no one really cared to continue trying it?

And doesn't Battle Toads have a reputation of being among the most difficult games ever.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Ghosts n Goblins is an absolute classic. As is it's next gen successor, Ghouls n Ghosts. It was extremely difficult, but my friend and I did in fact beat it, something we still gloat about.

I don't remember silver surfer specifically, but wasn't that more impossible than difficult. Not unlike the N64 Superman game, that was indeed exceptionally difficult, but part of that difficulty stemmed from the fact that the game was so attrocious that no one really cared to continue trying it?

And doesn't Battle Toads have a reputation of being among the most difficult games ever.

pretty much
ninja turtles 1 on nes deserves a mention, that game was frustratingly difficult
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #9
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
BTW, my team played against Tabak's yesterday (he's the assistant coach). I was like "who the f*uck is that giant?"

LOL..Good to hear ole Zanny is still involved in Basketball.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Yes!! ...Silver Surfer is impossible. There's no possible way of completing one stage let alone the entire game.

Here's a review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvnRBywkUZ0
Old 01-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Kid Chameleon.

Does that game ever end? I got to level 100+ and had to stop.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Does that game ever end? I got to level 100+ and had to stop.

It does, but I've never beat it. I think there are around 150 levels... and you get what? 3 lives and 3 continues?

I thought for years the game was unbeatable, since I've never even met someone who could get as far as I could... then I saw a Youtube video of some guy beating it. He claimed not to use any cheats (ala Game Genie), but who knows.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
So I downloaded a torrent that has every Nintendo game ever made and been enjoying playing most of them(some not so much). But one in particular has got me not only addicted but frustrated as hell!!

Ghosts n Goblins

This imo is the hardest game ever made. If you can get your hands on it, give it a try, you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfkf7_sv4EQ

Oh god that video brought back some memories, the guy explained exactly how i felt about everything!!

But i was much more of a sore loser and destroyed my controller once in the process, i was 13 when i bought this game and didnt know what i got myself into, i played more than a year until i could reach the end, i mean i gained ultra 1337 skills barelly enough to reach the end if lucky enough after hours and hours and hours of sleepless nights, no life, skipped school classes and so on.

As i "finished" the game i get "This room is just an illusion and is a trap devised by satan", as it send me back to the beginnining of the game i reacted the same he was at 4:51 but even worse, i just took the game out and heaved it against a wall and that was it.

Ghost N Goblins, Mega Man 1, Castlevania, Dragons Lair, Battletoads (try that game if you dare) are probably the hardest games i ever played and all of them ironically on NES.

Last edited by sh0wtime : 02-03-2011 at 11:06 AM.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #14
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wtime
Oh god that video brought back some memories, the guy explained exactly how i felt about everything!!

But i was much more of a sore loser and destroyed my controller once in the process, i was 13 when i bought this game and didnt know what i got myself into, i played more than a year until i could reach the end, i mean i gained ultra 1337 skills barelly enough to reach the end if lucky enough after hours and hours and hours of sleepless nights, no life, skipped school classes and so on.

As i "finished" the game i get "This room is just an illusion and is a trap devised by satan", as it send me back to the beginnining of the game i reacted the same he was at 4:51 but even worse, i just took the game out and heaved it against a wall and that was it.

Ghost N Goblins, Mega Man 1, Castlevania, Dragons Lair, Battletoads (try that game if you dare) are probably the hardest games i ever played and all of them ironically on NES.

Ghosts and Goblins was crazy...Me and my uncle could never beat it. We got close but never finished it. But Battletoads Battlemaniacs was the craziest game I ever played...I was sooo pissed when I couldnt beat it. But I wanna get another copy to try it again 15 years later. I WANT A REMATCH
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:19 AM   #15
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Ghosts and Goblins was crazy...Me and my uncle could never beat it. We got close but never finished it. But Battletoads Battlemaniacs was the craziest game I ever played...I was sooo pissed when I couldnt beat it. But I wanna get another copy to try it again 15 years later. I WANT A REMATCH
Try an emulator, easiest way to get these games.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: