Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #31
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How Overrated Rajon Rondo TRULY is.

And yet somehow he makes Bostons offense flow much better when he's not in it. And that translates to wins.

Like I said, you did hours of research to prop up Rose. This is the only reason you made this thread. Only reason. I thought I knew Rose fans well after reading the myriad of Rose versus ____ threads, mostly Rondo, but I'm wrong. The entire Rose fanbase is so desperate for everyone to recognize his talents you lower yourself to BS like this.

So if he's this bad? Why aren't we losing? Why does the offense stink when he's not on the floor or he's out? He must be doing something right.

If Rose was on this team, our PPG drops and we lose more. Simple as that. You can keep him, Boston doesn't want him. We're more than happy with Rondo.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #32
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And are you really acting like this isn't an agenda thread? You suck at it.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #33
tommy3
Let's go Heat!

tommy3 is considered somewhat cooltommy3 is considered somewhat cool

I don't agree with you.
Rondo is a great player. That defense thing you have written is plain bullshit. I don't care what the numbers say, Rondo is the best defender out of the best 5 point guards (cp3, d-will, rose, nash), and he impacts the Celtics' D in a huge way.
Also, Rondo not being a better rebounder than Westbrook is a lie. Why? How many good rebounders does Westbrook have in his team, and how many does Rondo? If you watch the game, you can always see how active is Rondo on the offensive glass, fighting for almost loose rebounds and hustling.
Even though the other elite point guards are better mid to long range shooters than Rondo doesn't mean he is not on-par with them at finishing around the rim. He always makes those weird looking, hard to make layups. He makes all those turnovers because he's the one pounding the ball and finding teammates. The assists come because he really is a good passer. Let's not act like he hasn't proven his passing abilities and his great court vision.
While I agree to a certain point that he's overrated, you are really exaggerating.
tommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #34
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
LOL your whole list is a trolling argument. You're trying to diminish what rondo has done this season by twisting stats and facts to fit your agenda..
Actually Im trying to keep this thread on track unlike you. Now you can start a new thread if you want, but I'm not replying to you anymore, and I caution everyone else to do the same.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #35
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

edited to stay on topic.

Last edited by jasonresno : 01-10-2011 at 05:39 PM.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #36
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
And yet somehow he makes Bostons offense flow much better when he's not in it. And that translates to wins.

Like I said, you did hours of research to prop up Rose. This is the only reason you made this thread. Only reason. I thought I knew Rose fans well after reading the myriad of Rose versus ____ threads, mostly Rondo, but I'm wrong. The entire Rose fanbase is so desperate for everyone to recognize his talents you lower yourself to BS like this.

So if he's this bad? Why aren't we losing? Why does the offense stink when he's not on the floor or he's out? He must be doing something right.

If Rose was on this team, our PPG drops and we lose more. Simple as that. You can keep him, Boston doesn't want him. We're more than happy with Rondo.

Notice how you brought up Rose. I didn't even mention him EXCEPT to say he was a worse rebounder. I said he was overrated in general. Not just against Rose. Like I told Ttrolls, if you want to argue Rose vs Rondo do it, just not in here this is about Rondo being overrated by himself.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #37
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

C'mon dude, how dumb do you think we are?

Do what you gotta do I guess, but don't think for a second your shit doesn't stink. I saw the purpose of this thread from a mile away. Agenda thread.

Carry on.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #38
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
It's arguable. I don't like rebounding rate for point guards mostly because it's not their job to rebound. Anything they get is gravy.

You should still use rebounding rate instead of rpg.

Whatever rate they have would be gravy in your eyes, just like the rpg.

And I disagree a bit, guards should definitely rebound.

Quote:
Giving them an average shooting of 47% each game.
Obviously that’s not the historical rate their shooting at now, but still not missing a beat either, given that the league average right now is 45.6% a game. So it’s definitely more than possible that while sure he does “improve” their passing, they’d still be completely fine with out him. AND they would still be amongst the league leaders.

Horrible bias in the quote.

Last edited by ZenMaster : 01-10-2011 at 05:42 PM.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #39
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy3
I don't agree with you.
Rondo is a great player. That defense thing you have written is plain bullshit. I don't care what the numbers say, Rondo is the best defender out of the best 5 point guards (cp3, d-will, rose, nash), and he impacts the Celtics' D in a huge way.
Also, Rondo not being a better rebounder than Westbrook is a lie. Why? How many good rebounders does Westbrook have in his team, and how many does Rondo? If you watch the game, you can always see how active is Rondo on the offensive glass, fighting for almost loose rebounds and hustling.
Even though the other elite point guards are better mid to long range shooters than Rondo doesn't mean he is not on-par with them at finishing around the rim. He always makes those weird looking, hard to make layups. He makes all those turnovers because he's the one pounding the ball and finding teammates. The assists come because he really is a good passer. Let's not act like he hasn't proven his passing abilities and his great court vision.
While I agree to a certain point that he's overrated, you are really exaggerating.
I think Rondo is a great man defender like you do, but overall they really don't benefit with having the great Rondo defense. They play better defense without him.
And yes Westbrook does have huge rebounding games, but so does Rondo, all those triple doubles.

And like I said I gave him props for being such a good passer, and said the only reason that he had so many turnovers was because he passed it alot, in fact he even has the second best A:T ratio. Which is damn impressive.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #40
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Also I don't understand how Rondo hasn't improved as a shooter??? He is having his best season ever on Jump shots. Shooting 11% higher than he was from 16ft - 23ft from last year. Another thing you might consider is the small sample size of certain areas, I mean Rondo has only taken 10 shots from 10-15 ft that is pretty small sample size one or 2 shots makes a big difference.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #41
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Also I don't understand how Rondo hasn't improved as a shooter??? He is having his best season ever on Jump shots. Shooting 11% higher than he was from 16ft - 23ft from last year. Another thing you might consider is the small sample size of certain areas, I mean Rondo has only taken 10 shots from 10-15 ft that is pretty small sample size one or 2 shots makes a big difference.
Well how many of those are ACTUALLY contested, few if any. Defenses ALWAYS sag off on him, you see that pretty much every game. That's why i didn't exclude it. If you want you can show me the links to how many shots he takes from where, and I'll edit it in. I just couldn't find that.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #42
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I sort of agree. But if he's shooting bad from that area and he's only taken 10 shots it means it isn't a part of his game anyways so it's not a place of benefit.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #43
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I think Rondo is a great man defender like you do, but overall they really don't benefit with having the great Rondo defense. They play better defense without him.
And yes Westbrook does have huge rebounding games, but so does Rondo, all those triple doubles.

And like I said I gave him props for being such a good passer, and said the only reason that he had so many turnovers was because he passed it alot, in fact he even has the second best A:T ratio. Which is damn impressive.

I disagree he isn't a great man defender but he can have a great defensive impact at times despite that. No PG defender in this league can be considered a great man defender now a days.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #44
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

fk i cant believe i just read all that.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #45
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board

Bulls fans can't get Rondo off their mind. It's just flatout hilarious now.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: