Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #31
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Wade is getting Jordan like calls from the refs.....
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #32
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

Why does Wade get singled out for this? Is it because of the amount of trips he made to the line in the Finals?

His trips are pretty consistant with Lebron's and Anthony's. And Jordan's, for that matter, but, I never hear anybody complain about the amount of calls that they get.

Pretty much all of your scoring leaders get to the line more than the average player. Most of them get the questionable calls and ticky tack fouls. It drives me crazy some times too.

But, why does Wade get singled out? Just wondering.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #33
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballFan422
Why does Wade get singled out for this? Is it because of the amount of trips he made to the line in the Finals?

His trips are pretty consistant with Lebron's and Anthony's. And Jordan's, for that matter, but, I never hear anybody complain about the amount of calls that they get.

Pretty much all of your scoring leaders get to the line more than the average player. Most of them get the questionable calls and ticky tack fouls. It drives me crazy some times too.

But, why does Wade get singled out? Just wondering.

YES.

Because this was magnified on the grand stage is why you have these flawed perceptions and reactions from certain tards...Simple as that..

There was none this crap prior to the Finals...Not even close.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #34
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

Gerald Wallace.... Gerald Wallace?!?!?

ahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahah

Wait, let me compose myself... Gerald Wallace said what?

bwahahahahhahahah that mofo aint never done ****.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #35
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

wade gets singled out because of what he did in the finals...

At that point in the season, the Heat vs. the Mavs was the only game on and everyone was a witness to his ability to get to the line.....

truth is, Wade is right there with the group of elite guards who all get to the line very frequently....the rule change helps any perimeter player who has the skill to attack the basket the way AI, Wade, Kobe, Pierce, Tmac can...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #36
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
YES.

Because this was magnified on the grand stage is why you have these flawed perceptions and reactions from certain tards...Simple as that..

There was none this crap prior to the Finals...Not even close.

Well, welcome to the new "no defense allowed" NBA. I would take the ball to the hole everytime I touched it too.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:24 PM   #37
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

All those players and coaches are Kobe groupies
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #38
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballFan422
Well, welcome to the new "no defense allowed" NBA. I would take the ball to the hole everytime I touched it too.

Yeah, unfortuantly not enough people are smart to recognize it. That it's the rule changes, and soley the rule changes. Instead some label it some sort of conspraicy and favorism/preferential treatmetment.

If someone wants to complain about how there is IN GENERALL to many Free Throws in the game, that's fine. Because there is. And it's getting a bit ridilcous. Defense is becomming a lost art in what is the "National" Basketball association with all these rule changes that completly benefit marquee perimeter volume scoring players.

I find myself saying at the games that I attend (I'm a Heat seasonal package ticket holder) or watching on the tube "Damn how did D-Wade get that call?!? But I've said that in alot instances for ALOT of players..

But all together singling out specific players as if there is some sort conspraicy in the winsgs is ignorant as fawk.

Again it's not Wade's fault that the rules changes promote slashing wings & guards. It's also not his fault that he actually has a brain to take advantage of it (along with a few others, the Iversons and such...)...
Old 11-28-2006, 03:46 PM   #39
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

So Wade gets fouled about 5 or 6 times a game. No less than 4 are generally unquestionable. And its rare the others are total phantoms. Just very little contact. People act like to shoot 15FTs you get 15 calls. If he shoots 15fts he probably deserved no less than 6 fouls.

Wade isnt special because of FTs. If you knock off 2 fts a game last year he doesnt stop being "special" because hes only a 25/6/5 player. The drop hed have to take to stop being special is way bigger than can be caused by about 3 seconds of favorable calls that lead to 2-4 points that are borderline undeserved.

Ive seen games where he got flat out hit every time he got to the line. People rather look at a number than take each foul on its own. They play the Pistons on ESPN tonight. If you really want to know just keep a pencil and write down the fouls and put a D for deserved or a U for underved next to it. No way in hell you come up with nearly as many U and D.

There is almost always contact. Maybe not enough to usually justify a foul. But hes not out there getting many calls when people swipe and get all air.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #40
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
So Wade gets fouled about 5 or 6 times a game. No less than 4 are generally unquestionable. And its rare the others are total phantoms. Just very little contact. People act like to shoot 15FTs you get 15 calls. If he shoots 15fts he probably deserved no less than 6 fouls.

Wade isnt special because of FTs. If you knock off 2 fts a game last year he doesnt stop being "special" because hes only a 25/6/5 player. The drop hed have to take to stop being special is way bigger than can be caused by about 3 seconds of favorable calls that lead to 2-4 points that are borderline undeserved.

Ive seen games where he got flat out hit every time he got to the line. People rather look at a number than take each foul on its own. They play the Pistons on ESPN tonight. If you really want to know just keep a pencil and write down the fouls and put a D for deserved or a U for underved next to it. No way in hell you come up with nearly as many U and D.

There is almost always contact. Maybe not enough to usually justify a foul. But hes not out there getting many calls when people swipe and get all air.

Naw, TNT Thursday homey..

And good post.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #41
hotsizzle
Superstar

I didnt read the whole thread, just read the article but players should start whining to stern about how soft the league is..leave D-Wade alone..what do you expect him to do..say "No, Im not taking the free throws, gerald wallace will get mad at me"
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #42
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Wade's regular season ft's were never the large issue. They werent last year, and they arent this year. The refs have been relatively fair in each. It was the playoffs when he began to get the blatant prefential treatment, culminating in the finals. *That* is where the huge Wade ft conspiracy stuff comes from. Pointing out his regular season ft averages compared to other playerse is not a counter because the more serious complaints arent about the regular season, they stem from how the refs treat him in the playoffs. Which is ludicrously.

Personally I think the refs have been fair this year to just about everyone, Wade included. When the playoffs begin we will probably see a different story.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #43
FabCasablancas
Banned

Steve Nash attacks the basket as much if not more than any player in the league.. yet he doesn't get those calls. Wade runs INTO guys intentionally knowing he will get the calls. kobe does the same thing. If Nash. or other guys that don't get the star treatment. did what Wade does, they would get an offensive foul. I would "attack" too if I was Wade.. knowing I'm going to get any call I want.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #44
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

This is all because of 1 call in the finaLS. People just can't get over it.

"A person is smart...people are dumb, panicky and unquestionably thought the earth was flat..."- K- Men In Black
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #45
lakers-city
Good college starter

dirk is the master of drawing contact, is a skill which your favorite player completely dominates, so why whine about it ?
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: