Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #16
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Did I say they didn't? NO. And FYI AI actually deserves his free throws unlike Wade. The subject is Dwyane Wade and he gets the attention because he's the floppiest out of all of them. The refs love him the most and he gets away with crap even those guys don't. You are acting like just because I'm a Kings fan I can't have an opinion with being a complainer. Well I'm not going to stop posting just so I don't offend the all mighty lakers city on ISH.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #17
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Why does he get away with it? Is it an "NBA conspriracy"?

How should I know? I'm just pointing out what I see, and that's that he gets away with a ton of ****.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #18
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

this is bullsheit.

iverson deserves the fts and wade doesnt ?

lmao !!!!

iverson was the dwyane wade before there was a dwyane wade, the way they relentlessly attack the rim all game long is identical, offensively they are the same player but wade has more hops and is bigger/stronger.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #19
Prezwoodz
Kids at the park dunk on me

Prezwoodz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
The refs love him the most and he gets away with crap even those guys don't.

Why do the refs love him the most ????
Prezwoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #20
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Did I say they didn't? NO. And FYI AI actually deserves his free throws unlike Wade. The subject is Dwyane Wade and he gets the attention because he's the floppiest out of all of them. The refs love him the most and he gets away with crap even those guys don't. You are acting like just because I'm a Kings fan I can't have an opinion with being a complainer. Well I'm not going to stop posting just so I don't offend the all mighty lakers city on ISH.

at least you recognise greatness biatch
Old 11-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
at least you recognise greatness biatch

And you don't recognize sarcasm dumbass.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #22
lakers-city
Good college starter

neither do you apparently
Old 11-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #24
SIRI1

SIRI1 has decent reputationSIRI1 has decent reputation

Gerald Wallace was just mad after shooting 2-14 against Miami, including getting stuffed by Zo on a dunk attempt.

Here's what Bernie Bickerstaff said on the calls Wade got:
Quote:
"Early in the basketball game, we were not up'' to the challenge, coach Bernie Bickerstaff said. "You've got to be up (on Wade) before he gets up a head of steam.''

Bickerstaff believes Wade earned all those free throws with his quickness and explosion. Bickerstaff considers Wade the best finisher at the rim in the NBA.

"It's deserved. He's a great basketball player. We just flat-out didn't have an answer for him,'' Bickerstaff said.
SIRI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #25
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
this is bullsheit.

iverson deserves the fts and wade doesnt ?

lmao !!!!

iverson was the dwyane wade before there was a dwyane wade, the way they relentlessly attack the rim all game long is identical, offensively they are the same player but wade has more hops and is bigger/stronger.

A.I got these exact certain type of response in terms of the supposably "BS calls" he was getting ..

The MVP year, Year Sixers/Lakers(2nd of the Lakers 3peat) Finals, I distinctivly remember all the claims I would read of all the so called "prerefential treatment" is why his inefficient high volume shooting resulted in so many points.

And those youtube videos...

First with the Devin Harris...Dude was in the restricted area...
Sorry 9/10 time the judgement of that specific situation/call is going to favor the offensive player..

And with the blocking call on Dirk, Homey was was in the wrong place in the wrong time. He didn't take a charge nor was he in posistion to take a charge so how is it NOT a blocking foul? Again, just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time...

The call on the floater on the lane, and the jumper on 'Quis Daniels were bogus though. But yeah 2 blatant miscue calls...Big deal. (Dropped his own buckets on both of them)

Every year...There is going to be some group of Fans arguing over officiating, instinuting that their team got robbed in some way or form...

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 11-28-2006 at 02:41 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #26
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
And with the blocking call on Dirk, Homey was was in the wrong place in the wrong time. He didn't take a charge nor was he in posistion to take a charge so how is it NOT a blocking foul? Again, just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time...

you mean the call when Wade hit Dirk with the elbow, then stumbled, Dirk getting called for the foul?
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #27
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
you mean the call when Wade hit Dirk with the elbow, then stumbled, Dirk getting called for the foul?

Know what, Looking at it again, Wade did extend the elbow . ...

I remember watching that very play/call knowing some would biitch about it.

That's a hard call to make, because Dirk was in posistion for a blocking call as well (he was not set at the spot). I guess that's one Wade got the benefit of the doubt on that..

I remember a similar call in the Kings/Lakers series (02), it was this play where Kobe pretty much dove his head into (who I believe it was) Doug Christie's chest cavity and Christie got called for the foul...Very similiar.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 11-28-2006 at 02:55 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #28
lay-up
I airball my layups

lay-up has an OK reputation so far

lay-up note: Zaza is a total d-bag...

last year wade was like 49% from the floor...last year's playoffs he was also 49% from the floor

in the finals his last 4 games he went 14-26, 13-23, 11-28, 10-18 which are all darn impressive, except for the 11-28 regardless of FTs.

In all but one of those he got a tonne of FTs, sure...but he was still going crazy from the floor

he may get many FTs but he attacks even more...and can still score and play super competently without FTs...

i like Kobe but even his FTs have gone up the last couple years and he's been settling for jumpers way more than wade as shown in his 44, 45% shooting compared to wade's 48, 49% ahooting..in fact, the FT per basket attack stat there would be way in Kobe's favour...

not dissing Kobe, but judging a player on how many FTs he gets, in spite of his rebounding, passing, all out scoring arsenal, steals and blocks is just really retarded
lay-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #29
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lay-up
in the finals his last 4 games he went 14-26, 13-23, 11-28, 10-18 which are all darn impressive, except for the 11-28 regardless of FTs.

So, in other words, of the 6 games Finals where he was MVP, he shot better than 50% only half the time. Sorry for saying, but that sucks. That means he totally needed those free throws.

Quote:
In all but one of those he got a tonne of FTs, sure...but he was still going crazy from the floor

he may get many FTs but he attacks even more...and can still score and play super competently without FTs...

Is it possible, and maybe I'm crazy, the reason he could go crazy from the floor was partially due to the ft's. Lets say that I'm Josh Howard ("I'm so underrated, even I never heard of myself") defending Wade. I foul him on a generouys ref call, then again on a generous call. Now I have 2 fouls in the first. Am I even getting within a foot of the guy for the rest of the game. Open things up a little bit.

Quote:
not dissing Kobe, but judging a player on how many FTs he gets, in spite of his rebounding, passing, all out scoring arsenal, steals and blocks is just really retarded

Who is judging Wade solely on his ft's. Mostly people are just saying that he shoots a s-load of free throws and they are not all deserved. Even his stuanchest supporters have to admit that he gets some rep calls.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #30
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Even his stuanchest supporters have to admit that he gets some rep calls.

most great players do....

Wade is a great player
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: