Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #31
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Just watched it from DVR.

It was fantastic. Felt like a movie more than a TV show. Loved the visuals and the slow pace. I'm hooked. That last shot from above, with the tank and the horse, panning upwards, was awesome I thought.

And I don't even like the horror genre. But when I saw the reviews, I gave it a try. Glad I did.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #32
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Just watched it from DVR.

It was fantastic. Felt like a movie more than a TV show. Loved the visuals and the slow pace. I'm hooked. That last shot from above, with the tank and the horse, panning upwards, was awesome I thought.

And I don't even like the horror genre. But when I saw the reviews, I gave it a try. Glad I did.
That last shot, along with the view of his entering the city through the highway were very impressive. I love how they use a lot of CGI and special effects.. but they use it with a conscience. They respect the story making sure that we have sufficient details and then when gore and action is needed, they skillfully craft it. Very controlled in its direction. The pacing is very methodical. In certain parts it was slow for effect, but not at all boring..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #33
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So it doesn't air again until this coming Friday night. I set it to record. But what the hell is AMC doing. They've got a show that could catch, but they have to know they're up against the HBO and even Showtime Sunday night lineups, and they're competing with Sunday Night Football and the World Series. They should be reairing this premier episode every night this week.

Today they have an hour and a half of infomercials, and then tonight they have two hours blocked off for Val Kilmer's Red Planet. This is a major part of why I never got into Mad Men, or Breaking Bad, or Rubicon. You gotta give me an opportunity to get hooked. I have serious compulsion issues, and I love good writing, but you gotta give me a chance. I'm their audience, and they can't seem to get me.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #34
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Today they have an hour and a half of infomercials, and then tonight they have two hours blocked off for Val Kilmer's Red Planet. This is a major part of why I never got into Mad Men, or Breaking Bad, or Rubicon. You gotta give me an opportunity to get hooked. I have serious compulsion issues, and I love good writing, but you gotta give me a chance. I'm their audience, and they can't seem to get me.

I sort of agree with this. I was interested in seeing Breaking Bad, I just never knew when it was on, when the new season started.....I didn't even know what channel it was on until just now.

It's true. AMC needs to do a better job of reaching people. But I got to say, they did find me with The Walking Dead. It was the huge ad on the front of the Yahoo Mail page. That's how they got me.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #35
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So it doesn't air again until this coming Friday night. I set it to record. But what the hell is AMC doing. They've got a show that could catch, but they have to know they're up against the HBO and even Showtime Sunday night lineups, and they're competing with Sunday Night Football and the World Series. They should be reairing this premier episode every night this week.

Breaking Bad is absolutely worth your time if you can find some for it.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #36
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That is true about AMC. They have ample air time to reair Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc but they don't use it. I've always found that a bit strange.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #37
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

AMC does not rely on the MTV style of mega repeats all week you'll see it sometime, but then again that might help with their buys during the original airing because they got something like a 8.1 share for the two airings Sunday night. Either way I'm feeling the same way you guys are so I snatched up the 720p commercial-less copy of it last night and will watch it tonight after work.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #38
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I think you said you didn't love Rubicon, but wanted to give it a chance. It's definitely slow but I think it really payed off in the end.

However, if there is a single show on TV right now that is absolute must-see-TV, It's Breaking Bad. It's got to be one of the greatest dramatic TV shows I've ever seen.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #39
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Loved the first episode. Hate new series tho would have rather waited and watched the 1st season together instead of waiting for 1 episode a week.

I feel kinda stupid but is this based off a movie? I coulda swore some scenes felt extremely similar to a movie I had seen.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #40
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Loved the first episode. Hate new series tho would have rather waited and watched the 1st season together instead of waiting for 1 episode a week.

I feel kinda stupid but is this based off a movie? I coulda swore some scenes felt extremely similar to a movie I had seen.
No it's based off a comic. The begininning is very similar to 28 days later which is what you may be referrring to.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #41
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
No it's based off a comic. The begininning is very similar to 28 days later which is what you may be referrring to.

Thanks. Would have bugged me for a while. The whole episode I was racking my brain because of the start.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #42
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I missed it so I'm downloading it now. Jesus Christ, it has nearly 3,000 seeders. More popular than I thought it'd be, but I guess people do love zombies!
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #43
bagelred
Weird

Zombie School:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o830HsnG6Ac
Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #44
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So much stuff on the air right now, need time to catch up.

I did watch though, seems pretty good. One thing that bugged me though (in white)...when Rick was on his way to Atlanta and was sending out calls on the radio, his wife didn't even recognize her own husbands voice? I know it was static-y and all, but c'mon.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #45
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't quote his post.^

Yes, I completely agree on that. It's small, almost insignificant, though.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: