Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #31
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What game did you finish?

Splinter Cell Conviction - It was better than expected. I like how it gives you the choice of sneaking or going balls to the wall.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #32
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Demon's Souls - 52 hours and it was worth it.

Is this game incredibly hard?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #33
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Is this game incredibly hard?

The first level weeds out the men from the boys. You’ll die quite a few times. When you beat the first boss, then you’ll be able to upgrade your character and weapons. It is difficult in the sense that if you die, you start all over at the beginning of the stage but you keep your items and any shortcuts that were opened. It’s not cheaply difficult but a challenging and rewarding action RPG. This is one of the best games I ever played for sure.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #34
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

recently finish Black ops just finished Red dead redemption this morning while having a beer before I went to sleep, great game. Want to buy little big planet two
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #35
m y t i n
I hit open 5-footers

m y t i n has decent reputation

Since October 2010 I finished
-Fable III
-AC Brotherhood
-FFXIII
-GOW 1 & 2
-Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
-Black Ops
m y t i n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #36
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
It’s not cheaply difficult but a challenging and rewarding action RPG.

how is not ever being able to save progress not cheap?
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The first level weeds out the men from the boys.

Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #38
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
how is not ever being able to save progress not cheap?

The game autosaves. As soon as you die it autosaves….unless you can quickly exit within about a second after dying.

The fault of one’s death in this game is usually one’s fault. You have to use caution at every moment.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #39
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

Oh man you are asking the wrong (or maybe correct) person. I have been a gamer since late 80s, finished alot of games on commodore, amiga, nes, snes, sega genesis, neo-geo, dreamcast, N64, ps1, ps2, xbox, ps3, xbox360 and on PC.

Latest one was Dead Space 2 (PC), fantastic game.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 AM   #40
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Finished Bullet Witch and Mass Effect within the same week.

Of course, Bullet Witch is a much shorter game, but I have a history of leaving games unfinished lol.

Mass Effect was over before I knew it, because I had forgot that it's an ACTION Role Playing Game, and those tend to Have a playtime of around 20 hours or so. I love how you can venture off with the sidequests, or just stick with the main storyline. Some Games force you to "grind" and I can't stand that style of RPG.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #41
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Alpha Protocol. I give it a 7/10. It would've been a great ps2 game. It needed way more polish and improved AI. I had fun playing it.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #42
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just finished Red Dead Redemption. Bought it used a couple months ago. Now going for the 100% completion. Just have 14 bounties left to do for that.

Incredible game though. I don't know why I never got around to playing it when it came out but this was an amazing experience with near-perfect storytelling. It's weird that even though most of the missions are very similar, the game never got boring due to the really well designed world you're exploring. This is where GTA 4 missed the mark a bit for me. I found Liberty City to be kinda boring at times.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #43
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I will tell you what I did NOT finish.....Mafia 2. Very nice looking game, very fun when you were actually playing, but there is only so much driving a guy can do. Anyone else enjoy this game?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #44
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Alpha Protocol. I give it a 7/10. It would've been a great ps2 game. It needed way more polish and improved AI. I had fun playing it.

I was sooo temted to snag this up used for 20 bucks, but was still sitting on Mass Effect 2, and my second playthrough of Crackdown (one of the funnest "Mess Around" games ever).

Quote:
Just finished Red Dead Redemption. Bought it used a couple months ago. Now going for the 100% completion. Just have 14 bounties left to do for that.

Incredible game though. I don't know why I never got around to playing it when it came out but this was an amazing experience with near-perfect storytelling. It's weird that even though most of the missions are very similar, the game never got boring due to the really well designed world you're exploring. This is where GTA 4 missed the mark a bit for me. I found Liberty City to be kinda boring at times.

This is one of the few things that kept me away from this game.

1-I wasn't really feeling the "foreigner trying to find his way in the world" premise

2-The driving wasn't tight enough (there's no shame in a car handling "Arcadey" if it makes driving fun)

3-Liberty City is just played out now lol.

I was thinking Rockstar should base the next game in Chicago during the 90s or something. Have you be a Brotha again, dealing with gangs on the tier above the common street thugs (rocking suits, nice faded haircut, and Goatee). Brothas here are known for being smooth as opposed to abrasive and pushy.

The Chi has some of the best Expressways in the country, along with a great sports history (they could have 2 rival pro baseball teams literally trying to kidnap and kill each other for a chance at a World Series title lol).

And of course, you gotta have a "Stepping" mini game in there. This is THE trademark dance of Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFSFH...eature=related
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #45
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
2-The driving wasn't tight enough (there's no shame in a car handling "Arcadey" if it makes driving fun)
I agree.

Some of the best parts of San Andreas (IMO, the best GTA game) were just being able to speed ridiculously through highways and countryside between the 3 different cities. GTA 4 didn't have that sense of variety and fun. I liked the story it told but the setting got stale for me after a while.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: