Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant to Surpass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar As Career Scoring Leader?

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    I really believe Kobe doesn't want it. Kobe can win season MVP and scoring title every year if he wanted to. But the fact is - he always saves himself for the championship in the post season. Kobe can get the record but he won't try.
    It's one thing to say he won't get it......that is arguable........but to say he doesn't want it is just plain dumb, obviously anyone who says that doesn't know crap about the person that Kobe is and what drives him. The only thing he wants more than championships is to be recognized as the G.O.A.T.........he knows that to do that he would probably have to pass Jordan in titles AND pass Kareem in points.....if he does that then who could argue him being the GOAT? This is why he's said he'll play til 40.

Magic Johnson

Default Re: Kobe Bryant to Surpass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar As Career Scoring Leader?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    why is this such an obsession with the fanbois? Why cant they just enjoy KB the player and not care about the comparisons. SO childish.
    I can't wait for that day. ISH will be unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    It's one thing to say he won't get it......that is arguable........but to say he doesn't want it is just plain dumb, obviously anyone who says that doesn't know crap about the person that Kobe is and what drives him. The only thing he wants more than championships is to be recognized as the G.O.A.T.........he knows that to do that he would probably have to pass Jordan in titles AND pass Kareem in points.....if he does that then who could argue him being the GOAT? This is why he's said he'll play til 40.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvW5-sGin4

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    why is this such an obsession with the fanbois? Why cant they just enjoy KB the player and not care about the comparisons. SO childish.
    Any kid who gets butthurt just because I said Kobe will surpass Jordan on the scoring list is the childish one. I didn't say Kobe is better than MJ or make any such comparisons so where is the "obsession" in that? Do you morons just say things that make sense in your head?

Saw a basketball once

considering the differnce in the defense being played on them which game against the knicks showcases more skill

kobe s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDTbcBYOmXI

or jordans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcy_x5IKgEo

"Kobe came close, but he didn't catch us"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic

"Kobe came close, but he didn't catch us"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS_yK1a91FA

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Passing Jordan in titles? This nicca hasn't been able to get past the 2nd round you made that post. He spent 2 consecutive seasons getting annihilated 4-0 and 4-1 in the second round and hasn't been seen in the playoffs since

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    I dunno, Kobe has always said he would play til he is around 40. Wouldn't surprise me. Even at age 38-39 he will be a threat on the floor. Just depends how many rings he has by then and how motivated he still is.
    So much fail here, I don't know where to start

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Its plausible. If Kobe averages 21.0 ppg in 75 games in the next 8 years, he will score 38390 career points, breaking Kareem's 38387. What do you guys think? I think this is an underestimation too, as long he stays healthy -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    So much fail here, I don't know where to start
    If he didn't get the achilles injury, it was defenitely possible. What are you trying to prove here?

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    If he didn't get the achilles injury, it was defenitely possible. What are you trying to prove here?
    Achillies or no Achillies, he wasn't getting another ring or even getting out of the he 2nd round.
    As far Kobe still being a threat, that turned out to be a stupid prediction. Everyone gets injured and tough break for Kobe. Dominique had the same injury at a time without the medical advancements of today and came back to immediately average 30.

Kobe, for better or for worse, has just put out perhaps the worst season in nba history. Given his usage rate, shot total, and inefficiency, I don't think there's ever been or ever will be a more season in which anyone will play as badly as Kobe did.

If you don't think that statement was laughable, credit to you. I think it was. In fact, most of realgm was laughing at the obnoxious Kobe stans who were guaranteeing 7 or 8 rings.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Had the NBA/Stern not illegally vetoed the Paul trade, Kobe would've broken the record.

He ended his career trying to carry a bunch of soft ass quitters.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Had the NBA/Stern not illegally vetoed the Paul trade, Kobe would've broken the record.

He ended his career trying to carry a bunch of soft ass quitters.
    Too bad.only 33 thousand points in 2 decades. You'd expect more

Not impressed

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

No hyperbole but Kobe would of fairly easily broke the scoring record if it wasn't for his Achilles

Still the number one scoring guard of all time. Didn't need to get bird fed by one of the greatest point guards of all time nor stat pad in the 70's where no one played defense and half the players were coming down off cocaine.